Page 275 of 285 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wizard Jason. You know what immediately came to mind? "Abra ka-f*** you!"

Something which Jason would most definitely say to the likes of Dumbledore, Umbridge, Voldemort, and just about anyone else that would try to control/manipulate him. Which, come to think of it, is a lot in Harry Potter (hindsight being 20/20)...
    Huh. I'm of the opinion that Jason doesn't swear. He can be very defiant and offensive and defiant without using that sort of words.
    A character I can see swearing just fine? Bucky in Marvel, for example, who, I think maybe, has actually said the F word once or twice in panel. Kaine Parker too. But for whatever reason, I picture Jason just being really polite when choosing his words for swearing, most of the time at least.

Which means that most of the fanfics don't get the voice I picture for him in my head.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-16-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Fanfic tends to use an image they already have then applied it to the character. Jason has a bad boy image so some authors use what bad boy supposed to be and apply it to him.

I remember before Tomasi/Gleason draw what his room looks like, people like to imagine Jason's room is messy, but nope, his rooms are neat. It's Tim and Dick, the good boys who are messy.

Then there's the poor street kids image combined with bad-boy image, people think he doesn't like school, but nope, he loves to read, loves to go to school (especially since he didn't have a chance as a poor kid).

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Fanfic tends to use an image they already have then applied it to the character. Jason has a bad boy image so some authors use what bad boy supposed to be and apply it to him.

I remember before Tomasi/Gleason draw what his room looks like, people like to imagine Jason's room is messy, but nope, his rooms are neat. It's Tim and Dick, the good boys who are messy.

Then there's the poor street kids image combined with bad-boy image, people think he doesn't like school, but nope, he loves to read, loves to go to school (especially since he didn't have a chance as a poor kid).
    I've seen fanfics go both ways on the rooms, with some even having him as a minimalist.
    As for the bad-boy image, I've seen it combined with the book/school nerd quite a bit. Well, not really the bad boy thing, so much as he likes to wear a leather jacket a lot and people in the fanfics take him for a "bad-boy" on first impression.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That is why it was hilarious that Jason can't hold his liquor in canon, while nearly every fan depicts him drinking beer by the gallon.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Jason Fabok

Joker from 2016. It was the teaser for Three Jokers. I've changed alot over these years and have changed how I approach the Joker. This image was based off of the Joker logo scene on the TV in Batman 1989.
    As for Three Jokers news, we are figuring out release dates right now. We will know soon!

#batman #joker #threejokers #dccomics

Finally! It's taking forever to come out.

Have you guys heard about the 5G rumors? What do you think it could mean for Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That is why it was hilarious that Jason can't hold his liquor in canon, while nearly every fan depicts him drinking beer by the gallon.
    This is changing slowly but steadily, I guess, because it's funny that he just can't hold, and that gives the chance for writing some funny gags. Also, it makes sense to some degree if the pit healed him; drink tolerance has to do with how your body has grown to manage those toxic chemichals (and a genetic profile too: some people can't just tolerate at all, not even when they grow old and are used to it),

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Finally! It's taking forever to come out.

Have you guys heard about the 5G rumors? What do you think it could mean for Jason?
    What rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    What rumours?
    All the big names are being replaced, with Jon Kent taking over Supe's place for example.

All the big names are being replaced, with Jon Kent taking over Supe's place for example.
    Oh, but those are old. I thought it was something new, more recent.

Well, I don't think it's going to affect Jason. In fact, I think we're going to still have a regular Bruce Batman book sideways, in continuity, alongside a few other books, like Rhato (if isn't canned by then), Batgirl, JY, TT, etc.

If 5G is a timeskip (seems likely - Jon's meant to be an adult), then the entire line would be affected. Young Justice would almost certainly go with a new generation like the show did. Red Hood could just continue - Jason would just be older. Batgirl could be handed back to one of Barbara's pre-Flashpoint successors (both Cassandra and Stephanie are a lot younger than Babs, especially since she was aged up to late twenties recently).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Oh, but those are old. I thought it was something new, more recent.

Well, I don't think it's going to affect Jason. In fact, I think we're going to still have a regular Bruce Batman book sideways, in continuity, alongside a few other books, like Rhato (if isn't canned by then), Batgirl, JY, TT, etc.
    Bruce and the rest are going to be Black Label only.

What 5G means for series like RHatO, hasn't really been expanded on though.

Bruce and the rest are going to be Black Label only.

What 5G means for series like RHatO, hasn't really been expanded on though.
    Being Black Label doesn't mean it not being "in cont". Just that it's going to be mature targeted. Which makes sense business wise. Fans from a lifetime and general audience are mature and going to look for the Batman they know. In fact, I'm expecting that line's books to sell more than the regular DCU one.

This is a business. They're not going to put their flag characters, who give them most profit, in a box. They're just going to try new characters and ideas using the mainline like a showcase. I expect them to try the graphic novel format more often too, because that's where more sales from the adult readers in bookstores are going to come steadily. Or at least, that's what I think.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-16-2019 at 07:57 PM.

I honestly have to wonder how a team up with Bruce and Jason would be if he had to work with Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I honestly have to wonder how a team up with Bruce and Jason would be if he had to work with Bruce.
    Right now? Not well. At all. Jason is even technically on Lex's side (though only to look after the group of kids, otherwise he's not really on anyone's side it seems). It would take an awful lot to get them to be around one another without going at it. Kind of makes me wonder how/when 3 Jokers is supposed to take place (if it ever comes out).