Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285
Results 4,261 to 4,267 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

@jasontidds

#Hello2020
    For a better year of mice and new decade!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

BottomJay... JasonTidds... these fans are thirsty

The final question in these final hours... do you prefer Jason as a close member of the Batfam with regular access to Batcave or distant ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

The final question in these final hours... do you prefer Jason as a close member of the Batfam with regular access to Batcave or distant ally?
    Actual core member but with the outsider's / a farther perspective?
    Edit: you know, like that uncle / brother / cousin you have that show ups just when something really important happens but otherwise is always somewhere else, and has some disagreements with most of the family but still is supportive and helps when they're in dire straits*. Or sometimes calls you when he comes back from a year-long trip and wants to have a coffee with you, talk about the family, etc. And you love him dear, and he loves you dearer, but you just don't see a lot of each other regularly because... different life styles and opinions and stuff.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-31-2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: damn my phonetics

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    As long as I get some awesome fanarts, fans can be as thirsty as they want.

Jason is old enough to start his own family - and he already did with the Outlaws.
    I prefer Artemis, Bizarro, the Generation Outlaw kids, Ma Gunn and Willis (when they finally reveal themselves) as Jason's main family. I also count close allies like the Su sisters and Crux as Jason's family.
    These are the people Jason lives with and who he cares about. Jason is happy around them.

I can't remember the last time that Jason was truly happy around the batfamily.
    The batfamily is too dysfunctional and too unsafe. You only need a writer like Morrison or King who have their main characters they want to push - and every other character could potentially be thrown under the bus. There is also too much favoritism within the batfamily. There was a whole ridiculous trial for Batwoman - and Batwoman wasn't even invited. Why was there never a trial for Batman himself or someone else in the batfamily? I can't remember that there was for example ever a trial for Damian or that Dick stated the opinion that Damian needs to face some consequences for his actions and can't be Robin anymore.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-31-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

Jason is old enough to start his own family - and he already did with the Outlaws.
    I prefer Artemis, Bizarro, the Generation Outlaw kids, Ma Gunn and Willis (when they finally reveal themselves) as Jason's main family. I also count close allies like the Su sisters and Crux as Jason's family.
    These are the people Jason lives with and who he cares about. Jason is happy around them.

The batfamily is too dysfunctional and too unsafe. You only need a writer like Morrison or King who have their main characters they want to push - and every other character can be potentially thrown under the bus. There is also too much favoritism within the batfamily. There was a whole ridiculous trial for Batwoman - and Batwoman wasn't even invited. Why was there never a trial for Batman himself or someone else in the batfamily? I can't remember that there was for example ever a trial for Damian or that Dick stated the opinion that Damian needs to face some consequences for his actions and can't be Robin anymore.
    Good point. But still, I enjoy when he shows up to help, and when they do show up to help him. Families are complicated. I like how his relationship with Tim has evolved, because it's very, very complicated and has a lot of potential, for example. I would like to see how his relationship with Damian or Kate would evolve, given the chance, again, because I see a lot of potential stories that could unravel from there. And Dick, too, after this Ric mess, could bring an interesting story for Jason (or vice versa), if the right writer were given that freedom, I think.

But yeah, you're right that there're clearly favourites: the ones the fans demand, the ones who sell. And editorial is going to ask for certain kind of stories... and not care for what they do with certain characters. And then you have writers that don't care about characters at all and bend then to fit the stories they want to tell no matter what.

This is why I think this new notion of divergent earths could help with this sort of things. You want to write redhead villanious Jason? go for this pre-FP world. You want to write Dick and Bruce as they where pre-COIE? Go with 1985. You want ansgty angry Supes? Go with 52. The actual first idea of 52 worlds could've been like this, I think; but it limited a lot how characters, world mechanics and backgrounds were/are for each earth of the Orrery. I think it's why we didn't get a lot of stories from these in the end. Now they would be all cannon, as much as, say, The Killing Joke. And they can sell as much; I mean, TDKR is a best seller and it's not the main DCU.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-31-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: addendum

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Actual core member but with the outsider's / a farther perspective?
    Edit: you know, like that uncle/brother/cousin you have that show ups just when something really important happens but otherwise is always somewhere else, and has some disagreements with most of the family but still is supportive and helps when they're in dire strides. Or sometimes calls you when he comes back from a year-long trip and wants to have a coffee with you, talk about the family, etc. And you love him dearly, and he loves you dearer, but you just don't see a lot of each other regularly because... different lifestyles and opinions and stuff.
    lol that friend with the key that strolls into your home when you're away, raids the fridge, watches tv until you come home, asks for gossip and then leaves. I super can see him doing that to Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

The batfamily is too dysfunctional and too unsafe. You only need a writer like Morrison or King who have their main characters they want to push - and every other character could potentially be thrown under the bus. There is also too much favoritism within the batfamily. There was a whole ridiculous trial for Batwoman - and Batwoman wasn't even invited. Why was there never a trial for Batman himself or someone else in the batfamily? I can't remember that there was for example ever a trial for Damian or that Dick stated the opinion that Damian needs to face some consequences for his actions and can't be Robin anymore.
    Outlaws is definitely his better family.

Interesting point about the trials...

Batman, of course, is the head of the fam and the one who create the rules, so there's no real trial for him since he doesn't break that rule.

The closest trial in the fam was probably when Joker declared that he and Batman share a secret that endangers the fam, so Nightwing gathered everyone to grill him for the truth.

Batman's real trial, since he doesn't have authority over them, would be by Justice League. When they discovered that he created methods to subdue everyone of them and that methods fall to the hands of Ra's al Ghul. After everything is settled, he was suspended from the League until Infinite Crisis.

Dick killed The Joker in anger but Batman managed to revive him so I guess that didn't count.

Then he let Blockbuster gets shot by his partner Tarantula, but Nightwing already punished Tarantula himself, and when he finally spoke the truth to Batman, he acknowledged the difference between deliberately killing someone and failing to stop a murder, which he yelled at Dick to remember.

At that time, it's been months since that happened, and Batman has been noticing that Nightwing pretty much tried to kill himself out of guilt, involving himself with dangerous people like Tarantula, the mob and Deathstroke, so while he yelled at him, his main concern was Dick's mental and physical state. I guess he thinks he's punished himself enough.

Also, it didn't happen in Gotham. It was in Bludhaven, and the city is destroyed, with Nightwing heavily injured trying to salvage the rest, and a world-ending is coming in the form of Crisis. So that's another reason why he settled with yelling.

Damian killed a criminal twice after he became a family but both times he did it to save Batman.

The first was followed by Talia declaring a bounty on his head so they simply have bigger trouble at hand and he grounded him for his safety.

The second happened in private and he wishes that he kills Nobody himself instead of having Damian stain his hand with blood again. The end result was Bruce demanding Damian to prove that he does change.

Then, once Batman realized that the prophecy he saw about a future Batman destroying Gotham refers to Damian, he decided to hand him over to Talia. This didn't come to pass as Leviathan takes over Gotham and Batman was captured in the field, so Damian who was still grounded rushed to save the day and died.

I think the reason why there's a Batwoman trial was that she's a member of an official team that he invites himself to lead a team which members include people they don't know that well like Batwing, Azrael and Clayface, and the killing involve is more open and public, with those people involved. Batwing and Azrael also sided with Batwoman, so it's not something that he can settle personally one on one.

I'm not including Jason's beat-up here because unlike the others where I can find some sort of justification, I think this one is absurd. The shooting was public, but Red Hood's association with Batman is not known, so Batman decided to settle this in private... which, so far makes sense... but by beating him up... which is excessive and unneeded.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-31-2019 at 01:05 PM.

bibyami

happy new year 2020!!!