Page 92 of 285 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Ha, that's so cute!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What is with so many creators hating Robin so much? Just last year at con a bunch of batman writers were making fun of the character being easily disposable fodder.
    I didn't know people like Robin until I saw the fandom post Hush. Since I was a kid no one I know like Robin. Everyone wants to be Batman. Robin is either a joke or annoyance.

The first time I like Robin was in a short story where he showcases his intelligence, and later being badass and intelligent once I actually read comics that are not silver age.

I want to say these creators are adults or older men who can't relate with a kid being badass, but as I said before, no one I know like Robin and that was when we were kids. Heck, I didn't like Robin. All of us wanted to be Batman, the cool one, not Robin, the stupid one. The image came from Batman 66 of course. Even BTAS didn't erase that image. Then, of course, Schumacher's version didn't help.

I think Tim of TNBA was the first time Robin didn't feel... insignificant... to me, but by that time we kinda already stopped playing Batman. So Tim's role didn't even count.

I guess that image of Robin being a kid or just younger, dumber than Batman, or annoying is just that strong.

So if that's my impression of Robin, and most creators are older than me, then they have an even stronger image of Robin 66. Regardless of what comic and The New Teen Titans show.

Actually, even in his college age, Dick is still kidnapped, and so was the younger Jason of the Bronze Age. Whether it's child endangerment or they just like single playboy billionaire fantasy without the burden of a child, I feel like that first or longest image of Robin leaves such a lasting impression.

Kinda like how there are still people who prefer Harley to be the dumb sidekick of Joker.

I don't know if I answered your question, I kinda went off on my own there XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I didn't know people like Robin until I saw the fandom post Hush. Since I was a kid no one I know like Robin. Everyone wants to be Batman. Robin is either a joke or annoyance.

The first time I like Robin was in a short story where he showcases his intelligence, and later being badass and intelligent once I actually read comics that are not silver age.

I want to say these creators are adults or older men who can't relate with a kid being badass, but as I said before, no one I know like Robin and that was when we were kids. Heck, I didn't like Robin. All of us wanted to be Batman, the cool one, not Robin, the stupid one. The image came from Batman 66 of course. Even BTAS didn't erase that image. Then, of course, Schumacher's version didn't help.

I think Tim of TNBA was the first time Robin didn't feel... insignificant... to me, but by that time we kinda already stopped playing Batman. So Tim's role didn't even count.

I guess that image of Robin being a kid or just younger, dumber than Batman, or annoying is just that strong.

So if that's my impression of Robin, and most creators are older than me, then they have an even stronger image of Robin 66. Regardless of what comic and The New Teen Titans show.

Actually, even in his college age, Dick is still kidnapped, and so was the younger Jason of the Bronze Age. Whether it's child endangerment or they just like single playboy billionaire fantasy without the burden of a child, I feel like that first or longest image of Robin leaves such a lasting impression.

Kinda like how there are still people who prefer Harley to be the dumb sidekick of Joker.

I don't know if I answered your question, I kinda went off on my own there XD
    You are not wrong. Robin used to be a total damsel in distress. being dressed in undies or tights didn't help matters. Son of Batman was my fist time seeing a cool Robin. One you could take seriously. However I didn't know the source material. Now having read the comics Robin is a character I respect more.

However a writer and a fan approach the character from different angles. I can see why a fan might view Robin as lame but creators can make Robin what ever they want.
    Robin was meant to be a stand in. A power fantasy/self insert for fans maybe that's why creators have/had such disdain for him self inserts/audience standin characters are not amongst the lamest there are and don't allow for much writer expression. But still.

Likely why a lot of current writers enjoy Damian's Robin because he isn't an audience stand in. But still I think that Robin is a solid character and even creators who don't share that view shouldn't mock a big IP like Robin so casually
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Year of the Villain themed variant cover for issue 36

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Very Nice.

10 characters

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

As always, Yasmine Putri's art is perfection. I especially love the lighting.

O_O This is gorgeous! Miss Putri really knocked it out of the park with this one!

BANNED

Does she just do covers? I once asked that question about Adam Hughes and got told, "Why should he grind out a monthly book when he gets paid more just for doing covers?"

Beautiful! I appreciate the torn hood so we can see some hair.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Beautiful! I appreciate the torn hood so we can see some hair.
    Right? For some reaaon, that got my attention too. Really beautiful cover.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Select July Titles to Feature Unique “Portrait” Variant Covers of Characters Receiving “The Offer” from Lex Luthor

So I guess Jason will be a part of the YOTV thing in some capacity, even if it’s just an interaction with Luther.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Select July Titles to Feature Unique “Portrait” Variant Covers of Characters Receiving “The Offer” from Lex Luthor

So I guess Jason will be a part of the YOTV thing in some capacity, even if it’s just an interaction with Luther.
    Source of this?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Source of this?
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...on-this-summer

One-Shot Spotlights the DCU’s Most Notorious Evildoers, Sets the Stage for Upcoming Blockbuster Stories in

JUSTICE LEAGUE, EVENT LEVIATHAN and BATMAN

Select July Titles to Feature Unique “Portrait” Variant Covers of

Characters Receiving “The Offer” from Lex Luthor

Ah, I see it now. Thanks.

Uh... Uhm...

I don't want Jason in that Leviatan event. I really don't. I hope it's just a "he was there for a panel and half" thing. Not only because the idea doesn't make me excited: it will break the storyflow we're having right now and I dislike when events just mess with a story. I dislike events in general (I don't buy them, and usually dont't read them either), but, well, I guess I'm in the minority (because they keep doing events and events and more events. So that means that people buy them).

I hope it's not something important.