Page 174 of 285 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4267
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, and making sure Lois doesn't take pictures with her phone all at the same time. It isn't nearly as bad as when Batman beats the whole Justice League, which I hate, but this felt excessive. Like if Dick did this I wouldn't like it either. Then the heroes saying he kicked their ass was further affirmation which felt odd too. This isn't a knock on Jason but more on how Bendis is writing his story.

It also didn't help that the story feels like it spent a lot of time explaining why Jason isn't Leviathan, but the readers never thought he was Leviathan anyway. So it feels like a lot of wasted pages and time showing "the world's greatest detectives" look dumb. I still think it will be Roy and maybe all this is just setting up some Roy vs Jason thing, but it really could have been constructed better I think.
    They never really bothered to explain why they even thought it was Jason in the first place. Even the fight itself was kind of difficult to follow what was suppose to be going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The fight is anyway kind of odd, I don't really get how he took out Plastic Man (who you can't really take out without a gadget), and how he bested Batman and Robin, they are fighting on one side and on the next he has somehow won and has gotten away.
    Yeah the fight was a little tough to follow. It looked like he caught an arrow from Green Arrow with his run barrel and then later fired his gun to shoot the arrow at point blank range at Plastic Man. I guess we are supposed to assume it was some trick arrow that was able to stop him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    August endangered civilians without a second thought as far as I remember (maybe I'm remembering wrong). That's plenty crazy-villainous for me. But I guess that yeah, he was more like an anti-villainous vigilante (much like Jason's in Under the Hood), constricted by the time Williamson had to tell that story.

I don't think they're going to "free" that character until Williamson is done with the book, though.
    Having followed the character, since he rather intrigues me, I can confidently say the latter is more accurate than simply "crazy villain". It's actually a good analogy with UtRH Jason, too. And yes, I do feel time constraints did rush things along such that points that needed to be made and reached were done so faster then they could be grown. But such is the nature of things, sometimes.

Also, yeah. It's doubtful August will see the light of day anywhere else while Williamson still has his story to tell. It'd help if he was elsewhere, though, in my opinion, just so that he doesn't risk vanishing if or should Williamson does from The Flash before he can tell his stories. Him appearing here is just wishful thinking on my part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yes he had.
    Height: 1.75m (5ft 9 in)
    Weight: 82 kg (180 lbs)
    Base: Gotham City
    Main Allies: Batman, the Bat-Family, Detective Alex Aisi
    Main Foes Gnomon, The Joker, the Riddler
    Thanks!

Well, I guess some of this looks right? The mechanic thing? That's fanon from the Earth-27 concept; they kinda completely changed Duke's character, excising his connection to Bruce and Batman. (Also, Wallace is the one with the mechanic prowess.)

They do note Aisi and Gnomon, though, which is good.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-14-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, and making sure Lois doesn't take pictures with her phone all at the same time. It isn't nearly as bad as when Batman beats the whole Justice League, which I hate, but this felt excessive. Like if Dick did this I wouldn't like it either. Then the heroes saying he kicked their ass was further affirmation which felt odd too. This isn't a knock on Jason but more on how Bendis is writing his story.

It also didn't help that the story feels like it spent a lot of time explaining why Jason isn't Leviathan, but the readers never thought he was Leviathan anyway. So it feels like a lot of wasted pages and time showing "the world's greatest detectives" look dumb. I still think it will be Roy and maybe all this is just setting up some Roy vs Jason thing, but it really could have been constructed better I think.
    I agree. And this is why I don't like the idea of Bendis doing Batman. Well, one of the whys, at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Well, I guess some of this looks right? The mechanic thing? That's fanon from the Earth-27 concept; they kinda completely changed Duke's character, excising his connection to Bruce and Batman. (Also, Wallace is the one with the mechanic prowess.)
    Height and Weight seem also to be copied from Earth-27, the research they did for this book wasn't really that great ...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Wow, Leviathan#3 was pretty bad. Another issue wasted where the plot doesn't move forward and everyone acts out of character. Jason didn't got chumped but being turned into Identity Crisis' Deathstroke is not better.

Extraordinary Member

I really don't get why they thing that such a low pacing is acceptable in big event storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Wow, Leviathan#3 was pretty bad. Another issue wasted where the plot doesn't move forward and everyone acts out of character. Jason didn't got chumped but being turned into Identity Crisis' Deathstroke is not better.
    Honestly, the art is not very good for this kind of story either. Its just the wrong amount of detail, particularly for action scenes.

And Bendis still proves he can write entire issues, filled with dialogue, but somehow NOT advance the plot at all.

And who is this imposter posing as Damian?

Haha this issue. I don't understand most of what everyone says or does.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Haha this issue. I don't understand most of what everyone says or does.
    Yes, exactly.

Sigh.

Ah, whatever. This will be resolved in the last issue and probably forgotten afterwards.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, the art is not very good for this kind of story either. Its just the wrong amount of detail, particularly for action scenes.

And Bendis still proves he can write entire issues, filled with dialogue, but somehow NOT advance the plot at all.

And who is this imposter posing as Damian?
    It's Tim wearing a Damian mask.

And he'd of gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that if it wasn't that meddling Leviathan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason didn't got chumped but being turned into Identity Crisis' Deathstroke is not better.
    What Deathstroke did was way more ridiculous then what Jason did here, and it was also way more awesome since you could actually understand what was going on in that fight.

In the fight in Event leviathan Jason accuracy with the guns, and when redirecting the Arrow seems kind of over the top, but you see Bruce, Dick and Damian do stuff like that quite often, so it is believable for me that he can pull that of.

Manhunter is not really a highly trained fighter, so that Jason can take her in an one-on-one fight is also plausible.

Green Arrow shoots only two arrows at him, and one seems actually to do what it was supposed to do and to block Jason's gun. And we have seen Jason already pre crisis doing well in fight against the (imo more capable) post OYL Grren Arrow.

In the Fight with Batman and Robin you can't tell what is going on, but it looked more like Jason somehow got away that he actually beat them in Hand to hand combat.

Only the Plastic Man thing doesn't really make sense for me, since that guy is basically invulnerable to martial arts, guns and falling from building. And could imo easily taken Jason down, if his powers had been used properly.

So do y’all think Jason is done with Event: Leviathan or will he continue to pop up in the last 3 issues.