Page 136 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 4267
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I like this cover more than the previous one, but still think the variant to issue #27 would of been the best choice of the bunch.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    DC has changed the title of the last story arc from "Underlife" to "Requiem for an archer"?
    (And I'm a little sad that they didn't keep Putri's variant as a volume cover.)

That's just the name of the volume, those don't always use the titles of the storylines. Vol 4 for example, is titled "Good Night Gotham"

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Event Leviathan #2 Variant by Jason Fabok

If nothing else, the more they use Jason front and center of promotional materials, the less likely for him actually being Leviathan.

Unless of course, that Bendis is really that bad of a writer.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    If nothing else, the more they use Jason front and center of promotional materials, the less likely for him actually being Leviathan.

Bendis has a terrible tendency toward writing characters that are not the focus of his work out of character so I wouldn't bank on Leviathan not being Jason. Seems like exactly the kind of thing Bendis would do.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

So yeah, I know I'm a bit behind but I just read through the first 4 volumes of this run over the last couple of days, and wanted to share some thoughts.

First off, I never in my life thought I would ever care for someone like Bizarro, but he was so well-written in this so you just can't not like the guy. "Bizarro, cloned on a wednesday. Kick butt on friday" is one of the best lines I've read in a long time Also, the scene where he is about to murder all those henchmen by gassing them I was like "Holy shit, is this really happening? He's truly committed to this cause"
    I was hoping though that someone could explain to me why after becoming smart, he sometimes wears his "S" the right way and sometimes the reverse way?

Artemis was also really cool and I can't wait to find out what happened to her and Bizarro when they disappeared together with the flying HQ.
    It was pretty obvious from the start that something was gonna happen between her and Jason so I really appreciate the fact that they waited 20+ issues until actually getting to it instead of just rushing it.

I'm already pretty familiar with Jason Todd as a character (I really like Death in the family and Under The Red Hood is one of my fave DC movies). I haven't read the N52 run though and according to what I've read about it I am in no hurry to do so. I really like how he is written here (they all are), as opposed to that Morrison Batman & Robin title, for example.

All in all, a really entertaining and well-written run with great art. I usually don't pick up single issues so I will most likely wait for the next trade to come out until I continue reading.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    So yeah, I know I'm a bit behind but I just read through the first 4 volumes of this run over the last couple of days, and wanted to share some thoughts.

First off, I never in my life thought I would ever care for someone like Bizarro, but he was so well-written in this so you just can't not like the guy. "Bizarro, cloned on a wednesday. Kick butt on friday" is one of the best lines I've read in a long time Also, the scene where he is about to murder all those henchmen by gassing them I was like "Holy shit, is this really happening? He's truly committed to this cause"
    I was hoping though that someone could explain to me why after becoming smart, he sometimes wears his "S" the right way and sometimes the reverse way?
    You are not the only one. When RHatO Rebirth was announced, I was more than a little skeptical about Bizarro. The information that I had found about Bizarro made his character look very goofy. And I personally prefer darker and more serious stories with a lot of emotion and just the right amount of humor here and there. But in the end Bizarro turned out to be a great character. I'm glad that RHatO has its own Bizarro and not the Bizarro from Bizarro World.

I love that line from the Grundy fight too. It's fun but also shows Bizarro's determination to protect his little family of outlaws while said family is worried about Bizarro's declining health. So much emotion in one scene. I love it.

I didn't notice the "S" thing, could be because of different artists, or something metaphorical when smart Bizarro is in fear of turning back into his old self. I'll reread the Bizarro Reborn arc later.

Artemis was also really cool and I can't wait to find out what happened to her and Bizarro when they disappeared together with the flying HQ.
    It was pretty obvious from the start that something was gonna happen between her and Jason so I really appreciate the fact that they waited 20+ issues until actually getting to it instead of just rushing it.
    I would have been pretty mad if Artemis had been immediately turned into Jason's new love interest. I definitely preferred Jason's and Artemis' platonic friendship for a long time. I'm not a fan of that mentality that a guy and a woman on the same team need to fall in love with each other. But the idea of Artemis and Jason grew on me. So I'm glad that it needed 25 issues until Jason finally got his kiss.

I'm already pretty familiar with Jason Todd as a character (I really like Death in the family and Under The Red Hood is one of my fave DC movies). I haven't read the N52 run though and according to what I've read about it I am in no hurry to do so. I really like how he is written here (they all are), as opposed to that Morrison Batman & Robin title, for example.

All in all, a really entertaining and well-written run with great art. I usually don't pick up single issues so I will most likely wait for the next trade to come out until I continue reading.
    The current story arc has some recurring side characters from the New52 arc. It would probably be an advantage if you knew some stuff from the old run. So maybe keep that in mind when you read Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 2 (if DC does not change the title again).

Oh yeah, listings for Mattel's Red Hood appeared on BBTS

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid...edium=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

I wonder if the variant looks similar to the Event Leviathan #1 standard cover on purpose - Batman in the front and the head of a red masked person in the background.

Jason's hair is really long on the variant. Interesting artistic choice of Fabok considering that not even his Jason design for the Three Jokers story has that kind of hair length. Reminds me more of Batman: Ninja Jason.

And here's some nice fanart of Suzie Su saving the day/Jason (source: zumaon).

Love at first sight. I love this piece.

I wonder if the variant looks similar to the Event Leviathan #1 standard cover on purpose - Batman in the front and the head of a red masked person in the background.
    You might be right. They look too much like a pair.

Jason's hair is really long on the variant. Interesting artistic choice of Fabok considering that not even his Jason design for the Three Jokers story has that kind of hair length. Reminds me more of Batman: Ninja Jason.

Interesting physics with that punch there. lol

But yeah, didn't see Suzie and her sisters end up working for Jason coming. Kind of like it. They get to work "legit" while also getting to beat up the occasional thug that drops by.

I asked the same question on the Nightwing's thread.
    So, how old Jason is these days, post Rebirth?
    (?)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    I asked the same question on the Nightwing's thread.
    So, how old Jason is these days, post Rebirth?
    (?)
    Between 20 and 21, I think. More towards 21, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Between 20 and 21, I think. More towards 21, probably.
    Yes, for me it's something like:

Bruce 35-36
    Dick 22-24
    Jason 20-21
    Tim 16
    Damian 13-14