Page 281 of 285 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4267

Here's to the soon-to-be reunion of the Outlaws!

inkydandy

Happy holidays everyone!
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

New Year is getting closer and we all know what this means: A new Jason Todd appreciation thread .
    Any suggestions what we should do differently compared to this year?
    Otherwise I'll probably just copy the original post of this thread with some slight changes (adding some interview links, putting some stuff in a second post, updating some information etc.)
    I'll copy some other posts too like the sales statistics and character information - in general posts that need to be updated sometimes (I can't edit posts in closed threads).

glitter_dc (age-reversed Robins)

@Sergard, do you need me to copy my fic posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    @Sergard, do you need me to copy my fic posts?
    I don't think that's necessary.
    I'll copy the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    (The OP was too long. So I outsourced the fanfic recommendations.)

Some great fanfic authors

List of recommended fanfic authors
    List of recommended fanfics of the genres/about the topic:

source: FADE (art by JJMK)

I don't think that's necessary.
    I'll copy the post below.
    Allright then

Hmm, I can't think of any changes that need to be made to the information on the thread intro, it's usually quite up to date.

Maybe a new cover image? Just to keep it fresh?

I would like to hear suggestions if anyone has any art in mind from a dc artist or fan artist.

For me, I have to go with Yasmine Putri's covers. There's so many great ones to choose from, but I especially love this one from issue 26, it's gorgeous.

All of Putri's covers are beautiful, I also like her covers for Red Hood, 27, 28 and 36, but this particular cover from 26 more or less has Jasons classic/iconic costume, whereas the others have the new costume featured, and I know Jason's new costume is a little more divisive among fans. Plus there's no telling whether or not he will even keep the new costume till the end of the year, so yeah. Or, the cover image for the thread could be from another beloved artist, Dexter Soy. Again, so many images to choose from there...
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-26-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Hmm, I can't think of any changes that need to be made to the information on the thread intro, it's usually quite up to date.

Maybe a new cover image? Just to keep it fresh?

I would like to hear suggestions if anyone has any art in mind from a dc artist or fan artist.

For me, I have to go with Yasmine Putri's covers. There's so many great ones to choose from, but I especially love this one from issue 26, it's gorgeous.

All of Putri's covers are beautiful, I also like her covers for Red Hood, 27, 28 and 36, but this particular cover from 26 more or less has Jasons classic/iconic costume, whereas the others have the new costume featured, and I know Jason's new costume is a little more divisive among fans. Plus there's no telling whether or not he will even keep the new costume till the end of the year, so yeah. Or, the cover image for the thread could be from another beloved artist, Dexter Soy. Again, so many images to choose from there...

Cool idea. And since I'll separate the original post into two posts, there'll be place for six images.
    I'd like to keep the JJMK fanart but it doesn't have to be the first image. I'd also like to keep the Three Jokers design.
    But since Jason's solo run is over, I won't reuse Woods' artwork (although it's still one of my favorite panels).
    I've thought about using the RH:O #41 cover too since it shows Jason's "Outlaw family".

I'll probably also add images to the other posts about different characters like the Todd and batfamily. There I could, for example, use the RH:O #28 variant with Jason and Kate.
    And for a Dexter Soy artwork, how about this one:

Cool idea. And since I'll separate the original post into two posts, there'll be place for six images.
    I'd like to keep the JJMK fanart but it doesn't have to be the first image. I'd also like to keep the Three Jokers design.
    But since Jason's solo run is over, I won't reuse Woods' artwork (although it's still one of my favorite panels).
    I've thought about using the RH:O #41 cover too since it shows Jason's "Outlaw family".

I'll probably also add images to the other posts about different characters like the Todd and batfamily. There I could, for example, use the RH:O #28 variant with Jason and Kate.
    And for a Dexter Soy artwork, how about this one:

I approve

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Here's to the soon-to-be reunion of the Outlaws!

frigging kawaii. What the frick frack.

@Zaresh: Can your introduction text stay that way or do you want to change/add something?

"I'm my own man! Me, Jason Todd!"

(Batman #408)

(source)

Jason Peter Todd, born and risen in Lady City of Gotham's crudest part that came to become the second Robin, the Red Hood and the Wingman; the Arkham Knight of a different, grimmer universe; The Damned Prince of Gotham who suffered and died by the hand of the Clown Prince of Crime. But the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave.

Vigilante, avenger: he fights for fairness, for setting the wrong right and for defending and protecting those who cannot fend themselves, and he will do so crossing lines into dark areas or delivering a brutal brand of justice. A daring and sassy adventurer who has traveled not only this world and the space, but other universes. A flawed man who fights not only the monsters out but also inside, who fears the ghosts of memories and suffers from them and despite that will fight back with determination. A man who can despise himself as much as he despises others; Who makes mistakes but also rights; Who can love as much as long for being loved, and hate as much as he loves. Who can lose himself in anger as well as in loneliness.

Jason Peter Todd is a complex character, product of a complex editorial history. This is his appreciation thread and this is how we come to appreciate and ramble about him.

[...]

@Zaresh: Can your introduction text stay that way or do you want to change/add something?
    It can stay as it is now. I don't think I've found anything to change .

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It can stay as it is now. I don't think I've found anything to change .
    Good.
    But could you maybe rephrase "But the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave." a little?
    I sometimes have the problem, when reading the introduction, that I "stumble" over those words. It doesn't feel like a whole sentence. Maybe we could delete the "and who"?

Good.
    But could you maybe rephrase "But the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave." a little?
    I sometimes have the problem, when reading the introduction, that I "stumble" over those words. It doesn't feel like a whole sentence. Maybe we could delete the "and who"?
    Let's see:

But also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest, and the one who made his way back from the grave.

Or.

But also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest, and made his way back from the grave.

I remember writing this almost* on the fly, so I probably skipped a few words. I haven't noticed until you've pointed out to it, to be honest. Says much of the importance of being proofread by others :3.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-26-2019 at 04:01 PM.