Page 17 of 285 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Kinda wonder how old YJ Jason is suppose to be. Did he stop aging? Is he older or the same age as Tim?
    According to Greg Weisman, he was 10 in 2010. The show takes place during 2018, so he's 18 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Josh Keaton was also Spiderman on Spectacular Spiderman
    Definitely good times. An all-time favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    From Batman:Hush.

In Batman Hush (which happend a few story arc before Under the Red Hood) Clayface fas posing as Jason, and he had a white streak and fought with Bruce. Later after the "Under the Red Hood" they retconned, that this was actually Jason how at some point during the fight switched places with Clayface.
    That's so cool. I never realized that. How did Jason's fans react to this retcon?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In Batman Hush (which happend a few story arc before Under the Red Hood) Clayface fas posing as Jason, and he had a white streak and fought with Bruce. Later after the "Under the Red Hood" they retconned, that this was actually Jason how at some point during the fight switched places with Clayface.
    I don't understand the need for this. Seems unnecessarily complicated. Why can't it just be Clayface the whole time. Even the panel support this. During their fight in the graveyard Jason did the exact same flipping and kicking Dick did in the previous issue. That works perfectly for the story's idea that Clayface Jason is mimicking Dick's movement because he didn't know how Jason moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Batman Ninja was made in Japan, with a lot of anime over the top aspects to it. And Jason does have a role, and quite the scene when he comes across Joker and Harley that fits him to a tee.

Really, the only character that is out of character is Damian (minus his love of animals).
    That's really interesting. I didn't know it was made in Japan. Is it based on a story arc or is it an original plot they came up with?

I'm not too familiar with Damian or any bat family member that wasn't in BTAS (besides Jason now), so I don't think I'd notice any ooc moments.

Ah, so technically at first it wasn't even supposed to be him. I wonder what made the look so memorable. Was it because it's shortly before him becoming Red Hood? It definitely would have him easily recognized in the sea of bat family guys. lol

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    The animation in Batman Ninja is amazing. I rented it on Amazon, watched it, and then bought it because I wanted to watch it again and again. The plot is nonsense, the English dub voice acting is kinda not great sometimes (definitely prefer the Japanese audio), but it has some of the best animators in Japan working on it and it's so good. Highly recommend if you're an animation fan.
    Kinda sounds a bit like the anime I used to watch when I was more into that. Definitely interested in the animation, though. I'll probably rent the movie and maybe buy the BD depending on how much I like it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I wonder what made the look so memorable.
    I guess it was because it was the frist time they had an adult Jason in the comics. And Hush is a pretty popular story arc.

I'm actually wandering more why it never caught on in the comics, the white streak seems pretty popular among fans and is quit iconic.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I guess it was because it was the frist time they had an adult Jason in the comics. And Hush is a pretty popular story arc.

I'm actually wandering more why it never caught on in the comics, the white streak seems pretty popular among fans and is quit iconic.
    I heard two different reasons why the white streak was retconned.
    1) some artists forgot to draw it, therefore there was an inconsistency in appearance
    2) Jason looked too old with the white streak

I'm indifferent about the white streak. Some fan artworks make it look really cool. And in comics it's more the artstyle of the artist that dictates how old Jason looks than the white streak.
    I just don't want the white streak to be a consequence of the Lazarus pit - there are a lot of characters that were dumped into it and none of them had an white streak afterwards.

Or maybe DC wants Jason to look the same in all media - and not in all of them Jason was dead and resurrected in his coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I heard two different reasons why the white streak was retconned.
    1) some artists forgot to draw it, therefore there was an inconsistency in appearance
    2) Jason looked too old with the white streak

I'm indifferent about the white streak. Some fan artworks make it look really cool. And in comics it's more the artstyle of the artist that dictates how old Jason looks than the white streak.
    I just don't want the white streak to be a consequence of the Lazarus pit - there are a lot of characters that were dumped into it and none of them had an white streak afterwards.

Or maybe DC wants Jason to look the same in all media - and not in all of them Jason was dead and resurrected in his coffin.
    There is the issue with Jason Blood having a white streak in his auburn/dark brown hair too, iirc.

So, not only do we get Young Justice series back, but we also have Jason in it!

And, yeah. Came across a few fanfics as well that had Jay as a sort of bodyguard for young Damian, in a literal red hood and mask, and not remembering his life before he died until he saw Dick again.

And while I love UtRH, both film and comic, it just doesn't seem like it would fit in this universe. But I am excited to see where they take Jason's story in this series.

Damian, well, he has a few years yet before he can really contribute here.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Ah, so technically at first it wasn't even supposed to be him. I wonder what made the look so memorable. Was it because it's shortly before him becoming Red Hood? It definitely would have him easily recognized in the sea of bat family guys. lol
    Jason in general was a continuity and writing mess since his resurrection and up to the N52. Unlike say, Bucky, there was no real plans or ideas for Jason's resurrection. Winnick simply thought it would be neat to have him as a one off villain. When turned out fans loved him, then was when he scrambled to justify his return, clumsily retconnig Hush and tying the whole thing to IC.

Afterwards, Jason was used as writers saw fit without caring about keeping his character consistent and often, just for sheer shock value.

When Countdown happened, it seemed like editorial had decided on a direction for him, but between the poor reception and Morrison doing things his way, they backpedaled hard at the end to undo all work on Jason and push him under the rug again.

After that, Daniels decided to turn Jason into Dick's Joker but luckily, that didn't panned out either. Finally, with the animated movie being a big success and the reboot looming into the horizon, editorial was able to find a direction for Jason and stick to it until now.

That said, I never liked the white streak, is sort of a generic characteristic for "badass and brooding" characters and there was nothing justifying its existence in the comics (unlike Parallax's streak) so I was happy to see it go.

Since the OP is too long, I had to outsource some information in separate posts. Following, one finds special moments of Jason Todd and:

Bruce Wayne/Batman
    Jason's adoptive father, Jason and Bruce have a very complicated relationship with ups and downs

special moments:

• Batman #408 - Jason tries to steal the tyres of the batmobile, gets caught and adopted by Batman (post-crisis introduction of Jason)
    • Batman #426–429 - Bruce can't save Jason, Jason is killed by the Joker (Death in the family, death in #428)
    • Batman #635-641, 645-650, Annual #25 - Jason returns as the Red Hood (Batman: Under the Hood)

"I know I failed you. But ... I tried to save you, Jason. I'm ... I'm trying to save you now."
      Bruce Wayne (Batman #650)

• Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 [2011-2015] - small flashback of Robin Jason being sick, Batman and Robin take a night off
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws #18 [2011-2015] - Jason recovers at the manor from Joker's attack, Bruce and Jason hug

"Jason, it's time - it's time to come back home. For Good."
      Bruce Wayne (Red Hood and the Outlaws #18 [2011-2015])

• Red Hood/Arsenal #5 - Jason visits an amnesic Bruce who works in a youth center, Bruce and Jason hug

"Bruce Wayne is alive. That's all that really matters."
      Jason Todd (Red Hood/Arsenal #5)

• Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth - Bruce and Jason make a deal that Jason can stay and operate in Gotham if he doesn't kill

"My city. My rules. You get one strike, Jason. If I think for an instant you're in too deep - I'm pulling you out. If you take one life - for whatever reason ... I'm coming for you."
      Bruce Wayne (Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth)

• Red Hood and the Outlaws #25 [2016 - ] - Bruce and Jason fight (okay, Bruce fights; Jason is more of a punching bag) after Jason has "killed" Penguin

”No more jokes, Jason. No more excuses. No more RED HOOD!"
      Bruce Wayne (Red Hood and the Outlaws #25 [2016 - ])

• Red Hood and the Outlaws #27 [2016 - ] - Bruce tells Jason about Roy's death, Jason isn't allowed to return to Gotham, Bruce and Jason hug

Alfred Pennyworth
    the Wayne-butler and grandfather-figure to all Robins

special moments:

• Batman #410 - Alfred is worried about the safety of the new Robin
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws #18 [2011 - 2015] - Alfred cares for Jason, who was attacked by the Joker

"Come back to us, you prince of Gotham."
      Alfred Pennyworth (Red Hood and the Outlaws #18 [2011-2015])

• Red Hood and the Outlaws #7 [2016 - ] - Jason asks Alfred if he was a disappointment to Bruce
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws #21 [2016 - ] - Jason talks to Alfred about his vigilante worries
    • Teen Titans #26 [2016 - ] - Alfred defends Jason
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-26-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Maybe a little slash-y but still a beautiful fanart. (And I love how fast some artists react to new information/appearances)

(source)

Found some cool League of Assassins Jason fanart on tumblr. The artwork is from 2016 and was re-posted because of the reveal in Young Justice. But the artist states in the tags that they will do a new artwork. So I'm excited. (Source)

The floodgates have opened

kittynomore

kirantic

teaitis