Page 54 of 285 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Jason makes an appearance in Detective 1,000. King just posted a picture of him (in his old suit) along with the rest of the bat fam.
    Ok, who used the monkey paw?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Ok, who used the monkey paw?
    Who used the what now?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It's a joke about how King tends to awfully mishandle Jason every time he writes him.

And the monkey paw is from a fable. For every finger, it grants a wish, but each wish comes with an unseen cost. For example, if you wished for a lot of money, you would get it. But then find out you got that money because a close relative died and that was the inheritance or whatever.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

It's a short story. And nearly the whole batfamily seems to be part of it. I don't think that Jason will appear in a lot of panels.
    But I'm already confused because Jason isn't wearing any logo. On the other hand, seeing Duke and Jason in a panel is nice. I wished those two would hang out more.
    I loved their dynamic in Tony Patrick's "Role Call" (and Catwoman's involvement added the final touch.)

(source)

I was wondering about the logo myself. Though I have to admit, the suit does look better without it.

I'm totally okay with Jason not wearing any logo (as long as there is an explanation why he decided to ditch the bat logo/his own logo) but the suit looks a little plain on that page.
    And I'm surprised that I say that but the page makes me miss Batman/Bruce in this scene. This "family" looks so fractured. They are all separated in little groups. The page doesn't deliver a feeling of family but rather a feeling of emotional distance.
    Last edited by Sergard; 02-12-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    This "family" looks so fractured. They are all separated in little groups. The page doesn't deliver a feeling of family but rather a feeling of emotional distance.
    I think that's the point. And to be fair, besides some close relationships between some members, the family as a whole has always felt distant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Wow! Beautiful piece.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I think that's the point. And to be fair, besides some close relationships between some members, the family as a whole has always felt distant to me.
    And Jason, in his own words, is "the blackest of sheep" in a family of people that would all be black sheep on their own. In the first Outlaws Rebirth Annual, he and Dick sort of had some bonding/understanding moments. And now Dick is "Ric" and being a poor imitation of Jason.

Tim... Demoted himself and ran off to join up with comics Young Justice.

Damian, well, Jason did try to connect with him, especially during this whole dealing with the "Other" and what not. But Damian screwed the pooch on that one (don't tell him I used such a phrase). Hard.

Bruce... Enough baggage there to hold up customs at an airport for a month. With Babs, Cass, and Steph. Well, he and Babs haven't interacted much since Rebirth, and Jason just hasn't interacted with the other two much period.

At least he and aunt Kate get along well enough.

@Flaffizz (and here's the story behind the artworks)

That's so cute! Of course someone would think of Jason reading that story.

@grossularlilium

@__DangD

@an_atagasu (there is a second fanart with Jon talking to Damian but since it's Korean I have no idea what they are saying)