Page 94 of 285 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    that's not true Jason been painted as irredeemable before and yet he still got a book out of being painted as the scum of the earth. Morrison wrote Jason so terrible that it took a great writer to write him back to status quo i mean winnick came in before the new 52, an in 3 issue of batman and robin jason was back to being the anti-hero and anti-villian everyone knew and loved. if scott lobdell is half a strong writer he is suppose to be he can turn jason around in 6 issues and not drag on,or down a story, with whatever silly story he wants to tell until he sure he has jason back to status quo.
    That happened, yeah. Was when he wasn't as established as he's now, and in a book alone, not in an event (he was a grey character outside there). Also, Morrison himself wrote him out of his villainous path in the end in Batman Inc (after Winnick short help before the reboot, painting him not so, er, crazy and ridiculous), and had a big, big reboot to help him resert Jason's status and story.

As I said, I'll rather not take that path now. It's not worth the risk, imho. Events tend to have a bigger impact in my experience, just because they have more readers and that makes it last longer. Mmm, I acknowledge that Jason's own nature is to be forever on the verge of both sides, but I also think he will always end swing to the side of good most of the times, with all his messes and mistakes and meltdowns. He's more of a good guy than a bad, in a world who isn't like ours and doesn't work as well as ours. He's just very flawed, has a lot of emotional issues, has had problems in the past (trauma and a bad upbringing can do that to you) and is willed to do ethically wrong things. But he's heroic in his core.

In any case, we will have the 3 jokers mini, that I hope will play Jason as an anti-hero and not a villain. I trust them to at least that (to be honest, I'm hopeful with that book now, after what we've been told).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-12-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    It doesn't even have to mean that. A variant cover more often than not doesn't have much to do with what's going on in the issue.
    Normally that is true but not in this case. The variant covers are directly related to whose involved in phase 1 of YOTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Rocafort isn't working in the annual

RED HOOD: OUTLAW ANNUAL #3
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by ADAM POLLINA
    cover by DEXTER SOY
    Missing since the fateful events of issue #25, the story of what happened to Bizarro and Artemis after they were sucked through the quantum doorway can finally be told! Trapped in a strange reality where everyone with metahuman abilities has become normal and ordinary humans now possess powers, up is down, left is right and only a pair of Outlaws can save the day in a world gone mad. Meet strange new foes, and even stranger new allies. Can the Outlaws fix this broken world and still make it back to our world and their mission alongside the Red Hood?
    ON SALE 07.31.19
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

And Jason is getting new teammates

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #36
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by PETE WOODS
    cover by DAN PANOSIAN
    variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    There’s no way to plan for every contingency...even for a son of the Bat like Jason Todd. His goal was to take down the Penguin and assume his role as the prince of Gotham, but the best laid plans go awry when Oswald Cobblepot gets the last laugh—and the last bullet! And not even the Red Hood and his posse can stop him. (How could they with the Iceberg Lounge under siege and Bunker, Wingman and the Sisters Su too busy to help Jason deal with a Penguin ascendant?) Don’t miss the startling conclusion to “Prince of Gotham!”
    What can Lex Luthor offer former sidekick Jason Todd? Sidekicks…broken, battered and catastrophically dangerous sidekicks. The Teen Titans they’re not!
    ON SALE 07.10.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Looks like the annual will focus heavily on Biz and Artemis's time in … wherever they are (which I kinda suspected it would). Wonder if Jason will appear at all or if the focus will be on them.

I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of Jason taking on sidekicks (or atleast young ones) but I'll wait to see who the team is and what happens before judging it. The characters could be introduced here but not appear again until Snyder uses them in his event thing. Maybe Wingman's connected to Lex and he's the one who sent WM to find Jason last arc.

Rocafort isn't working in the annual

RED HOOD: OUTLAW ANNUAL #3
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by ADAM POLLINA
    cover by DEXTER SOY
    Missing since the fateful events of issue #25, the story of what happened to Bizarro and Artemis after they were sucked through the quantum doorway can finally be told! Trapped in a strange reality where everyone with metahuman abilities has become normal and ordinary humans now possess powers, up is down, left is right and only a pair of Outlaws can save the day in a world gone mad. Meet strange new foes, and even stranger new allies. Can the Outlaws fix this broken world and still make it back to our world and their mission alongside the Red Hood?
    ON SALE 07.31.19
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

And Jason is getting new teammates

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #36
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by PETE WOODS
    cover by DAN PANOSIAN
    variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    There’s no way to plan for every contingency...even for a son of the Bat like Jason Todd. His goal was to take down the Penguin and assume his role as the prince of Gotham, but the best laid plans go awry when Oswald Cobblepot gets the last laugh—and the last bullet! And not even the Red Hood and his posse can stop him. (How could they with the Iceberg Lounge under siege and Bunker, Wingman and the Sisters Su too busy to help Jason deal with a Penguin ascendant?) Don’t miss the startling conclusion to “Prince of Gotham!”
    What can Lex Luthor offer former sidekick Jason Todd? Sidekicks…broken, battered and catastrophically dangerous sidekicks. The Teen Titans they’re not!
    ON SALE 07.10.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Awesome. The anual is perfect for my always-delayed birthday gift.
    I'm guessing the sidekicks aren't going to stay in the bock, if we get Art and Biz back, maybe? Or maybe Art and Biz are those sidekicks? (but they're not: that's rude, Lex!—If he refers to them them that way)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-12-2019 at 02:36 PM.

EVENT LEVIATHAN #2
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by JASON FABOK
    “The Detectives”! EVENT LEVIATHAN, the new miniseries by the award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev, continues! As the mystery of Leviathan continues to rock the very foundations of the DC Universe, the world’s greatest detectives gather for the first time anywhere to solve the mystery before it’s too late! Lois Lane leads Batman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, the Question and a couple of genuine guest sleuths in the search for who Leviathan is and how their plans have already unfolded. This issue also guest-stars Red Hood, Batgirl and more!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Heh, I wasn't expecting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #2
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by JASON FABOK
    “The Detectives”! EVENT LEVIATHAN, the new miniseries by the award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev, continues! As the mystery of Leviathan continues to rock the very foundations of the DC Universe, the world’s greatest detectives gather for the first time anywhere to solve the mystery before it’s too late! Lois Lane leads Batman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, the Question and a couple of genuine guest sleuths in the search for who Leviathan is and how their plans have already unfolded. This issue also guest-stars Red Hood, Batgirl and more!
    Guess-star.
    Good.

Maybe we dodged the event in the end ^____^.

Cute.

That's pretty sweet. Fans have been comparing the Robins to the Turtles for ages so pretty cool to have this nod

Raphael as Red Hood

So we finally get to see the kind of world Artemis and Biz have been dealing with. Apparently, a world where the average person is a meta-human, and those that are on the main Earth, are not meta-humans.

I can now see why 2 powerful beings like Biz and Artemis would have to go underground, so to speak. Makes me wonder what sort of powers Jason would have in that world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Looks like the annual will focus heavily on Biz and Artemis's time in … wherever they are (which I kinda suspected it would). Wonder if Jason will appear at all or if the focus will be on them.
    Would be a shame if we don't see a superpower Jason. Such opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Raphael as Red Hood

Haha that's so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Would be a shame if we don't see a superpower Jason. Such opportunity.
    Only if the annual ends with Biz and Artemis back on earth. It could easily cover what they were up to between RHATO 25 to 36 and end with them reuniting with Jason still stuck in wherever they are, kicking off a new arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Raphael as Red Hood

You posted also Leo and Mike, is there also one for Donnie?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You posted also Leo and Mike, is there also one for Donnie?
    Yeah Donnie is also tagged as Red Hood which i think was mistake for Red Robin but there wasn't any change that I could see aside from a cape so i didn't bother posting
    Splinter was Alfred
    Bebop was Killer Croc
    Rocksteady was Clayface
    Shredder was Joker
    Harley as Karai
    Karang as Bane

here's the link https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...016438785?s=19
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-13-2019 at 12:37 AM.