Page 271 of 285 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Any specific books that come to mind?

I know its's not 1920s, but with that description you gave of swapping the helmet out for a domino mask and bandana on this blue 'jumpsuit' design, all that popped into my head was the Lone Ranger. XD

Yeah, not 20's but... something like that. It reminded me of some I've glanced through on the net, or the old pulps that my grandad had (and were either translations from 20's pulps, or at the time cheap national copies of those. Most were cowboy stories. He just loved them. They were popular in the 50's I think); or my granduncle's, when I was a little girl (he was more into general adventure). I can't give a name of any novel for saving my life, though.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    How fast you guys forget about RB Silva's take.

Oh my goodness!
    That's right! I truely forgot RB Silva's helmet.
    So it was Silva who first struck gold with that design.

Though I think this one has a more squared off edge rather than the sharp edge. (Unless any other contenders show up) Major props to Silva for the helmet and starting the distended and pointed mouth look. Thats a great design, the entire helmet is great, I love it. Just technically, so far I think Kirkham was still the first one that added that current and more sharp 'fang' look I was talking about, but the rest of the helmet definitely looks like Silva's doing. Like damn, even the double lining that goes through the whole thing is exactly as it is in Rebirth.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-14-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Yeah, the face one just never worked. But the UTRH one and the ones similar to it, do. Something to be said about simplicity, in other words; Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS)!

Oh, off topic, but kind of related and it may be interesting for someone here. The Internet Archive has a dedicated corner for pulp magazines. The Pulp Magazine Archive. Many of them are open to read without an ID (which is why someone like myself can access to them, despite not being an user of they librarian system). Just in case, be wary that some of those covers contain adult stuff, like nudes and the like.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    How fast you guys forget about RB Silva's take.

So now that we agree on which Red Hood mask looks the best but the next question is...
    Solid or fabric?
    Semi-transparent plastic or glass-like or non-transparent?
    Reflective or not?

Oh solid for sure, no question.

And I guess moreso plastic and fiber glass as opposed to just glass, although I can't say I have much of an idea of what materials would make for a strong helmet.

And I like it a bit reflective, but not too much. Similar to the video game red hood helmets of Arkham Knight and injustice 2. Or the shiny Dexter Soy Red Ronin designed helmets. Enough so that it has a nice sheen to it that light bounces from in a very defused way, but not enough to see a distinct clear reflection of yourself on the material.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-14-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So now that we agree on which Red Hood mask looks the best but the next question is...
    Solid or fabric?
    Semi-transparent plastic or glass-like or non-transparent?
    Reflective or not?
    Some parts, the ones that need to be more shielding and where articulations go, should be solid. Solid, but strong and lightweight.
    Some other parts, they need to be flexible. Maybe most of the cover for the face but parts like the forehead, the jaw and the nose.
    I think that it should be a bit shinny, but not too much. Like amber or resine.

Yep, solid is a must.

A fiber-glass/metal combination would be my guess (some give, but still sturdy like what's used in the military). Some reflection, obviously, but not to the point where it reflects light even in dark places (ambush is still a key tactic of Jason's).

I'm gonna add bulletproof now that I think about it.

That's also a must have for Jason.
    Fiberglass, steel, kevlar and certain plastics could work I think, and still be styled into a sweet helmet.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-14-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Also acid-proof. For Joker. Is it acid proof already? I only remember the acid being inside the helmet that one time, but what about the outside?

Crowbar-proof will be asking a lot... but I got this funny image of Joker trying to break it and it just goes CLANG CLANG CLANG and Jason just stands there nonchalantly

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    That's also a must have.
    Fiberglass, steel, kevlar and certain plastics could work I think, and still be styled into a sweet helmet.
    Mmm, I wouldn't add metal, mostly because the weight and heat tolerance. Polymers would be, for me.

Oh yeah, you're right about the metal

I mean can he get along mostly with Dick or others(expect Bats) Should he?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean can he get along mostly with Dick or others(expect Bats) Should he?
    Well, before the "Ric" fiasco, Jason and Dick were getting along fine. Rebirth Annual 1 actually had Dick appear in it to help the Outlaws.
    Babs and Kate, Jason is on good terms with. Tim, hard to say. The two haven't interacted for some time now. Notably since Superman Reborn (which did reset a number of things throughout the comics).