Page 268 of 285 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4267

Just got this from the other thread...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/1...ans-partner-in

The Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 is a prestige format comic book retailing for $9.99 and available on March 11, 2020.

This instant collectible includes stories from of comics’ greatest Robin writers, paying tribute to the character in various guises, including Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne. The Talent list for these stories reads like a who’s-who list of comic luminaries, such as Marv Wolfman, Tom Grummett, Chuck Dixon, Scott McDaniel, Devin Grayson, Dan Jurgens, Norm Rapmund, Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mikel Janin, James Tynion IV, Peter J. Tomasi, Judd Winick and others.

In addition to a dynamic cover by Lee Weeks, hardcore fans and collectors can also look forward to eight variant covers spotlighting Robin throughout the decades, drawn by some of comics’ premiere artists:

1940’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
    1950’s variant cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
    1960’s variant cover by Dustin Nguyen
    1970’s variant cover by Kaare Andrews
    1980’s variant cover by Frank Miller
    1990’s variant cover by Jim Cheung
    2000’s variant cover by Derrick Chew
    2010’s variant cover by Yasmine Putri

An equally impressive collection of artistic talent will honor Robin in a series of tribute images celebrating different incarnations of the character such as Kenneth Rocafort, Nicola Scott, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller.
    Apparently even Winick is returning for this one...

I wonder if he will be writing a story for Jason?
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-13-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. As it is now, they can't even get to the first part (for a variety of reasons).

Alfred is dead (and seemed to let Bruce go nutso on Jason). Jason and Tim haven't really interacted since Rebirth, if not before. Dick is still "Ric" (enough said there). Jason has barely interacted with Steph and Cass (period). And Damian is probably only 2nd on Jason's list of non-villains that he hates now. The top being taken by Bruce.
    I don't think Jason "hates" Bruce or Damian.
    Before he died, Jason loved Bruce like a father - and love doesn't vanish this easily.
    It also kind of shows in RH:O #27 when Jason initiates the hug.
    But being attacked by the best father figure he ever had in life - and then being attacked by the "blood son" - and then being attacked by father and blood son can leave an ugly mark.
    This will be hard to fix for Bruce - and Damian will probably never try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't think Jason "hates" Bruce or Damian.
    Before he died, Jason loved Bruce like a father - and love doesn't vanish this easily.
    It also kind of shows in RH:O #27 when Jason initiates the hug.
    But being attacked by the best father figure he ever had in life - and then being attacked by the "blood son" - and then being attacked by father and blood son can leave an ugly mark.
    This will be hard to fix for Bruce - and Damian will probably never try.
    And with the way comics go, you can make a good bet that it will never be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    And with the way comics go, you can make a good bet that it will never be addressed.
    I hate it when "heroes" do bad stuff and don't have to face any consequences.
    Being a well-known hero or the son of a well-known hero (as mentioned in another thread I don't consider anyone in the batfamily a hero, but most people would probably label Batman and Co. heroes) shouldn't be a free pass on everything.

I hate it when "heroes" do bad stuff and don't have to face any consequences.
    That....has been, quite a big factor deterring me away from Batmans main books.

Apparently even Winick is returning for this one...

I wonder if he will be writing a story for Jason?
    Maybe that's a clue...? Maybe

Last edited by RedBird; 12-13-2019 at 10:17 AM.

You mean a clue, that Judd Winick is going to write a Jason story?
    Or a clue that it will be a Robin Jason story?
    Or a clue that it will be a story connected to the Under the Red Hood story arc?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Seeley and King confirmed they'll be returning to write Grayson, so yeah, I think Winnick's definitely writing Jason. It's anniversary time.

You mean a clue, that Judd Winick is going to write a Jason story?
    Or a clue that it will be a Robin Jason story?
    Or a clue that it will be a story connected to the Under the Red Hood story arc?
    A clue that he will be writing a story for Jason.

He has replied to confirmations of his involvement with the book using gifs of Jason, like the one I posted before and this one.

But as of yet, he is also not fully confirming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think Winnick's definitely writing Jason. It's anniversary time.
    Who else but the writer that pretty much defined him post-death, right?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Who else but the writer that pretty much defined him post-death, right?
    I'd argue that at this point is Lobdell the one who did that. Winnick set the foundations but it was Lobdell who ultimately succeeded.

Anyways, solicits are out. The untitled are back, retconning more from Tynion's run.

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #44
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art and cover by PAOLO PANTALENA
    variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    When tracking down an ancient evil that can hide in anyone, Red Hood and his Outlaws have to surreptitiously sniff out their enemy by similarly hiding in plain sight…Are you ready for the Outlaws to go undercover? The Untitled are unlike any foe they’ve ever faced, so if the Outlaws are going to win, they’re going to need to improvise!
    ON SALE 03.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

And the Unkillables #2 solicit confirms Jason teaming up with Cassandra.

DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by KARL MOSTERT and TREVOR SCOTT
    cover by HOWARD PORTER
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    horror movie homage card stock variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    With the world ending around them, Red Hood and Batgirl take shelter in the most unlikely place: an orphanage full of children! Will they be able to protect the kids from the impending hordes of the infected streaming out of Gotham City and Blüdhaven? And elsewhere, Deathstroke, Vandal Savage, and some of DC’s worst villains battle the apocalypse out as an “Anti-Suicide Squad.” But a certain wondrous woman may not let them have it their own way!
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    $4.99 US | 2 OF 3 | 48 PAGES
    CARD STOCK COVERS $5.99 US
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with three covers.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 12-13-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'd argue that at this point is Lobdell the one who did that. Winnick set the foundations but it was Lobdell who ultimately succeeded.

Anyways, solicits are out. The untitled are back, retconning more from Tynion's run.

written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    When tracking down an ancient evil that can hide in anyone, Red Hood and his Outlaws have to surreptitiously sniff out their enemy by similarly hiding in plain sight…Are you ready for the Outlaws to go undercover? The Untitled are unlike any foe they’ve ever faced, so if the Outlaws are going to win, they’re going to need to improvise!
    ON SALE 03.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC

written by TOM TAYLOR
    cover by HOWARD PORTER
    With the world ending around them, Red Hood and Batgirl take shelter in the most unlikely place: an orphanage full of children! Will they be able to protect the kids from the impending hordes of the infected streaming out of Gotham City and Blüdhaven? And elsewhere, Deathstroke, Vandal Savage, and some of DC’s worst villains battle the apocalypse out as an “Anti-Suicide Squad.” But a certain wondrous woman may not let them have it their own way!
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    FC | DC
    Okay, that makes sense for Jason and Cass. Not villains, but just so happen to be stuck with villains while looking out for a bunch of kids.

I get what you're saying, but it's not a matter of 'at this point' though, I'm not going by the amount, or variations of development. Lobdell has definitely given Jason the much needed development he needed, and further shaped his character, not arguing against that, I know, I agree.

It's why I said Winick 'defined' Jason. To define is to outline, to set the limit. Jason's character, his wit, his voice, his morality, his personality were all set by Winick. Lobdell has used those definitions to shape Jason even further, to some extent, redefined him, if you will. But when all is said and done, he wouldn't even be the character he is today and exist as he does without Winicks writing.

Winick pretty much created the adult version of Jason.

With all that said though, (assuming Winick is returning for Jason in this book) I honestly wonder how his Jason will feel now in comparison to Rebirth Jason. Jason now in some ways is just, so much more open than he was with Winick, much more open to other people, expressing emotions in a healthy way, expressing empathy. And in some ways, he is also more reserved now. Not quite as dramatic about getting his way, a little insecure and much more humbled by his past actions. Though, maybe the story he chooses to write will just be set around the UTRH era? *shrugs*.

EDIT: The solicit for that Robin anniversary names quite a few writers followed by 'and others'. I wonder if Lobdell will be part of those 'others'.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-13-2019 at 12:13 PM.

written by TOM TAYLOR
    cover by HOWARD PORTER
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    FC | DC
    Yay! but also, uh oh. Wasn't this the script that Tom Taylor described as 'so messed up'.

I'm not liking the odds for the fate of those orphans.

written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    ON SALE 03.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    Cool to see Pantalena still on the book, though with that solicit at first I thought it sounded kinda generic, but on further inspection...

Don't suppose this will have something to do with Essence like the cover on #43 implied? Maybe trapping her caused havoc with the Untitled.
    Also, is that why Isabel is on the cover of #43 reaching for the sword whilst Artemis and Biz hold Jason back? Is she going to be one of the first characters we see being controlled by, 'an ancient evil that can hide in anyone'.