Page 9 of 285 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I get where you're from, and yeah, I wouldn't say Jason in Autumn of Life is Sue-ish according to your definition either. What I feel is that the story often presents a situation that makes Jason look too good that Bruce and even the Justice League either feel bad or feel awed in return. It's a little bit one-sided because Jason has moved on and isn't (or doesn't appear) bothered about his past with Bruce (which is good, I approve), but also because we have a lot of outsider POV looking at Jason and not a lot of the reverse. As someone who reads for Jason, I kinda feel bad for the other characters. But again, I didn't read the story in its entirety to really justify my criticism and as you also said, as the story progresses, it becomes a non issue. That's why I want to give it another chance.
    I get what you’re saying and it can definitely feel one sided but I feel like it gets more balanced out as the story goes on (maybe not so much with the league but definitely with the BatFam). Especially after a certain event in the story.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I totally forgot about that fanfic although I love the idea.

"With Violet Light" by Evilpixie - Alternative version of BUtH in which Jason becomes a Star Sapphire.

It's probably a good idea to later collect all recommendations in posts sorted by theme or so. So we can keep linked posts to a minimum and give a better overview for other users.

Mighty Member

I always wanted to see Jason cross paths with this guy.

Vigilante_-_Adrian_Chase_01 (1).jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I always wanted to see Jason cross paths with this guy.

Vigilante_-_Adrian_Chase_01 (1).jpg
    And who's that guy?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    And who's that guy?

Oh that is Vigilante. (Adrian Chase) He was Frank Castle before Frank Castle pretty much.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I've read two of those: Eternal Soliloquy and What was left behind. Both pretty good, especially Eternal Soliloquy, even if it is very sad. For whatever reason I didn't bookmark them, so thanks a lot!

Thanks!

All those years of training for being a libraian somehow pay off. I'm not Batgirl, but having fun with our hobbies is not bad.
    You're welcome! I've learned my lesson about not bookmarking fics I like when I first read them, so glad I could help! xD
    This is exactly the kind of thing library training should be used for!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    snipped awesome urban fantasy rec post
    This post is amazing! I think the only one I've actually read some of is 'The Many Deaths of Jason Todd' (though the title 'Call me Dawnslight' seems familiar so I probably wrongly scrolled by it). I started it, but cannot remember why I never finished it.
    I'm intrigued by all of these and will check them out! I'm especially curious about the Dreamscape series, since I love the Vertigo-based DC mythos.

Re: on shipping, I don't really mind what the ship is necessarily. If it's well written, I'll at least try it, but thank you for at least mentioning what ships there are, if any. The whole post is super helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Also, welcome aboard @Lirica! I hope you enjoy our little group.
    Thank you! I'm definitely already enjoying it here!

"With Violet Light" by Evilpixie - Alternative version of BUtH in which Jason becomes a Star Sapphire.
    I've seen this fic and I've heard it's very good. My jump to the main DC line was through GL, but at that time I had pretty much no idea of Jason, so I skipped over it. Good to see it and try it out now.

Ah yes, I definitely recommend 'With Violet Light' as well!

Oh that is Vigilante. (Adrian Chase) He was Frank Castle before Frank Castle pretty much.
    Thanks for the info. I googled him. There have been a few Vigilantes so far. And since Danny Fairchild seems to be the new Vigilante in current continuity it's probably unlikely for Adrian to take up the mantle, or?
    Has Adrian Chase even been mentioned since New52 started? His wiki entry says that he took his own life and was replaced by his brother Dorian as Vigilante in old continuity.

Somehow Adrian's costume reminded me of the character Raze from "Silencer". Although after looking Raze' costume up (picture from Silencer #11, Raze is the guy in blue on the left) his costume is more different than I remembered.

But in general I'm always in favor of Jason meeting other anti-heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I've seen this fic and I've heard it's very good. My jump to the main DC line was through GL, but at that time I had pretty much no idea of Jason, so I skipped over it. Good to see it and try it out now.
    Then maybe you'll like "Castle in the Air" by rredhoods. Here, Jason becomes a blue lantern. The fanfic has three chapters at the moment and so far not a lot has happened. But I'm hopeful that future chapters will be more interesting. Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are also part of the story. It has a Jason/Kyle pairing but the story is T-rated. So there won't be any explicit stuff.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait, he was that old? I thought he's a young character

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait, he was that old? I thought he's a young character
    There have been several characters with this mantle. Adrian Chase was created by Marv Wolvmannhis in 1982 in New Teen Titans and than got his own solo series.

Here's the finalized cover of Red Hood: Outlaw #30. I believe, it hasn't been posted yet, or?

And here is the original version for comparison.

I do love the blue tone of this final version more.

You're welcome! I've learned my lesson about not bookmarking fics I like when I first read them, so glad I could help! xD
    This is exactly the kind of thing library training should be used for!
    Well...

This post is amazing! I think the only one I've actually read some of is 'The Many Deaths of Jason Todd' (though the title 'Call me Dawnslight' seems familiar so I probably wrongly scrolled by it). I started it, but cannot remember why I never finished it.
    I'm intrigued by all of these and will check them out! I'm especially curious about the Dreamscape series, since I love the Vertigo-based DC mythos.

Re: on shipping, I don't really mind what the ship is necessarily. If it's well written, I'll at least try it, but thank you for at least mentioning what ships there are, if any. The whole post is super helpful!
    Thanks, and you're welcome . Glad to be of some help, and I love sharing stuff I like, to be honest. It's like a bit of an addiction. You can see how often I ramble and ramble about off topic books or shows or whatever because I love to make other people know about them (and hopeful, love them as much ;D).
    About the shippings, I am not a romance reader (unfortunately, because my mother had a ton of those books at some point, years ago), but I like any kind of relationship when is written in a believable or interesting way. I like character development and good dynamics in the stories I invest my time in (if they are not pure crack or have other qualities that get me interested in them, like a good mystery behind).

I totally forgot about that fanfic although I love the idea.

I usually click in all the "Jason is now a lantern" for a reason I cannot pinpoint (maybe I just like the idea). I wonder if I've read this one and forgotten about it because all the time has passed or I missed it; so thanks for linking it. I'll know soon which one is XD. I do remember reading "Castle in the Air".
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-06-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: grammar

I didn't know there is a limit quota to quotations for message. The more you know.

It's probably a good idea to later collect all recommendations in posts sorted by theme or so. So we can keep linked posts to a minimum and give a better overview for other users.
    Understood. I'm going to link all the ghost and horror stories in my post, and then collect the others in a few more as we see them being posted. One for "In which Jason is another kind of hero" could fit these Lantern and some other few works: it's a common trope, I think. Another one could be "Jason moves on in his life", pretty common storyline too.

Here's the finalized cover of Red Hood: Outlaw #30. I believe, it hasn't been posted yet, or?

And here is the original version for comparison.

I don't get why these little changes, but I guess this time it looks better for me. The colour of the light was good for an interior, but for a cover I think it sort of distracts the eye a bit.

Edit: about other anti-heroes, I was skimming over The Spectre for a story I have in mind, and I think it would be interesting if he encounters this entity at some point. Not an arc, not taking the role: just a one-shot story.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-06-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Well then, the post about Ghosts and Urban Fantasy fics is already edited. If you want to add any other work, you're welcome to do so.