Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    And he’s supposed to be a successor to Peter Parker’s Spider-Man too. That means DO NOT TRY TO REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES AS HE DID.
    How would he possibly know about OMD? Even Peter doesn't know.

As for this issue, it was excellent. I liked how Zub handled Miles' choice, making it seem like a plausible decision in that instance.

The final panel of this issue was a chilling one. Looking forward to seeing how this arc, and its long term implications, plays out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    No catches, no costs, or so he says. Miles gets a do-over for free, and all he has to do is break his Power & Responsibility mantra by letting an innocent girl die.
    To be fair to Miles, he didn't know that last part would be a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    To be fair to Miles, he didn't know that last part would be a consequence.
    It was his delay in rescuing her that led to Kamala dying, which he corrected at the cost of her life. And going by last issue, it's clear Miles is aware of how he let that girl down.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    It was his delay in rescuing her that led to Kamala dying, which he corrected at the cost of her life. And going by last issue, it's clear Miles is aware of how he let that girl down.
    Yes, but in the moment of that decision I don't believe he thought out that consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, but in the moment of that decision I don't believe he thought out that consequence.
    Very much so, and honestly who could blame him. Especially when a reality warping devil is taking full advantage of your grief at you most desperate and vulnerable moment and saying everything you want to hear relating to making everything all right again.

Also Zub has gone on record saying the stuff that happened in the school shooting issue still weighs heavily in Miles' mind. No way was he in the right head space when he made the deal and that is exactly what Mephisto wanted. Heck, I'll go so far to accuse that red @%#$ of unleashing Zzzax on Dubai just to lure the Champions into a trap in order to make a deal.

Mighty Member

Kamala is kind of annoying me with how she acts as team leader. I mean it's like if someone other than her suggests a plan of action or gives directives she gets all huffy about it. Miles coordinates with Sam about tactics and Kamala gets all defensive and insecure because he didn't tell her first or something. If you are a confident leader then stuff like that shouldn't bother you, but she goes out of her way to remind everyone she's the leader and can't have anyone upstage her. Very insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Kamala is kind of annoying me with how she acts as team leader. I mean it's like if someone other than her suggests a plan of action or gives directives she gets all huffy about it. Miles coordinates with Sam about tactics and Kamala gets all defensive and insecure because he didn't tell her first or something. If you are a confident leader then stuff like that shouldn't bother you, but she goes out of her way to remind everyone she's the leader and can't have anyone upstage her. Very insecure.
    It’s her first time as the “official” leader of the team. Before then everyone was listening to her anyway but she was still very shy of the idea of taking on the full responsibilities that come with leadership. She puts on a good show of confidence in front of her teammates but those doubts weren’t going to magically disappear, and in the right hands can make for great story and character development with her overcoming those doubts. And in all honesty I would be surprised if she wasn’t nervous or insecure of taking on this role full stop, I mean look at what happened during the teams “stress test” mission.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Okay if I had to make a prediction with how the rest of the arc is, I think the third issue is going to see Mephisto trying to coerce Miles into make an actual formal deal with him. The reason why he gave Miles and Amadeus a "free" reset is because in this new timeline, Miles had such tunnel vision about making sure Kamala and Viv didn't die that he forgot to save the civilian like he did the first time. Mephisto will wind up taunting Miles over this fact.

Amadeus is probably going to spill the beans to the others.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Miles should have just hunted down the fantastic four's time machine and used it. Much less hassle.

BANNED

Agh. I totally called Miles' predicament having to do with the death of his friends. I'm very interested in seeing why Mephisto was willing to do this 'favor'. I suspect that the earlier suggestion of the civilian casualty being important could very well be true

Mighty Member

Great issue.

Poor Miles, he was so focus on saving Kamala with the second chance he was given I don't think he even remember the girl he saved previously.

Can't wait to see how this unfold.

Viv isn't in No Road Home but Vision's plot there will impact Champions:
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/182655...-this-gorgeous

Important Sam stuff in the next two issues:
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/182656...es-anyway-love

Zub tried to buy the original art for a certain page from #2, but was gifted it instead.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/182659802260/that-page
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dang that was tough to read because of all the emotions running high and the tragic ending. That the next one really seems to focus on Kamala really has me concerned about what'll happen next. So far this story arc is starting good.

Zub wants to write a second teen book - Power Pack.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1094469741165596672
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zub wants to write a second teen book - Power Pack.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1094469741165596672
    As long as he doesn't de-age them (and perhaps used some of the Future Foundation in the supporting cast!) I'd definitely be up for that. Its a pipe dream I'm sure but they do say hoe springs eternal.