Page 272 of 285 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim, hard to say. The two haven't interacted for some time now. Notably since Superman Reborn (which did reset a number of things throughout the comics).
    I think they met the last time during "A Lonley day of Living".
    There is at least no reason why they should be on bad terms now.

In the new talent showcase from 2017 he was also on good terms with Selina and Duke.

Was just looking over the 80th Robin anniversary book solicitations again and looks like Carrie is also part of the line-up (the previous solicitation didn't mention her).

I was 50/50 before, but now I'm fairly sure that the 80s variant cover by FRANK MILLER will be one for Carrie.
    Which could possibly mean that Jason isn't getting his own cover, assuming the covers are meant to depict Robins by their decade.

I didn't see their names in the line up, but I'm kinda feeling nostalgic for Mahnke and Haun's work now.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Was just looking over the 80th Robin anniversary book solicitations again and looks like Carrie is also part of the line-up (the previous solicitation didn't mention her).

I was 50/50 before, but now I'm fairly sure that the 80s variant cover by FRANK MILLER will be one for Carrie.
    Which could possibly mean that Jason isn't getting his own cover, assuming the covers are meant to depict Robins by their decade.

I didn't see their names in the line up, but I'm kinda feeling nostalgic for Mahnke and Haun's work now.
    I have to admit that I didn't notice Carrie.
    That's why I thought that the 80s variant cover would be Jason - and was confused that Frank Miller is the artist.
    Frank Miller is known for Carrie. I don't think he's ever drawn main continuity Robin Jason or Red Hood Jason.
    So yes, I agree. Frank Miller will probably draw a variant with Carrie.
    Which also leads to the conclusion that there won't be a Jason variant. At least not among the decade variants.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There could be a group shot

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There could be a group shot
    That's something I would have liked for the main cover.

Scott Cohn (colored version)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean can he get along mostly with Dick or others(expect Bats) Should he?
    His relationships with the Batfamily seem to range from civil to decent, or sometimes even friendly. I'm only going from New52 onwards, and based on the adult (Red Hood) version of Jason.

Overall, he can get along fine with Dick, at first they were simply civil enough and kept each other at arms length but ultimately as time went on, it showed that they can work well together and can have friendly interactions that sometimes border on playful. They seem to have a bit of an understanding of one another.

He can also get along with Babs as well, and although Babs was more hostile towards to him at the start of new52, they were able to bond in later years, with Jason providing emotional support to Babs during their times together, and they had found some semblance of camaraderie. On rare occasions she has reached out to Jason (via phone) for either help or to help him. However, they don't actively converse or work together. Not since Batman Eternal.

Jason has also bonded somewhat with Tim, in fact (besides Alfred or Bruce) Tim was the first batfam member in New52 that seemed to have began a civil relationship with Jason and had extended an olive branch to him. If my memory serves me well, I think he was also the first member of the family that was shown to work with Jason one on one, even if it was only for intel. Moving beyond that, in the field they seem to work well together and have enough trust in one another, and at times even give each other emotional support. But sometimes there's also a small touch of hostility with their interactions, not something that reduces their ability to work together though, I think it's more hostility that comes from a sense of familiarity. Though personally I have trouble distinguishing whether it is meant to depict 'brotherly/sibling-like hostility' you know, like a sense of family annoyance, or more so that Tim doesn't actually enjoy working alongside Jason, but just does so for the sake of the mission.

Jason and Kate's relationship has ranged from being kinda civil early on, but she was still dismissive of him during their time in Batman Eternal when they had to work together. Then she was downright antagonistic in Rhato Rebirth #15 when she preemptively suspected him of wrongdoing. And then in Red Hood Outlaw #29, they were forced to work together again and did so with much less hostility. She actually apologized for her previous mistake (a rarity in batfam comics these days ) and they kinda got along just fine after woulds. For such a quickly up and down duo they ended up working quite well together and maintained a civil back and forth interaction, even giving some emotional support to one another.

With Jason and Damian, their relationship has been somewhat difficult. At times they can be fairly civil and work together for the sake of the mission, especially when the family is grouped together, but often Damian is either dismissive of Jason, similar to how Kate and Babs initially were, or he is hostile. When the hostilities drop they have actually proven to work well together, and make for a good team, such as in Batman Inc when they were disguised as Wingman and RedBird, until Damian found out Jason was Wingman, and he once again became hostile. There's seems to be a pattern emerging with their interactions. I think as he does with most of the batfam members, Jason seems willing to have a civil and even perhaps friendly relationship with Damian, but almost every time it seems their relationship may progress or become more than just a civil or 'work' interaction, Damian immediately pushes Jason away and shows some form of hostility once again.

Jason seems to get along decently with Duke and for a small period of time, has even mentored him, they have a back and forth that is filled with quips and light jabs.

Jason also seems to get along just fine with Selina, they don't speak to each other much, but they seem to be on relatively good terms.

Although Cass and Jason started off almost killing each other in Batman and Robin Eternal due to a misunderstanding, they haven't really interacted since. They don't seem to have any sort of relationship.

Same goes for Steph, who only ever had a small argument with Jason once and then didn't really interact with him again.

Jason seems to be on friendly terms with Alfred. They don't get too many on screen interactions, but what few they do get either show and/or insinuate that Jason and Alfred visit each other often, even outside of vigilante business. They are usually seen showing each other emotional support, well more so Alfred than Jason. And Alfred seems to be the person Jason unloads some of his issues onto when he needs someone to listen.

As far as the New52/Rebirth and on wards goes, usually Jason is willing to co-operate and work alongside the batfam, and although most of the family are understandably wary of working with him at first, as time goes on and as long as they allow room for a bit of trust, they end up working well together, and can maintain friendly enough relations. However, despite all the friendly interactions I don't think, besides maybe Alfred, Jason really has anyone in the family that he trusts like an actual 'friend' or that he would ever actively spend quality time with outside of vigilante work.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-15-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Oh I have another question in regards to Jasons helmets.

Voice modifier or no voice modifier? Or both?

I use to like it with none but I've really come around to the slight computerized vocals. I think I also like having the best of both worlds and the idea that it can be turned on and off.

For audio comparisons, the Under The Red Hood animated film and also the Arkham Knight version of Red Hood had none if I recall.

And three distinct audio examples that I can think of where Jason definitely had the voice modifier are:

First the Arkham Knight version. I like it all round, it can sound intimidating, inhuman, and is fine for those grand monologues and growled threats. Basically fine for the purpose it served, but as a regular part of Jasons helmet, it is however a touch too garbled for my liking. It sounds like it would be difficult to hold a regular conversation with.

Next example was the Injustice 2 video game Red Hood, again, I liked it, but imo I think it was a bit too faint and subtle to make a difference or any real impact. I had to rewatch some Red Hood intros just to recall whether or not it was even there.

Final example, and possibly my favorite of the three, just because I think its a medium that maintains some balance between the other two examples of being more clearly and distinctly computerized to give that intimidation factor whilst also not sounding quite as distorted or garbled. Can't believe I'm saying it but, I think, Lego Batman: Family Matters Red Hood had the better balance.

Also just to note, I only didn't count any lego based video games Red Hood featured in just because there's not enough audio voice examples there outside of a few lines.

What do you guys think? What do you prefer for the helmet? And if you are pro-voice modifier, are there examples of voice modifiers that you would prefer outside of the ones I mentioned?
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.

I wouldn't even call Alfred a friend to Jason since Alfred stood by and never said peep when Bruce beat Jason to a pulp and dragged him across Gotham.

He didn't voice any concerns when Bruce left Jason out of the family portrait.

Alfred isn't anyone but Bruce's pal. Maybe Dick's.

The Batfamily get along as co-workers at best not really a family with some who can't stand others [Damian loathes Jason and Jason tried to corrupt Damian encouraging him to steal from Bruce]

Individual sections relate but calling them family is a Joke.

Sections are
    Tim, Cass, Steph, Duke

Bruce, Dick, Damian, Babs, Alfred

Jason and Kate float while Alfred relates to everyone but only cares for Bruce and Dick. Damian too I guess since he's at times shown to call Bruce out regarding him.

I can't believe they're not going to give Jason a variant. Personally, I don't care, but, huh. There's a lot of people out there that would purchase that one. It's a weird choice.

Unless these covers only depict a generic, timeless Robin. Or a group shot, like you guys said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I can't believe they're not going to give Jason a variant. Personally, I don't care, but, huh. There's a lot of people out there that would purchase that one. It's a weird choice.

Unless these covers only depict a generic, timeless Robin. Or a group shot, like you guys said.
    Maybe there'll be other covers.
    I'm sure there'll be at least some shop exclusive ones. But that's not really an option for me.

Do we already know the artist of Judd Winick's story?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What do you guys think? What do you prefer for the helmet? And if you are pro-voice modifier, are there examples of voice modifiers that you would prefer outside of the ones I mentioned?
    Usually, I would but since pretty much everyone knows that Red Hood is Jason Todd from Batman villains to international agencies hunting him, there's no point to it... unless that part has been retconned... but even when they don't know he's real name they know his face.

Jason can be quippy so I don't know if intimidating voice modulator fits. Maybe just a different voice but still sounding like a 20 year old man

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Usually, I would but since pretty much everyone knows that Red Hood is Jason Todd from Batman villains to international agencies hunting him, there's no point to it... unless that part has been retconned... but even when they don't know he's real name they know his face.

Jason can be quippy so I don't know if intimidating voice modulator fits. Maybe just a different voice but still sounding like a 20 year old man
    I didn't even know that this was canon at some point.
    The last story arc at least clearly showed that Penguin didn't know that Jason Todd and Red Hood are the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The Batfamily get along as co-workers at best not really a family with some who can't stand others [Damian loathes Jason and Jason tried to corrupt Damian encouraging him to steal from Bruce]
    Damian doesn't loathe him, he would never work alongside him if he did. Damian just doesn't fully trust Jason is all, he works with him at times but is often suspicious of Jasons actions and his intentions. The distrust often ends up stunting development between them and the potential to grow beyond a work relationship. I personally think a good story and a situation where they are forced to work together and help one another to survive would help to bridge the gap between them.

Also what? Corrupt Damian? Encouraging him to steal from Bruce? Damian had already stolen the base from Bruce himself and justified it with the fact that it would be his one day anyway, and when Jason said that that may be considered stealing, he said he didn't care. Jason didn't take any issue with how Damian was doing things, they were working to capture the Other, but he didn't corrupt him to steal. Damian had already stolen it himself, he made his own choices.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-15-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Oh I have another question in regards to Jasons helmets.

Voice modifier or no voice modifier? Or both?

(...)

I like both, an on and off option is ideal for me. I liked the modulator in Arkham Knight, but something that just adds some statics to his voice, like what the MC in The Mandalorian has, could be nice. Something to add some texture to the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Maybe there'll be other covers.
    I'm sure there'll be at least some shop exclusive ones. But that's not really an option for me.

Do we already know the artist of Judd Winick's story?
    Not to my knowledge, we don't.