Page 167 of 285 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4267

Here's a good portion of the story. Found on Tumblr.

That last page always gets me

I wonder if this was published here. The art is nice, and I like the voices in the characters and the narration. In fact it reminds me of someone's style. Who wrote that issue?

Edit: nevermind, I already found it. Yeah, it makes sense.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-05-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I wonder if this was published here. The art is nice, and I like the voices in the characters and the narration. In fact it reminds me of someone's style. Who wrote that issue?

Edit: nevermind, I already found it. Yeah, it makes sense.
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I found the images on tumblr is all.

This particular Jason story from 'Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #100, is only a short backup story, and I believe it's written by James Robinson. The main story in the issue, which is a retelling of Dicks origins is written by Dennis O'Neil.

If you don't mind me asking, whose style did the writing remind you of?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I found the images on tumblr is all.

This particular Jason story from 'Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #100, is only a short backup story, and I believe it's written by James Robinson. The main story in the issue, which is a retelling of Dicks origins is written by Dennis O'Neil.

If you don't mind me asking, whose style did the writing remind you of?
    Nothing specific, some writer from the 80's but I couldn't place the name either. I was wondering who they could be, given that the issue was more "recent" than that time. Knowing now that it was not the writer, for the main story, now I guess it doesn't make sense anymore. But hey, the guy can really dial that pulpy-but-poetic/dramatic style from the late 70's- early 80's I found in works like Moench or, well, O'Neil.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-05-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Thanks for the quick answer!

I always loved that page so is great to finally know where it comes from.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

More #jayjaychallenge

uth69

LullabyDance

CoffeYorky

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    More #jayjaychallenge

uth69

LullabyDance

CoffeYorky

Oh, so good. I ended up doing nothing, I busied myself writing (I've gotten some inspiration and motivation) this weekend and lacked any time to spare drawing. But I still hold my idea for that art close; so it's a matter of time. It was a pre-Crisis blond Jason falling snd disolving into a post-Crisis Jason who was rising from the ground. I guess, now that I'm in no hurry, I'll use my markers. Eventually. Same as my shinsengumy Dick and my samurai Jason, hmmm... Too much stuff in my "to do" list, argh.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Here's a good portion of the story. Found on Tumblr.

This looks like Lee Weeks work, it looks pretty good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

nockuth

Angi-Pants (sneak peek, part of the BatFam Fashion Zine "Gotham Bold")

The trailer for the second season of Titans has appeared in the middle of the night without fanfare. Curran Walters as Jason figures prominently, and delivers what will probably be the iconic quote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...uce-wayne/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    The trailer for the second season of Titans has appeared in the middle of the night without fanfare. Curran Walters as Jason figures prominently, and delivers what will probably be the iconic quote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...uce-wayne/amp/
    Hihi.
    Curran Walters is doing a great job as Robin Jason Todd.
    Bruce sounds ... not like your average American. I wonder how dialogues between him and Jason look like.

JH

Incredible Member

You know, I gotta admit that I haven't gotten around to reading much of Jason's time as Robin, so I can't compare. But just by going with the Red Hood Jason, Curran is pretty much spot on for how I would imagine the young Jason to be. I think he's doing a great job and was one of the highlights of season 1. I'm not so keen on the police brutality though, but considering how violent Dick is they had to make him a bit more extreme I guess.

Come to think about it, apart from Dick, all the "guest heroes" were far more interesting than the main cast in the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    You know, I gotta admit that I haven't gotten around to reading much of Jason's time as Robin, so I can't compare. But just by going with the Red Hood Jason, Curran is pretty much spot on for how I would imagine the young Jason to be. I think he's doing a great job and was one of the highlights of season 1. I'm not so keen on the police brutality though, but considering how violent Dick is they had to make him a bit more extreme I guess.

Come to think about it, apart from Dick, all the "guest heroes" were far more interesting than the main cast in the first season.
    Heh, those were almost my own words when I watched his episode last season.

It's not really like Jason was when he was Robin, in my opinion. But at least, he does love fun, is bold, outspoken, and seems energetic (he wasn't overly energetic in the comics, but he definitely was as far as I know. This Jason seems restless). I'm going to guess he's going to be pretty empathetic too, because he needs a reason to be angry, and if they're going to go with Dick being angry because personal issues, they're probably going with Jason being angry because injustice in the world (his own share as well, I guess, even if that has never being a thing in the comics. Well, besides Bruce not punishing the Joker with death. But whatever). Jason wasn't a hothead in the comics, or really wasn't that angry and violent (and this Jason is being painted that way so far). But this is the DCUniverse take, and even Dick is quite dark and grim: so it really doesn't matter.

I liked the character for the show itself, and I'm looking forward to what they will do this new season.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-06-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Cryptic answer from Tom Taylor about the status of Jason in DCeased.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...09183025524736