Page 194 of 285 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4267

Hey guys! Starting to dive into some Batman comics and interested in Red Hood. Saw in the OP the recommendations to pick up the current series. Anything from the New 52 that I should look for too? Or just jump in with the current run?

Incredible Member

Even though I'm a fan of the character and has always thought the movie is one of the better DC animated movies ever made, I haven't actually ever read Under the Red Hood.
    But I was visiting a comic book store this weekend and they actually happened to have 2 or 3 copies of it and so I couldn't resist taking one of them with me home.
    Honestly pretty excited to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Hey guys! Starting to dive into some Batman comics and interested in Red Hood. Saw in the OP the recommendations to pick up the current series. Anything from the New 52 that I should look for too? Or just jump in with the current run?
    The original Red Hood and the Outlaws, at least the first trades of it. And maybe Red Hood/Arsenal and Batman and Robin Eternal?

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Even though I'm a fan of the character and has always thought the movie is one of the better DC animated movies ever made, I haven't actually ever read Under the Red Hood.
    But I was visiting a comic book store this weekend and they actually happened to have 2 or 3 copies of it and so I couldn't resist taking one of them with me home.
    Welcome to our thread . Enjoy your read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The Master never disappoints.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Honestly, the animated film is a good substitute. A few things from the comics that have to do with the larger DC Universe at the time are excluded, but it still hits all the same notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, the animated film is a good substitute. A few things from the comics that have to do with the larger DC Universe at the time are excluded, but it still hits all the same notes.
    It's a good substitute, yeah. And it fixes some issues with the comic as far as I recall, like the conclusion. But it also lacks that badass scene with Jason crawling out of his grave (that was in the annual, I think?).

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm so pumped to have Red Hood and the Outlaws (Rebirth) translated in French ! I'll pick it up as soon as my birthday's come and gone, if no one in my family offered it to me

Also, each time I'm reminded that I need to read more of Pre-Flashpoint Jason stories, I remember his horrible costume and anti-villain or whatever attitude around and after Battle for the Cowl and I get cold feet. Anything worth reading, beyond Under the Red Hood in that era ?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

His appearance in Green Arrow (2001): Seeing Red (issues #69 to 72) & The Outsiders (2007) #44 aren’t bad but you aren’t missing much if you don’t read them either.

Extraordinary Member

"Red Hood - The Lost Days" is (apart from the Thalia thing) not bad, but very likely not canon anymore.

The first couple of issues of "Countdown" are not bad.
    Unfortunately the rest of the event is quite terrible, and with 52 issues it is also kind of expensive.

And everything after Countdown should be ignored.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Countdown is worth checking out because it set the foundations of Jason's characterization from the N52 onwards. Unfortunately, they had to return everyi to the status quo by the end, so they had to scrap all the development Jason went through the series in the last few issues.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Countdown is worth checking out because it set the foundations of Jason's characterization from the N52 onwards. Unfortunately, they had to return every to the status quo by the end, so they had to scrap all the development Jason went through the series in the last few issues.
    How did they erase that?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How did they erase that?
    Because his personality, behaviour and motivations had little to do with what came later, as far as I recall. And because in Countdown he was an anti-hero, and after, a perfectly villainous villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How did they erase that?
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while. But from my memory, Countdown was supposed to transfer Jason from the Red Hood identity to the Red Robin identity, basically (as far as his story line goes) it was meant to be a sort of halfway redemption for the character by way of self reflection (seeing different versions of himself and especially different version of Bruce who kills the joker for Jason and gifts him with the Red Robin identity in the first place).

However, for whatever reason, around the last issues, the story for Jason 180'd and he completely reversed and regressed to his UTRH self as soon as everything wrapped up. And right after woulds is when DC started the whole super villain thing with him. I say for whatever reason but honestly the most common reason I hear for this abrupt 'go no where' story arc is that this was about the time that DC needed an identity for Tim whilst Morrison needed Damian as Robin and so the identity of Red Robin became Tims instead.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-09-2019 at 09:58 AM.