Page 5 of 285 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I feel personally attacked that Arkham Knight isn't on the title....

Anyway, congratulations on the new thread, guys! I catch up with RH and decided to reread 21-29 which improved the current arc so much and made realize how unfair to judge a story before it finished (I have to give it to Lobdell for all hints he left here and there). So, from now on I'm not going to comment on single issue and instead wait for the arc to finish to get the whole picture before I give my thoughts.

See you guys on February!
    I get where you're coming from, but as Lobdell once said that he tried to make an issue enjoyable on its own, I think it's fair to give our thought on what we currently have, so long as we know that it's not the whole picture yet and are willing to reexamine later, like you did. A month is a long wait, it's normal to get anxious sometimes. But I think your comments were pretty reasonable anyway. Gonna miss you @Rise!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yep, I don't mind either way about the name.

You know, I wonder if we will see that henchmen app again when Jason comes back to Gotham to make Penguin more miserable.
    Hell yeah at the henchmen app. Also, does Penguin have any penguins left? Jason needs a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Hell yeah at the henchmen app. Also, does Penguin have any penguins left? Jason needs a pet.
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Oh, my lord. Now we know WHY Jason comes back.
    He wants his penguin!

Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight, Prince of Gotham Appreciation 2019

I vote on this one! That's what Alfred called him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

I vote on this one! That's what Alfred called him as well.
    Yes it was, it's kinda why I'm more partial to that one as well, it came from a more endearing place.

And well, I think with that vote, its settled.

New title:

Also Sergard, along with the change of title could you perhaps add a link to the previous appreciation thread as well? Thank you

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yes it was, it's kinda why I'm more partial to that one as well, it came from a more endearing place.

And well, I think with that vote, its settled.

New title:

I love that moment with Alfred. And that thread title sounds awesome.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Happy NEW YEAR and glad to see a new thread too. Hope everyone here had great holiday season.

That sounds like the wiser choice. App. should be enough. I mean, you cannot mistake it for some new, awesome application named Jason Todd, right?
    What's wrong with a new awesome application called Jason Todd? Anyway Zaresh that made me laugh so thanks for that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Happy NEW YEAR and glad to see a new thread too. Hope everyone here had great holiday season.

What's wrong with a new awesome application called Jason Todd? Anyway Zaresh that made me laugh so thanks for that.
    You're welcome! Happy new year to you too.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

To be honest, I was more annoyed by how wordy the text was, and how much it repeated some statements. But that was for, like, five issues. And I'm all for putting the characters I like under different settings and living through different kind of stories. I love pulp, and you can guess how much I liked the evil ancient monks and space opera shift from the street level approach (which to be honest, after what they tried with Countdown, wasn't all that out of the blue).
    The wordiness for me came later. It didn't really bother me that much at first, but as Lobdell began writing more books... he wrote Red Hood, Teen Titans, Superman and Action Comics at that time... it became really noticeable.

Anyway, here's one of my favorite Rocafort cover... Rocover... the homage to Star Wars.

JUN120195_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The wordiness for me came later. It didn't really bother me that much at first, but as Lobdell began writing more books... he wrote Red Hood, Teen Titans, Superman and Action Comics at that time... it became really noticeable.

Anyway, here's one of my favorite Rocafort cover... Rocover... the homage to Star Wars.

JUN120195_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    That is my favorite RHATO cover period. I wish someone would make that one a poster because I'd hang it in my new game room.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Hey glad to have you back @JasonTodd428!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Hey glad to have you back @JasonTodd428!
    Thanks. Sorry that I dropped off the face of the Earth like that but the past few months have been rather hectic for me and I haven't had a lot of down time. I moved into a new house at the end of November but things are starting to settle down now. Hopefully this means I'll be on the forum more.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday, whichever one you may celebrate.

Also that was some cute fanart you guys posted on the old thread.

It's great to have you guys back, even if Rise doesn't stay for commenting the monthy issues in the end.

Happy 2019!

New Jason Todd fan here. I haven't read any comics involving him (or any of the bat family yet now that I think about it), but I have watched UtRH recently.

I did have a vague idea of who he is and supposedly the parts I liked of Tim from TNBA was based off of Jason?? It wasn't until I was reading a fanfic with him in it (he wasn't even the focus character, but I loved him the most) that I got interested in him.

I'd like to read his time as robin. I'm not sure if there is a book that is all about his robin run, but if anyone could point out some trades that have him as robin (aside from DitF) that'd be great! Thanks!

Edit: Welcome @Lirica! About Jason's time as Robin, I think there are some collected trades, like "Batman: Second Chances", and then there are classic stories like "The Cult" and "A Death in the Family". The problem is with pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths, I think, because I don't know if they have been collected in paper. Someone else said something about it in our previous thread. I hope someone else can reply with more detailed info.

-

Let's give the topic more breath. We still have a long wait until #30 is released.

Coming back to the track of completing the initial post, now that we have cleared the title issue (I saw a nice new additions: good idea @Serg). The recommendations I posted in the previous page. What do you guys think? Need something else in? Something out?

• As Robin:
    • Batman: The Cult (post-COIE].
    • A Death in the Family (post-COIE]

As Red Hood:
    • Batman: Under the Hood (pre-FP)
    • Red Hood: Lost Days (pre-FP)
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws vol. 1 and 2 (New 52)
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws vol. 1 to 4 (Rebirth]

Other Media:
    • Batman: Under the Red Hood (animation movie)
    • Batman: Arkham Knight (videogame)
    For the "Upcoming appearances", we know he will be a lead in Johns' Three Jokers mini (whenever it gets out). And he might appear in Teen Titans #26, but that's this month issue, so I guess it's not really worth the mention. That's all I know. Dark has a good record about what Jason will or will not be featured in; maybe he knows some other book he will be in. Or you guys. I honestly cannot recall anything else.

For the "Enemies" category, The Joker, Black Mask, Penguin, Ra's Al Ghul... I dunno. The Untitled, too, I guess. And Underlife, now. I have a problem with this category, because he really needs more villains for his own. Lobdell is trying to fix it, but really, if you want to make Jason his own hero, he needs his own villains (and supporting cast, which is something that's it's being fixed as well). Of course you can always write great stories borrowing someone else's villain, and can even end up making them more memorables as your rogues than as the original hero's: but it's had to see that happening, I think.

"Family, Allies and Friends", here I would put The Batfamily, Roy Harper, Koriand'r, Clone Bizarro and Artemis. Those are the current ones. For past allies, Donna and Kyle? Talia? Should we put someone from his days as Robin? This applies for every section. It's the period I know of the least.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-03-2019 at 11:30 AM.