Page 172 of 285 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't get it. Card Stock is the variant, right? Since when are variants listed separately?
    I don't know how to update the sales statistics. Which numbers should I use?
    Cardstock comics apparently are comics with a thicker paper. I guess for libraries and stuff? No idea. I would add them all.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Is listed separately because the Card stock variant was pricier, so it only really impacts the series' Dollar rank. For matters entirely about copies sold, just use the 21,308 number since that is what both editions of issue 36 sold in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Is listed separately because the Card stock variant was pricier, so it only really impacts the series' Dollar rank. For matters entirely about copies sold, just use the 21,308 number since that is what both editions of issue 36 sold in total.
    21k isn't a bad mark, if it's just a thicker cover, and not an actual special variant cover.
    14k is lower than I was expecting for the annual, aw.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yeah I was expecting a little higher on the annual too

There's a Jason Todd birthday week challenge on Tumblr (source: Daily Jason Todd).
    Hashtags: #jtbdayweek or #jtbw19

Here are some fanarts:

samysamsamarts

orange-mimosa

Giant Nerd

Not only there, but on AO3 as well.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    21k isn't a bad mark, if it's just a thicker cover, and not an actual special variant cover.
    14k is lower than I was expecting for the annual, aw.
    But it's the Year of the Villain variant cover by Yasmine Putri. I would call that a special variant cover.

I'm surprised too about the low number for the annual. The annual was in the top 3 on readDC for quite a while. So I thought that the physical copies would do well too.

But it's the Year of the Villain variant cover by Yasmine Putri. I would call that a special variant cover.

I'm surprised too about the low number for the annual. The annual was in the top 3 on readDC for quite a while. So I thought that the physical copies would do well too.
    That was the variant cover for #36? Weird it did low then. Puttri's covers sell nicely, very nicely.
    Something in these numbers feel wrong. Not just about RHATO: overall, I noticed that this past month's figures are a bit off, too low, for a lot of books. Maybe it's just my impression.

I'm pretty sure there is now an additional preview page from 'Event Leviathan #3'.

Incredible Member

There is a big Rebirth sale on Comixology right now so I just picked up the latest trade for more than 50 % off.

Damn it. Jason really got balls of steel in Leviathan. The guy is jumping mid air and turn around to shoot at Batman, green Arrow, Robin, the Question, Plastic Man and an unknown woman (plus Lois Lane) like there is no tomorrow and he don't give a damn.

Is it wrong that i like it ?

Astonishing Member

Damian

Why is Tim a crime fighter and Damian a super hero - and Dick and Jason are vigilantes?
    38 kg sounds very underweight for Damian. In the meanwhile Jason is heavier than Shazam (100 kg, 1,88 m/6 ft 2 in).
    Damian's and Tim's ally is Batman - the others have bat-family.
    The list of main foes is very lackluster for all four. For Jason I would have expected Black Mask and the Untitled, maybe even Solitary and Joker's Daughter.
    And since when is Two-Face a main foe of Dick?
    Why is Tim the only one with a second name?
    Sorry for the late reply, but did Duke/Signal have one of these? (Probs inaccurate, but I'm still curious.)

Astonishing Member

It's true that Priest gave Joey harder, drier, even meaner personality traits; but I think he's still too tied to the Titans and too heroic to work fine as a member of the Outlaws (but I am totally in for him joining). And it's true, as was already mentioned, that he's a "big" character and chances are he's not allowed by editorial. Connor, I could see them though. He's nowhere now, in limbo, and even if he was a main character for a while, it's still "small," I guess.

From the flash family, last time I read that book, Goodspeed was a pretty straight forward villain (hurting innocents and all); but that was a year and half ago and I was told he changed? In any case, yep; seems like he's out of the list if he's still in someone else's plams. Daniel West could be cool; he has enought heroic traits as far as I know, but he's still dead right? And bringing him back in this book could feel kind of rude for the current kid flash fans. What about Pied Piper?
    Again, sorry for the late reply.

I dunno; I think Joey could still work in a Red Hood & the Outlaws setting, if nothing then but contrast. Granted, Connor could work better that way, but still. Also, not sure how strictly "important" enough Jericho is to have some kind of use-embargo over him. He barely appears in things, and usually never in a main role. At least not for long, or in comparison to Rose.

Also, Daniel existing here wouldn't be an affront to Wallace's/Kid Flash's fans. Not as far as I can see it. If anything, it would excite his fans by opening a doorway to get the two to interact again on a personal level, something that hasn't happened in forever and would breed awesome potential given their newly retconned status of Daniel being Wallace's dad who'd been masquerading as his uncle for all of his known life. (And while it was done as a heroic sacrifice and an act of redemption, which I appreciate his character going through, closing the book on as cool a character as Daniel was never sat right with me. I'd like him brought back for the story potential he can only present as a living character.)

Not sure on Pied Piper. He's reformed, though he hasn't been seen since The Flash series during the mid-New 52, when he was a regular recurring character then.

Lastly, quite a bit has happened since the first Rebirth Flash story arc. And even then, August/Godspeed was technically never merely a straightforward villain character; even at his most power-high early on, Godspeed was always an Anti-Villain hardcore vigilante. It could be argued that his transitions into getting drunk off his newfound power and outlet for his vigilante ambitions could have been better served happening over a more expanded length of time than it did, but's more the writing pressures of keeping a brief pace in the story, where no current arc can last longer than 6 issues max. We could have done with the time to flesh his backstory and personal thoughts more, but alas. That said, he's gone through his own form of a redemption arc, and even tried to kill himself for his misdeeds as self-recompense. Currently, he was saved and is now working at the behest of the enigmatic figure who saved him (even if this puts him at odds with Barry again).

Takeaway being that Godspeed is a morally complex character who's nuance would fit the Outlaws quite nicely. It would also likely provide him with some internal fleshing out that he can't afford to be given in the way his character deserves, since he's not the lead of The Flash and there's only so much time for things to be done, between all the ongoing arcs and the need to focus on Barry. (The Red Hood books tend to treat their party members as being just as narratively important as Jason in their own ways. August Heart could use some of that.)

August endangered civilians without a second thought as far as I remember (maybe I'm remembering wrong). That's plenty crazy-villainous for me. But I guess that yeah, he was more like an anti-villainous vigilante (much like Jason's in Under the Hood), constricted by the time Williamson had to tell that story.

I don't think they're going to "free" that character until Williamson is done with the book, though.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn it. Jason really got balls of steel in Leviathan. The guy is jumping mid air and turn around to shoot at Batman, green Arrow, Robin, the Question, Plastic Man and an unknown woman (plus Lois Lane) like there is no tomorrow and he don't give a damn.

Is it wrong that i like it ?
    No, is not wrong.

But it is terrible writing. Sure, Jason should be good but that good, this is just the kind of low effort, pandering writing that Jason is commonly accused of for those who aren't familiar with his stories.

August endangered civilians without a second thought as far as I remember (maybe I'm remembering wrong). That's plenty crazy-villainous for me. But I guess that yeah, he was more like an anti-villainous vigilante (much like Jason's in Under the Hood), constricted by the time Williamson had to tell that story.

I don't think they're going to "free" that character until Williamson is done with the book, though.
    August also killed a bunch of newly made speedsters by stealing their speed.