Page 33 of 285 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    When was the last time that Bendis influenced positively any character he wrote?
    ... I see your point, All I’m saying is maybe it won’t be as bad as we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    You know, I actually think so as well. Maybe I'm just an optimist.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I have to disagree with you there. There are Jason Todd fans out there that prefer him as a villain rather than as even an anti-hero and it's not always because they want him in Dick's rogue's gallery or because they are fans of Dick Grayson. They oftentimes want Jason to be a thorn in Bruce's side as well.
    "... to be part of Dick's rogue gallery (or Bruce' rogue gallery)." is what I meant.

Sometimes I feel that people don't understand the term "villain". Fighting a hero doesn't turn a character automatically in a villain.
    Further, I still stand by my point that Jason was not a villain in UtRH. He was the antagonist.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    You know, I actually think so as well. Maybe I'm just an optimist.
    I'm not willing to bet on that myself after reading his characterization of Flash in Superman. At best I think we'll get yet another mediocre outing for Jason and at worst he will be terribly out of character and will spew Bendis-speak just to make what Superman says and does look that much better by comparison. Bendis may have a great voice for Superman but his handling of everyone else around him needs massive improvement in my opinion especially in the Superman book. I wish I could be optimistic about this one like G is but after seeing how he handles other characters I just can't find it in myself to be.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    "... to be part of Dick's rogue gallery (or Bruce' rogue gallery)." is what I meant.

Sometimes I feel that people don't understand the term "villain". Fighting a hero doesn't turn a character automatically in a villain.
    Further, I still stand by my point that Jason was not a villain in UtRH. He was the antagonist.
    That's the problem. There are people out there that just want him to be a straight up villain not just an antagonist, which is an entirely different thing. I do agree with you that he was an antagonist in UtRH rather than a villain but I think people may have started to think of him as a villain after that point. I think things started to change once Jason started to be used as the "Villain of the week" that writers pulled out whenever they got tired of using the standard rogues. By associating him with the others in that way they may have inadvertently created a connection between him and the term "villain" or "rogue".
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

You guys probably know already how I feel about Bendis writing yet another of my favourite characters. And probably also know how much I don't like how he writes and how much his work has burnt me from his days in Marvel. Going by what I've read in other places and by what @JasonTodd428 says (I trust him), I can see he hasn't changed his habits.

I don't hold hope for Jason in his hands. I hope I am wrong, if the case arises, for all that's loved.
    But mostly, I won't hold it.

I do think he will write an enjoyable YJ run, though: teen, flashy stories, with lots of melodrama and without the pretension of having some epic or complex plot are one of his strengths, I think. Same as normal melodrama between regular adults (here I dont like him, but as far as I know, people who like that, like his work). And he's not bad at simple street-level stories. He can pull something enjoyable if he goes for an easy, fun and adventurous approach for that book.

Edit: also, I think Jason in Under the Hood was more like this actually: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiVillain An Anti-Villain, who also was an antagonist. Anti-Heroes often can cross to that territory if pushed. Well, in fact, I think he was also some kind of protagonist in the story, more than just the guy that brings conflict to the hero's path.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-25-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You guys probably know already how I feel about Bendis writing yet another of my favourite characters. And probably also know how much I don't like how he writes and how much his work has burnt me from his days in Marvel. Going by what I've read in other places and by what @JasonTodd428 says (I trust him), I can see he hasn't changed his habits.

I don't hold hope for Jason in his hands. I hope I am wrong, if the case arises, for all that's loved.
    But mostly, I won't hold it.

I do think he will write an enjoyable YJ run, though: teen, flashy stories, with lots of melodrama and without the pretension of having some epic or complex plot are one of his strengths, I think. Same as normal melodrama between regular adults (here I dont like him, but as far as I know, people who like that, like his work). And he's not bad at simple street-level stories. He can pull something enjoyable if he goes for an easy, fun and adventurous approach for that book.

Edit: also, I think Jason in Under the Hood was more like this actually: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiVillain An Anti-Villain, who also was an antagonist. Anti-Heroes often can cross to that territory if pushed. Well, in fact, I think he was also some kind of protagonist in the story, more than just the guy that brings conflict to the hero's path.
    Yeah, Bendis has really divided the Super fandom since he took over. I gave it a shot, but holy crap has he torn down established characters to push his own narrative. His Lois Lane is the most inconsistently written character thus far. She went from being a mama bear in Rebirth that wouldn't let anyone hurt her Kryptonians, to a negligent mother, "needing her space" wife, and hiding her existence from her own husband Lois. Don't even get me started on aging Jon up 7 years right when Bendis brings Connor back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, Bendis has really divided the Super fandom since he took over. I gave it a shot, but holy crap has he torn down established characters to push his own narrative. His Lois Lane is the most inconsistently written character thus far. She went from being a mama bear in Rebirth that wouldn't let anyone hurt her Kryptonians, to a negligent mother, "needing her space" wife, and hiding her existence from her own husband Lois. Don't even get me started on aging Jon up 7 years right when Bendis brings Connor back.
    Bendis would do nothing but undermine Dick, Jason, and Damian because he's 1000% on Team Timmy. I hope he gets bored real quick and moves on someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Hello, I'm dapper Red Hood, and this is my fantastic eatery that I totally got by legal means.

Seems like Cully Hamner is staying as a cover artist for RH:O.

Cully Hammer RHO cover artist.jpg
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-26-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Seems like Cully Hammer is staying as a cover artist for RH:O.

Cully Hammer RHO cover artist.jpg
    Good.

As someone said there, they make for a good pairing. And the cover is very eye catching: pretty and cool.

Also, loving the love for that suit-mask-umbrella.

And Woods commented yesterday that he was working on six new designs and redesigns for DC. So maybe we will get a few new and/or old regular characters "soon".

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Damn. Perfection.

Seems like Cully Hammer is staying as a cover artist for RH:O.
    Good. I want more Jason and his fabulous hair.