Page 181 of 285 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

KABE One late Happy Birthday to my dear Jay. (from 2018)

bluetost_T

Last edited by Sergard; 08-24-2019 at 03:24 AM. Reason: fanart was deleted by artist

I think Christopher Priest should take a crack at Red Hood next after his Deathstroke run. I think Preist's style could compliment the character and play with Jason's moral ambiguity in interesting ways we haven't seen before.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I would try Warren Ellis, but that's probably me just being me, as always. Yeah, I'm a fan.
    Priest wouldn't be a bad choice, I think.

But after Lobdell is done with the story he's working on. I hate when writers cannot finish their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I would try Warren Ellis, but that's probably me just being me, as always. Yeah, I'm a fan.

But after Lobdell is done with the story he's working on. I hate when writers cannot finish their stories.
    I second that.
    Although I'd prefer Priest to write a Wallace West solo next. In his last interview Priest seemed really excited about the character.

I agree as well. And from what Lobdell has said he has planned, barring anymore editorial interference, sounds pretty good.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't mention the Outlaws at all. (Same for Starfire)

The DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide New Edition was released in March 2019. It's the first Character Guide since Rebirth started and the entries - as short as they are - mostly only mention current stuff/the bare minimum you need to know for the Rebirth depiction of the character.

Dick is portrayed as Nightwing (Name: Richard "Dick" Grayson). Ric isn't even mentioned. But I also don't think that Ric was a thing when the Character Guide was created. At least the Red Hood text indicates that Jason was still wearing his first Rebirth outfit back then and that his current outfit was a last minute change without checking if the text boxes are still consistent with the artwork.
    Yeah, Ric started in October.

About Roy and Starfire... I guess similar with their Rebirth appearances, DC want to disassociate them with Outlaws. At first, even Jason started with "I never had friends before Bizarro" or something like that. It wasn't until after the first arc, I think, did the book mention any relation to Roy and Kori, and other books haven't mentioned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah, Ric started in October.

About Roy and Starfire... I guess similar with their Rebirth appearances, DC want to disassociate them with Outlaws. At first, even Jason started with "I never had friends before Bizarro" or something like that. It wasn't until after the first arc, I think, did the book mention any relation to Roy and Kori, and other books haven't mentioned them.
    Jason was mentined as Roy's trusted contact in Heroes in Crisis, and Roy mentioned his association with Jason in Green Arrow just before HiC started. And again, their relationship has been a point in Event Leviathan. So at least, as far as Roy and Jason goes, DC doesn't seem to want to erase their envolvement. I would say they want even the contrary, actually: to reinforce their link. Also, Jason did mentioned Kori and Roy in his own book, as friends. He just added that things ended in not-entirely good terms, which is true for Roy, and Kori may as well.

Kori seems to be the one DC doesn't akcnowledge as a team mate. But if they do it for Roy...
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-19-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yeah, the little fallout there's been for Roy's death has been about how Jason was devastated by it. Even the promotional stuff leading to HiC (and Roy's demise) made a point of highlight the fact Roy and Jason were each other's best friends.

Extraordinary Member

I guess they were going with titans over Outlaws in the Guide, because he was a member of that team when the Guide was written, and he has after all a much longer history (all the way back to the 60s) as Titan than as Outlaw.

Making two of Dicks closest friend Jason's team mates was allways a liitle bit problematic because of that.

Some more entries from the DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide New Edition that mention Jason Todd/Red Hood/Outlaws:

Solomon Grundy

Talia Al Ghul

Circe

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I hate the way they treat the League and the All-Caste as the same organization.

Joker

Ra's Al Ghul

The Red Robin ("Batman's Detective Heir") entry also mentions Jason but only indirectly: "Tim Drake is a young man with an incredible investigative mind. He impresses Batman by deducing not only his secret identity but also those of Dick Grayson and Jason Todd."

And in case someone wonders: There is no entry for Black Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Joker

Ra's Al Ghul

The Red Robin ("Batman's Detective Heir") entry also mentions Jason but only indirectly: "Tim Drake is a young man with an incredible investigative mind. He impresses Batman by deducing not only his secret identity but also those of Dick Grayson and Jason Todd."

And in case someone wonders: There is no entry for Black Mask.
    Well duh! You don't make a profile for Hood's warm-up villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well duh! You don't make a profile for Hood's warm-up villain.
    Black Mask is a known villain of Batman and Robin. A second rate villain, but known enough nonetheless, I think. Well, maybe. I don't really know, maybe I'm under the wrong impression \o/.

Black Mask is a known villain of Batman and Robin. A second rate villain, but known enough nonetheless, I think. Well, maybe. I don't really know, maybe I'm under the wrong impression \o/.
    Pre-Flashpoint, he nearly killed Steph. Shortly after, Jason came in and basically destroyed his empire from the ground up, either by taking those that worked for him or killing those that wouldn't defect in UTRH. Basically unintentionally avenging Steph (and I believe Selina delivered the killing blow to Black Mask later).

In Rebirth, Mask had some device in the Mayor that Jason neutralized under the guise of shooting him. Then Mask tried to use Biz for a puppet, which then backfired, and last we saw, Black Mask was in Ma Gunn's care. Alive, but essentially a vegetable. Due to his own actions.