Page 241 of 285 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

David Messina

...ready for the fight!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    If you already like Flash and wanna read for Barry then go for it, but I will admit the title is hard to recommend if you're just in it for August. He is prominently at the beginning arc and then speckled through the title at only a couple of various points. Suffice to say, he is not in the title enough to justify the purchase of like a 80+ comic series, (unless of course you can get a friends copy or a copy from your local library). That being said, if you do happen to read the first arc and decide you want to see more content just for August, I believe I made a list whilst reading of which issues he specifically appeared in. I'm happy to let you know once I find it XD

If you're just wondering why I am more so convinced of August as a candidate, as I had mentioned in the previous post, I just really warmed to his personality and whilst he is shown to be very remorseful, his backstory doesn't shy away from the awful crimes he commits, it doesn't 'soften the blow' as much, so to speak.
    Nah, libraries here only purchase trades and hardcovers. Even worst: mostly only hardcovers. Trades are also the standard for most comics nowadays. So, unless I read digital—like I do with a (very) few each month—, my way of adding comic books to my shelves is when they're collected into trades.

I read this Rebirth Flash until just when the whole arc with August turning bad was about to end, and dropped the book (which means that my memories of him are that he was pretty much without redeemable qualities). The book kind of bored me and I've only glanced a few bits since then. I like Flash; but to be honest, Williamson's way of writing isn't for me* in that book, and I'm not really interested in Barry. I'm a Wally fan though. But if they ended doing something with August that wasn't turning him in another policeman that went evil, I dunno; I'm a sucker for stories about redemption when their characters are shown remorseful.

But for what you say, they really didn't do* a lot with him, so, eh... Maybe I'll wait more, and ask someone whenever I do decide to read it (edit: It's Flash: eventually, someone is going to have those).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-06-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Nah, libraries here only purchase trades and hardcovers. Even worst: mostly only hardcovers. Trades are also the standard for most comics nowadays. So, unless I read digital—like I do with a (very) few each month—, my way of adding comic books to my shelves is when they're collected into trades.

I read this Rebirth Flash until just when the whole arc with August turning bad was about to end, and dropped the book (which means that my memories of him are that he was pretty much without redeemable qualities). The book kind of bored me and I've only glanced a few bits since then. I like Flash; but to be honest, Williamson's way of writing isn't for me me in that book, and I'm not really interested in Barry. I'm a Wally fan though. But if they ended doing something with August that wasn't turning him in another policeman that went evil, I dunno; I'm a sucker for stories about redemption when their characters are shown remorseful.

But for what you say, they really didn't do* a lot with him, so, eh... Maybe I'll wait more, and ask someone whenever I do decide to read it.
    Yeah if you're not a fan of Williamson's writing or of Barry, then I agree, I wouldn't bother with the title. But, if anything prominent for August comes up, I'll let you know, especially any redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah if you're not a fan of Williamson's writing or of Barry, then I agree, I wouldn't bother with the title. But, if anything prominent for August comes up, I'll let you know, especially any redemption.
    Oh, that'd be nice. Thanks a lot!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    David Messina

...ready for the fight!

Hi Zangief.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Hi Zangief.
    Bizarro, you are Bad Guy, but this does not mean you are bad guy

XD

Hi Zangief.
    Oh.
    OH.

I can't believe I didn't see that before. Soooo... SF, MK... Artemis for Soul Calibur?Because the axe, I mean.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I love that N52 and Rebirth have become Jason's go-to appearances in fanart, marketing, and guest appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Oooooooh I like this one, I like it a lot

The artists style is really nice.

Also, it kinda looks like a semi realistic depiction of Dexter Soy's Jason.

I love that N52 and Rebirth have become Jason's go-to appearances in fanart, marketing, and guest appearances.
    Only real difference; the fanart STILL wants the white streak. lol

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Post FP Jason has almost completely became the version of Jason in all ways except the hair. Fan artists got a vice grip on that white streak and it doesn’t seem like it’ll loosen up anytime soon.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 11-07-2019 at 04:52 PM.