Page 43 of 285 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Heh I didn't know this trope has a name. It's a good name too.
    The "hurt" part is mine, but yeah, I think that's how people call this trope .

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    A friend who's a writer asked me to paint him a picture for the promotion of his latest book after seeing this (warning: awful quality of the shot). I'll be paid, and he's a very good friend; so I'm very excited, but also very nervious, because I want to do something very good for him. I have to read the book, and show him a few sketchs. He trusts me, but he's also very serious, because it's an actual deal, serious business quite literaly.
    Good luck! I think that painting is very beautiful so you'll do just fine on your friend's book.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I just realized nobody bothered to tell Jason about Dick getting shot.
    They probably weren't able to contact him. Otherwise Alfred would have sent him a message after TT #26 that Damian has stolen the mystery box and is coming for him.

@Zaresh: I like the "bullying the hurt dragon" phrase And I wish you also good luck and a lot of fun with your commission.

I hope that the TT Annual will be mentioned in RH:O. And that Jason gets Artemis, Biz and his grandma back. It's sad to see him so alone without any emotional backup.

Good luck! I think that painting is very beautiful so you'll do just fine on your friend's book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    @Zaresh: I like the "bullying the hurt dragon" phrase And I wish you also good luck and a lot of fun with your commission.
    Thank you both! :3

Maybe a stupid question but since when is the "Prince of Gotham" in the title gone?

It wasn't this morning, I think I saw it whole then.

Huh. Why...

Okay, I checked a screenshot that I made yesterday of a post - and the url clearly contains the "Prince of Gotham" part. I'll write a mod.

Last edited by G-Potion; 01-30-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

spoilers:
    Yeah I think this is one of the rare times in his guest appearances that Jason is written as both sensible (well as much as he can be in this state) and capable. I was thinking 'for him' might imply The Other? Since according to Damian, Lady Vic was just a bait, and his target was the Teen Titans.
    end of spoilers
    Just read the issue

spoilers:
    and yeah, he meant The Other. Basically saying that if the TT bother him again, he will do the Other a favor and take them down (killing them?) himself.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Just read the issue

spoilers:
    and yeah, he meant The Other. Basically saying that if the TT bother him again, he will do the Other a favor and take them down (killing them?) himself.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    An empty threat so that Damian backs off. Damian did the same with the bomb. It should be obvious that Damian had never the intention to blow himself up. But he used the bomb because he speculated that the idea of dying in an explosion (again) would scare Jason. But Jason didn't take the bait but returned the favor by scaring Damian with the idea that his whole team could die because of him. That's how you make somebody believe an empty threat.
    end of spoilers

Wow! The number of people crying out that "Jason is cancer", "Jason is abusing a young child", "Jason is a psycho", "Jason shot Damian once so he's totally evil and he tried to kill the kids" on Tumblr seriously makes me wonder if we read the same issue.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 01-30-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Wow! The number of people crying out that "Jason is cancer", "Jason is abusing a young child", "Jason is a psycho", "Jason shot Damian once so he's totally evil and he tried to kill the kids" on Tumblr seriously makes me wonder if we read the same issue.
    Lol, people talk like Damian was a normal child. Honestly, what did they expect?, Damian keep acusing him and Jason tried to calm him down until he was electrocuted and had enougth, was he just supposed to let himself be beating and throw in jail for a crime that he didn't commit?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wow! The number of people crying out that "Jason is cancer", "Jason is abusing a young child", "Jason is a psycho" on Tumblr seriously makes me wonder if we read the same issue.
    As far as I have seen, some fans of Damian are a bit too extreme. And then Tumblr tends to be very radical in their opinions. I haven't read the issue yet, but for what you people say, it's not like he's beaten Damian just because: looks a lot more like he got too provoked by him when he was in a bad place, was even threatened and attacked, and the kid got a comeback in physical shape and a warning. I would say that Jason may have reacted in a disproportionate way, but I haven't read the issue, so I don't know how it really was.

As I said, you just don't bully a dragon, especially not when he's hurt.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-30-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Let them. That are people who dislike Jason anyway. I've seen bad comments about Damian too. To each his own.