Page 282 of 285 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Let's see:

But also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest, and the one who made his way back from the grave.

Or.

But also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest, and made his way back from the grave.

I remember writing this almost* on the fly, so I probably skipped a few words. I haven't noticed until you've pointed out to it, to be honest. Says much of the importance of being proofread by others :3.
    I think I get it now. The punctuation has confused me. The period makes it look like the first part is completed thematically. But the whole first paragraph is an enumeration.
    How do you feel about exchanging the period with a dash?

"Jason Peter Todd, born and risen in Lady City of Gotham's crudest part that* came to become the second Robin, the Red Hood and the Wingman; the Arkham Knight of a different, grimmer universe; The Damned Prince of Gotham who suffered and died by the hand of the Clown Prince of Crime - but also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave."

*Can one use "that" when it refers to a name? "Jason Peter Todd that came to become ..." sounds a little strange.
    On the other hand "that" is not even necessary in that sentence. We could leave it out and maybe use a comma instead - but that's just my personal punctuation preference. I love using commas everywhere, except in English because I don't understand English comma rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I think I get it now. The punctuation has confused me. The period makes it look like the first part is completed thematically. But the whole first paragraph is an enumeration.
    How do you feel about exchanging the period with a dash?

"Jason Peter Todd, born and risen in Lady City of Gotham's crudest part that* came to become the second Robin, the Red Hood and the Wingman; the Arkham Knight of a different, grimmer universe; The Damned Prince of Gotham who suffered and died by the hand of the Clown Prince of Crime - but also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave."

*Can one use "that" when it refers to a name? "Jason Peter Todd that came to become ..." sounds a little strange.
    On the other hand "that" is not even necessary in that sentence. We could leave it out and maybe use a comma instead - but that's just my personal punctuation preference. I love using commas everywhere, except in English because I don't understand English comma rules.
    I keep mixing Spanish and English punctuation rules (they work very differently), so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. A dash seems to fit there fine.

I'm not sure that sentence can work without a subject for similar reasons; in Spanish, you need to point who exactly "came to become (etc)." It's tricky, and it all keeps leaking to my English. If you feel it sounds better the way you just wrote (without "that", or even "who"), go for it: I trust you .

Edit: "[...], the man that came to..." <- maybe? Or "[...], who came to..."

I noticed that putting a comma there could be a good idea, too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-26-2019 at 05:57 PM.

I keep mixing Spanish and English punctuation rules (they work very differently), so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. A dash seems to fit there fine.

I'm not sure that sentence can work without a subject for similar reasons; in Spanish, you need to point who exactly "came to become (etc)." It's tricky, and it all keeps leaking to my English. If you feel it sounds better the way you just wrote (without "that", or even "who"), go for it: I trust you .

Edit: "[...], the man that came to..." <- maybe? Or "[...], who came to..."

I noticed that putting a comma there could be a good idea, too.
    But isn't "Jason Peter Todd" the subject? Jason Peter Todd came to become the second Robin, etc.
    Well, I don't trust myself. My English isn't that good - just good enough to be constantly confused about English grammar rules.
    Let's wait for a third opinion.

In the meanwhile I'll be looking for links to old interviews about Jason Todd/Red Hood. I think there have been a few in the last two years.
    I'll also have to update some character information. The Willis Todd/Solitary stuff will be a little tricky to explain.

ichijiku

yopi

Prince of Gotham

Man, I hope we get to see that suit again, and I don't care if it's without that mask, or if it is gray and not green. That suit was smart and sleek.

Fun fact: Comparison of "The Kiss" from RHatO #25 and RH:O #41 reveals that David Messina changed the placement of Artemis' left hand.
    I personally prefer the original version. It's such a sweet dynamic that they save each other/keep each other from falling or getting hurt.
    But Messina's version isn't that bad either. It's just more focused on the romantic aspect.

RHatO #25 by Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini

RH:O #41 by David Messina and Rex Lokus

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Fun fact: Comparison of "The Kiss" from RHatO #25 and RH:O #41 reveals that David Messina changed the placement of Artemis' left hand.
    I personally prefer the original version. It's such a sweet dynamic that they save each other/keep each other from falling or getting hurt.
    But Messina's version isn't that bad either. It's just more focused on the romantic aspect.

RHatO #25 by Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini

RH:O #41 by David Messina and Rex Lokus

Heh, that's funny.

I have updated the interview list. I'm surprised that there have been so many interviews in the past years.
    Has anybody anything to add?

Interviews

2016-02-10 NEAL ADAMS MONTH: What’s Red and Black and Green All Over?
    2016-06-07 Frank Miller and John Romita Jr. Discuss the Death of Jason Todd in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - The Last Crusade
    2016-06-15 MILLER & ROMITA Flashback To JASON TODD's Death in DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE LAST CRUSADE
    2016-07-27 REBIRTH's RED HOOD & OUTLAWS Puts Jason Todd In 'Dark Trinity,' Streamlines Origin with Scott Lobdell (please delete the blank space before "streamlines" in order to use the link)
    2016-08-08 RED HOOD Introduces New REBIRTH Take on Classic Superman Foe BIZARRO with Scott Lobdell
    2016-08-09 Former Robin Teams Up With Bizarro and an Amazon with Scott Lobdell
    2016-08-09 Exclusive: Scott Lobdell Discusses A New Era for ‘Red Hood and the Outlaws’
    2016-08-10 Scott Lobdell Teases Heated Friction In 'Red Hood: Rebirth'
    2016-08-23 What Does a Letterer Do? My interview with Red Hood’s Taylor Esposito

2017-04-13 Down and Nerdy Podcast - Episode 158 - An Interview with Scott Lobdell from DC Comics' Red Hood And The Outlaws (relevant information for RHatO)
    2017-12-21 His name is not Stupido – Scott Lobdell on RHATO, Rebirth, and reductionist criticism

2018-01-24 Making a Figure: IKEMEN Red Hood!
    2018-08-01 DC Nation #3 - How to ... redesign a character about Pete Woods' Red Hood redesign process
    2018-08-14 Red Hood And The Outlaws Artist Dexter Soy Talks Comics, Collaboration And Rooftop Fights
    2018-09-24 Pete Woods: Going Under the Hood
    2018-10-03 DC Nation #5 - Into the Red with Scott Lobdell
    2018-11-14 Stan Lee Remembrances, Disney+ Streaming Service and Titans’ Curran Walters Interview- Heroes

2019-01-09 Scott Lobdell Interview | Inside The Mind Of Red Hood And The Outlaws Writer.
    2019-07-25 A Hero Story Special ep57: Scott Lobdell (short summary)
    2019-11-11 Behind the Red Hood with Paul Levitz, Bob Schreck, Judd Winick, and Doug Mahnke (copy)

mentions

2015-02-02 Interview: Ron Marz and Denys Cowan Discuss CONVERGENCE BATMAN AND ROBIN

2016-04-05 Romita on Making Batman His Own in Snyder's "All Star Batman," Miller's "Dark Knight" Prequel

2017-06-28 SonicFox Talks Meta and EVO 2017

2018-03-20 Comic Book Conversations #7: Taylor Esposito
    2018-10-02 Behind The Panel Inside The Mind Of A Comic Book Artist with Dexter Soy
    2018-10-23 The JOKER (The Real One) Returns in This Week's BATMAN BEYOND #25 with Dan Jurgens
    2018-11-29 White Knight: Gordon Murphy Plans to Explore Jason Todd & Batman Beyond (video)

"I would love to get to Jason Todd. One of the happy accidents of Volume 1 was I switched the order of the Robins so that Jason Todd was not killed, he just left," said Murphy. "I, sort of, wanted to touch on that. I'm not sure if I'm gonna fit that in Volume 2, maybe at the end. But if I ever get to do a third volume, maybe I'll tackle the Jason Todd thing."
    2019-11-13 Brian Michael Bendis Talks Event Leviathan's Big Reveal and Future

You were mentioning fallout and you had planted a lot of red herrings in this story with Jason Todd, Kate Spencer and Talia al Ghul. Are we going to see fallout with them?

Yep! Yeah, any character that was touched by this story, there's going to be fallout from. This mystery is solved but, past the mystery, a lot has happened. They were semi-successful in their quest that Leviathan has arrived and is now a power in the DC Universe and that comes with a major shift in how everyone's doing business; so that's number one.

Everyone also has to deal with the fact that Leviathan set some of them up, like, why does the Red Hood get set up for **** like this? And that does eat at the character but also lets the character know "You have a job here. You have to take care of Leviathan because they are coming after you and they've made that very clear and they're doing the opposite of what you want in the world."

As far as Jason goes, I will say I did the most research of all the characters on Jason because I wanted the red herring to be honest and, at the same time, respectful to the character and have the character walk away as almost one of the big heroes of the story. If you really look at it, he kind of walks away the most unscathed and it certainly points Jason in the direction of what he has to do next.
    2019-11-14 EXCLUSIVE: Bendis & Maleev’s Leviathan Dawn Will Change the DC Universe

You had mentioned Batgirl, and there was Jason Todd. So are we going to revisit them in Leviathan Dawn?

Yes, 100%. This hit everybody on different levels. Some it hit very personally, some it hit thematically, like, Leviathan was against their principals on every level that something has to be done and a lot of people feel like Leviathan happened on their watch, like, "We're supposed to be watching for this and it literally happened right from under us."

I think I'll just ignore Bendis' "canon" from now on. He ignores everyone else's anyway.

Nothing that I can remember right off the bat, @Sergard.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think I'll just ignore Bendis' "canon" from now on. He ignores everyone else's anyway.
    Usually, a wise thing to do.
    This time at least he kind of did something enjoyable with Jason. Was respectful, even. Ask any Hawkeye fan what he can do.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-27-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Nothing that I can remember right off the bat, @Sergard.

Edit:

Usually, a wise thing to do.
    This time at least he kind of did something enjoyable with Jason. Was respectful, even. Ask any Hawkeye fan what he can do.
    True, he didn't make Jason a chump. But otherwise, Jason being there, when he was in Gotham in his own book, was more than jarring. Among other things.

Plus, I shudder to think of Jason being stuck with Bendis speak and being used outside of action scenes.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Man, DC Direct collectibles have some pretty crappy quality. I have my Red Hood statue on a shelf over my bed and today it fell from it and a piece of his ankle just straight-up broke. Thankfully, I could fix it with superglue and is barely noticeable, but still, the damn thing is $70.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Man, DC Direct collectibles have some pretty crappy quality. I have my Red Hood statue on a shelf over my bed and today it fell from it and a piece of his ankle just straight-up broke. Thankfully, I could fix it with superglue and is barely noticeable, but still, the damn thing is $70.
    Well, your Jason is in good company.
    But I know the problem. I once had a figure that got immediately stuck on its base. When I tried to pull it out, a part of the foot, actually of the sandal, broke off.

legends #5 Robin Jason Todd broken leg.jpg

chingsty

woohoo-jayjay