Page 269 of 285 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4267
  1. #4021
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,120

    Default

    Yo can those cover artists calm down a bit with the muscles? I like buff Jason but dang.

  2. #4022
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yo can those cover artists calm down a bit with the muscles? I like buff Jason but dang.
    He may have left his pistols behind, but with arms like that, I guess he still had his 'guns' XD

    I'm surprised he hadn't flexed and torn several jackets by now Haha

  3. #4023
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yo can those cover artists calm down a bit with the muscles? I like buff Jason but dang.
    Yeah. I'm not a fan either, but what can we do?
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  4. #4024
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I just hope it's not an overly "angsty" story that puts more blame on Jason for his own death. I'm tired of those, and will never sit me right. So far, Winick was just the right side of the line. I hope he stays that side :/.

    (Sorry for the doubleposting, I'm on my tablet arriving home)

    Edit: at home, finally.
    I want to also comment, that I think that it's going to be a story about Jason in his Robin's days. I suspect all the stories, or most of them, are going to be actual "Robin" stories. Mostly, because Steph is listed. Which is weird, because she hasn't been one in our current continuity, even if she knows she was in some other timeline. So maybe the current timeline will be "corrected" by them.

    By the way: Jason and children, at this point, is starting to be some sort of a continuity thing. We had the bit about children in Under the Hood, the other bit about that children trafficker in Lost Days (probably the murdering that caused most impact for me), Scarlet during Morrison's Dickbats, and then these teenager and to certain extent, Bizarro. And now, Taylor. And there's a ton of fanfics that toy with that trope, too. I'm starting to see some pattern.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-13-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  5. #4025
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I want to also comment, that I think that it's going to be a story about Jason in his Robin's days. I suspect all the stories, or most of them, are going to be actual "Robin" stories. Mostly, because Steph is listed. Which is weird, because she hasn't been one in our current continuity, even if she knows she was in some other timeline. So maybe the current timeline will be "corrected" by them.

    By the way: Jason and children, at this point, is starting to be some sort of a continuity nod. We had the thing about children in Under the Hood, the other bit about that children trafficker in Lost Days (probably the murdering that caused most impact for me), Scarlet during Morrison's Dickbats, and then these teenager and to certain extent, Bizarro. And now, Taylor. And there's a ton of fanfics that toy with that trope, too. I'm starting to see some pattern.
    I was hoping for Robin stories for them all, but Seeley and King mention that they are creating a 'Grayson' story for this book, which could indicate that the writers aren't restricted to only Robin stories.

    Also to add to that list, don't forget the child labour sweat shop from Batman Eternal #18. Kate and Babs are there too, but Jason is the only one that gets a distinct reaction from seeing the kids.






    EDIT: ooh also, this one isn't really as strong of an example, BUT, around the very beginning of Rebirth, when Ma Gunn revealed that her school for boys was torched down and was meant to have the children inside (and only didn't out of sheer luck) that's the moment Jason claimed he wanted to kill Roman and that kinda became a driving force that made Jason throw himself into the investigation of Black Mask.

    Last edited by RedBird; 12-13-2019 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #4026
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I was hoping for Robin stories for them all, but Seeley and King mention that they are creating a 'Grayson' story for this book, which could indicate that the writers aren't restricted to only Robin stories.

    Also to add to that list, don't forget the child labour sweat shop from Batman Eternal #18. Kate and Babs are there too, but Jason is the only one that gets a distinct reaction from seeing the kids.



    I missed that one. I had some vague memories of there being a few during New 52, but I couldn't remember any of them.

    Didn't knwo about the one from King and Seeley being a Grayson story. I guess that opens the desk of cards, yeah.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  7. #4027
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Will there be more than one Jason story in the Robin 80th Anniversary?

  8. #4028
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Doubt it, but I’m just glad we’re even getting one at all.

  9. #4029
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Will there be more than one Jason story in the Robin 80th Anniversary?
    It's Dick's actual anniversary, so I guess he will have more than the other four. Also, it's going to be featuring 5 main characters, so I wouldn't count with more than one for each character. Maybe Damian get's two, at least, what with being the current Robin. How many stories could have the whole special? And how many writers? I guess we can play a guessing game.

    More or less confirmed.
    • Winick for Jason.
    • Seeley and King for Dick. Grayson era, it seems. These two go with Janin, I guess.


    And now, some guessing:
    • Marv Wolfman and Tom Grummett, it's maybe an easy one for Dick? It would fit, one for Dick as Robin, I guess.
    • Chuck Dixon could be either Dick, or Tim, or both. I would prefer Tim honestly. By the announcement, it seems that the penciler paired with him is Scott McDaniel. Maybe it's Dick as Nightwing.
    • Tomasi and Jurgens, I guess these two are pretty clear Damian's team.
    • Devin Grayson, I have no idea. I don't think they will give her another Dick story, so maybe she's the one for Steph. No idea, honestly.
    • James Tynion IV is going to be Timmy's, I think that one's a safe bet.
    • Norm Rapmund, no idea.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  10. #4030
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Doubt it, but Im just glad were even getting one at all.
    Yeah, my guess is its either gonna be majority Dick stories OR majority Dick and Damian stories, first robin and current Robin.

    With only 100 pages between 5 characters, I wouldn't expect more than one story for Jason at this stage.

  11. #4031
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah, my guess is its either gonna be majority Dick stories OR majority Dick and Damian stories, first robin and current Robin.

    With only 100 pages between 5 characters, I wouldn't expect more than one story for Jason at this stage.
    We have seven (well, technically, eight) writers. So, unless there are more team ups for the script, I guess that's the number of stories that issue is going to give us.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-13-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: I can't count for my life
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  12. #4032
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,852

    Default

    - With Dixon, an team up of Tim and Dick would be great, he wrote both for a really long time, but he is also created Stephanie Brown
    - Wolfman could also be Tim, he created him after all, but Dick seems more likely
    - Devin Grayson is very likely Dick, she doesn't have much of a history with any other Robin

  13. #4033
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    - With Dixon, an team up of Tim and Dick would be great, he wrote both for a really long time, but he is also created Stephanie Brown
    - Wolfman could also be Tim, he created him after all, but Dick seems more likely
    - Devin Grayson is very likely Dick, she doesn't have much of a history with any other Robin
    1. Could be the case, it didn't occurred to me, but it would make sense.
    2. Mmm, I still think Dixon is more likely for Tim than Wolfman.
    3. I know, but, unless Tynion is writing Steph (which, to be honest, isn't unlikely. Now that I think about it, it could be the case), I don't know where to put her.

    Buuuuut, if we put Tynion in Steph, and Dixon (or Wolfman, like you pointed out) in Tim, that could open the place for Grayson in Dick.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  14. #4034
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    1. Could be the case, it didn't occurred to me, but it would make sense.
    2. Mmm, I still think Dixon is more likely for Tim than Wolfman.
    3. I know, but, unless Tynion is writing Steph (which, to be honest, isn't unlikely. Now that I think about it, it could be the case), I don't know where to put her.

    Buuuuut, if we put Tynion in Steph, and Dixon (or Wolfman, like you pointed out) in Tim, that could open the place for Grayson in Dick.
    In fact, Chuck Dixon seems to have a strong attachment to Stephanie (to the point he won't read stories about her by other writers). So, I think it is possible he will write the story about Stephanie.

  15. #4035
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, Chuck Dixon seems to have a strong attachment to Stephanie (to the point he won't read stories about her by other writers). So, I think it is possible he will write the story about Stephanie.
    I see. I didn't know that.
    Ah, so many factors. I wonder when we will know more.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •