Page 138 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Decided to read some old post Crisis/Pre FP Red Hood stuff and I forgot how bad some of it was, especially his later appearances.
    I think I could rant for hours about how Jason was editorially mistreated after Batman: Under the Hood, especially when compared to Dick, Tim and Damian.
    Looking on the bright side: There isn't much to catch up for new fans. Basically everything between BUtH and New52 can be ignored. Countdown is also interesting, but Donna, Kyle and Jason can't remember their little adventure together. So it's not necessary to know the story for the current universe. And even then Rebirth is an even better starting point than New52, but that's just my own opinion because I adore Artemis and Bizarro.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I think I could rant for hours about how Jason was editorially mistreated after Batman: Under the Hood, especially when compared to Dick, Tim and Damian.
    Looking on the bright side: There isn't much to catch up for new fans. Basically everything between BUtH and New52 can be ignored. Countdown is also interesting, but Donna, Kyle and Jason can't remember their little adventure together. So it's not necessary to know the story for the current universe. And even then Rebirth is an even better starting point than New52, but that's just my own opinion because I adore Artemis and Bizarro.
    It's definitely a better starting point. Where Rebirth Jason start as someone who fights the Gotham underworld, his origin recap, and the book's visual style fits better with the idea of Jason both in fandom and as established by Under The Red Hood.

New 52 Red Hood is more like Titans. You got sci-fi, bros being bros, aliens, outer space adventures, demons, it's too... out there compared to how Under The Red Hood defined Jason, and that's before they remade Jason's origin into something outrageous.

It's not what I expected a Jason Todd story goes compared to the image I have about him from pop culture osmosis. Even with the addition of superpowered characters that New 52 Outlaws also have, The Rebirth version fits that tone better.

Extraordinary Member

Appart from UtRH the only stuuff worth reading from pre flashpoint are imo, his guest appearances in Green Arrow and Outlaws (even if the later is pretty short), Lost Days and to a degree Count Down.

Count Down is a pretty crappy story (and superlong) but it has few nice moments with Jason, even if the best stuff is probably the first few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Appart from UtRH the only stuuff worth reading from pre flashpoint are imo, his guest appearances in Green Arrow and Outlaws (even if the later is pretty short), Lost Days and to a degree Count Down.

Count Down is a pretty crappy story (and superlong) but it has few nice moments with Jason, even if the best stuff is probably the first few issues.
    Him and Donna talking cordially was pretty good. Both talking about how they died and came back, plus the two became friends back in NTT. So, Jason isn't really hostile to her. Especially compared to the Bats at the time.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I mean, Rebirth Jason wouldn't exist without N52 Jason and DC You Jason. Luckily for us, he has been one of the few characters in the DCU to have a consistent development over the years that have stuck. N52 took UtRH as starting point so it makes more sense to go from there to N52 than going into Rebirth.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I mean, Rebirth Jason wouldn't exist without N52 Jason and DC You Jason. Luckily for us, he has been one of the few characters in the DCU to have a consistent development over the years that have stuck. N52 took UtRH as starting point so it makes more sense to go from there to N52 than going into Rebirth.
    Especially since his relationship with Bruce is in a completely different place in the beginning of Rebirth than it was at the end of UTH so New 52/DC You helps ease that transition.

Dexter Soy has posted some interesting Batman design (part 1 and part 2) on Twitter. It's probably Bruce Wayne, but I still feel it's a little Red Hood inspired.

Not a fan of the chin lamp and the teeth, but I like that the logo was moved from the chest to the face and that the mouth is covered. Overall, the design looks pretty unique.

Paz

Paz

Paz

spoilers:
    I miss Slade. Why are so many characters that I like dying left and right?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-10-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Bottom one looks hilariously OOC it's awesome.

More Slade Wilson and Arkham Knight Jason Todd by Paz:

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

May numbers are out

> 117. RED HOOD OUTLAW #34 (DC) - 18,984 [117]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    May numbers are out

> 117. RED HOOD OUTLAW #34 (DC) - 18,984 [117]
    Well, back to the usual. April was a fluke, I guess.