Page 18 of 285 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Woow so many!!!

I wonder what personality he will get. We never got to know him as Robin in the show, and now that he's a zombie, it's going to be hard to get the gist to it. Could be the fanfictiony / Morrisoon angry, overdramatic and loud take; the hurt, melancholic and conflicting but still provocative and playfull and often reserved from Winnick and Lobdell, or something new and different.

As long as the Man Josh voices him, its all good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

There is already a short fanfic using the reveal in Young Justice:

Gray...son? by Qais

And completely unrelated, I just found this artwork which was drawn in 2016 but I still want to share it in case not everyone knows it. (source)

Extraordinary Member

I'm currently hearing an old German Batman Audio Play Series from the late 80s that is kind of a continuation of Batman '89. The first episode is Basically a retelling of the movie with that Joker survives the fall from the the cathedral in the end.
    I used to own olny the second episode as a kid, and just came across all 9 episodes.

I'm currently at Episode 3 "Die Schüler des Verbrechens" (= the pupils of crime) , and that Episode is basically a retelling of Jason's origin story, the only big differences are that crime school is not run by Ma Gunn but by "Bob the Goon" (at behalf of the Joker who needed new henchmen) and that Jason doesn't become Robin and is in the end of the Episode taken in by Commissioner Gordon (I have to see if Jason will pop up in later episodes but I doubt it).

Also it seems like his parents are still alive, his father is in prison and he says something like his mother is living 300 miles away.

Blonde!Undercover!Jason by tanekore. (and a dark haired variant) (source)

All these are beautiful @Sergard.

On another note, I can't wait until Jason's visor starts emoting.

Artworks were posted in December but haven't been shared in the old thread. So I hope it's okay when I post them now.

source

Since the OP is too long, I had to outsource some information in separate posts. Following, one finds special moments of Jason Todd and:

the Todd family

• Willis Todd/Solitary - Jason's father who is presumed dead but who is actually very alive. The story of his return is closely connected with two other names: Solitary and the second Wingman (The first Wingman was Jason Todd in Batman Incorporated).
      special moments:
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #19 [2016 - ] - introduction of Solitary
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #23 [2016 - ] - Jason reads Willis' letters sent from prison years ago for the first time
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #25 [2016 - ] - Ma Gunn recognizes her son Willis
      • Red Hood: Outlaw #30 [2016 - ] - Jason and Solitary finally meet

"So this is Gotham. Your Home. You're gonna be everything I never was. A damned Prince of Gotham. I'm gonna keep you safe. Be a dad you can look up to."
      Willis Todd (Red Hood and the Outlaws #23 [2016 - ])

• Catherine Todd - Jason's mother, presumed dead (but who knows, the Todd family isn't known for staying dead.)
      special moments:
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #23 [2016 - ] - appears in flashbacks (Willis' letters) only

• Faye Gunn/Ma Gunn - Willis' mother and Jason's grandmother that he doesn't know about
      special moments:
      • Batman #408-409 - first appearance
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #1 [2016 - ] - re-introduction of Ma Gunn in current continuity
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #12 [2016 - ] - Ma Gunn takes care of a weakened Bizarro and finds Willis' letters
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #25 [2016 - ] - Ma Gunn meets her son Willis after years of separation

"I deserve my fate. I'll be fine. I've grown accustomed to the dark."
    Ma Gunn (Red Hood and the Outlaws #25 [2016 - ])
    • Faye Gunn - Jason's cousin
      special moments:
      • Red Hood and the Outlaws #21-22 [2016 - ] - introduction

"I'm just trying to understand what she sees in you. She seems to think you're special."
    Faye Gunn to Jason Todd about Ma Gunn (Red Hood and the Outlaws #22 [2016 - ])
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-31-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I guess it was because it was the frist time they had an adult Jason in the comics. And Hush is a pretty popular story arc.

I'm actually wandering more why it never caught on in the comics, the white streak seems pretty popular among fans and is quit iconic.
    That makes sense. I wonder if the animated movie that has (I think) been announced will have a white-streaked Jason then.

Based on the responses you got for why the white streak never caught on, I can sorta see why it didn't, but a part of me kinda wish it did, probably because of all the fanart I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    2) Jason looked too old with the white streak

I'm indifferent about the white streak. Some fan artworks make it look really cool. And in comics it's more the artstyle of the artist that dictates how old Jason looks than the white streak.
    This part is interesting to me. I could've sworn I've seen, either from when I used to lurk on these boards and/or the Jason tag on tumblr, that Jason tends to get drawn much older than he should be. is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason in general was a continuity and writing mess since his resurrection and up to the N52. Unlike say, Bucky, there was no real plans or ideas for Jason's resurrection. Winnick simply thought it would be neat to have him as a one off villain. When turned out fans loved him, then was when he scrambled to justify his return, clumsily retconnig Hush and tying the whole thing to IC.

Afterwards, Jason was used as writers saw fit without caring about keeping his character consistent and often, just for sheer shock value.

When Countdown happened, it seemed like editorial had decided on a direction for him, but between the poor reception and Morrison doing things his way, they backpedaled hard at the end to undo all work on Jason and push him under the rug again.

After that, Daniels decided to turn Jason into Dick's Joker but luckily, that didn't panned out either. Finally, with the animated movie being a big success and the reboot looming into the horizon, editorial was able to find a direction for Jason and stick to it until now.

That said, I never liked the white streak, is sort of a generic characteristic for "badass and brooding" characters and there was nothing justifying its existence in the comics (unlike Parallax's streak) so I was happy to see it go.
    Thank you for this in-depth explanation!