Page 161 of 285 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4267

Editorial may not be interested in the white streak, but a lot of the fandom is (most fanfics, for instance, include the white streak).

And glad to see him looking to expand the roster outside of the core 3. Not entirely sure who would be added, but there's a lot of potential.

Also good to see when we can expect to see more of Biz and Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

Red Hood talk starts at 47:45ish mark

Notable highlights. Spoilers for upcoming issues below.
    • He has material up to issue 50 planned. He'll start working on what comes next around issue 47ish
    • Expanding the Outlaws
      - has wanted to do it for years but always gets reeled back in
      - From issue 43 to 50, he's planning/hoping to temporarily expand the outlaws beyond the core 3
    • Details on the Biz and Artemis's status
      - The journey home lasts on the annual + the subplot for 3 issues
      - after that, they have a proper reunion (so it should happen in issue 40)
    • Lobdell pitched a story about Chesire finding Roy's body and throwing him in the Lazrus pit. Was based on the idea of them being the Bonnie and Clyde of the DCU. Reception was mixed.
    • Lobdell plans to stay on the book until it's no longer fun anymore
    • Never wants the Outlaw book to feel like its expected to be limited to one specific thing (Can only do street level stuff or space stuff, etc.)
    • YOTV
      - Jason's main focus is to keep the kids alive. Doesn't care if they are gonna be heroes or villain
      - 5 of the 6 kids he's training are OC
      - He gave some background info on 2 of them (DNA and Ba(b?)e in arms)
    • Lobdell's not allowed to comment on Jason's involvement in Event: Leviathan
    • The book's title is going back to RHATO soon
    • Editorial isn't interested in the white streak.
    Well, I guess I guessed some things right for once! I meant about when Art and Biz will come back. But that one was easy, just by looking at the latest solicits. So, gueeeeez, not much of a Sherlock I am ;___D.

Nice to hear that he wants to stay in the book as far as he's having fun. It means that, so far, he's nott writing just because it's only a job. Motivation is important.

Nice to hear, too, that he wants the book to be varied: that way the book dosen't stay stale, at risk of being cancelled because he runs out of ideas for certain themes or there is no other writer that can come with a good one. On the other hand, certain fans won't like it, because they really, really want the book to focus in a kind of stories alone (street level ones). I think, with the potential Jason bears with himself, it's like asking for Cap America to only have spy stories, for example (I know there is not real comparition in their popularity, but Cap, too, is a character that allows a lot of different genres). A true pulp hero lives a varied range of adventures, and Jason feels like on at his core. Touching different genres would fin his nature. But maybe making the change of to be more spaced would help too.

Him having material prepared up to issue 50 gives me hope in the book not being cancelled for a while.

So it's not a straigh Thunderbolts-esque situatikn with the kids. But Jason caring for kids. Ok, I like it too.
    A pity about the white streak, but well, not really a problem. They probably don't want him to look old: his design for Mother Panic had it I think, but he was older too.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Some fun artwork from 2013 by vaneda vireak

second part

third and final part

More from sferiolla

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

Red Hood talk starts at 47:45ish mark

Notable highlights. Spoilers for upcoming issues below.
    • He has material up to issue 50 planned. He'll start working on what comes next around issue 47ish
    • Expanding the Outlaws
      - has wanted to do it for years but always gets reeled back in
      - From issue 43 to 50, he's planning/hoping to temporarily expand the outlaws beyond the core 3
    • Details on the Biz and Artemis's status
      - The journey home lasts on the annual + the subplot for 3 issues
      - after that, they have a proper reunion (so it should happen in issue 40)
    • Lobdell pitched a story about Chesire finding Roy's body and throwing him in the Lazrus pit. Was based on the idea of them being the Bonnie and Clyde of the DCU. Reception was mixed.
    • Lobdell plans to stay on the book until it's no longer fun anymore
    • Never wants the Outlaw book to feel like its expected to be limited to one specific thing (Can only do street level stuff or space stuff, etc.)
    • YOTV
      - Jason's main focus is to keep the kids alive. Doesn't care if they are gonna be heroes or villain
      - 5 of the 6 kids he's training are OC
      - He gave some background info on 2 of them (DNA and Ba(b?)e in arms)
    • Lobdell's not allowed to comment on Jason's involvement in Event: Leviathan
    • The book's title is going back to RHATO soon
    • Editorial isn't interested in the white streak.
    Maybe I read too much into the fact that Lobdell even pitched a story about Roy's resurrection but doesn't that indicate that DC has no plans to bring Roy and the other HiC victims back?
    Otherwise there wouldn't have been any need for Lobdell to pitch something in the first place (I don't like the pitch. I thought Lobdell would somehow use Godspeed). And based on that, Roy probably isn't Leviathan either.

I'd like to hear the reasoning of editorial why they aren't interested in the white streak. And don't tell me that Jason looks too old with it. It's the artist's fault if Jason looks too old and not the fault of the white streak.

Expanding the Outlaws is fine for me, but I'm also glad that Lobdell was "reeled back in" when he tried to add the Creeper. Creeper looks like the Joker - and I don't want someone like that around Jason all the time. There are enough other DC characters that better fit the team and the overall theme of a family of misfits/outcasts.

Who's the sixth kid? RH:O #37 only shows five kids (including the baby) and #38 also only mentions Reiser/Doomed and "DNA, Cloud Nine, Devour and the enigmatic Babe in Arms". Am I missing someone?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Speaking of expanding the Outlaws, who do y’all think and who do y’all want added to the team?

Right off the bat, both Roy & Kori are both unlikely since Roy is dead and Editorial won’t let Lobdell use Starfire while she’s in JL:O.

Maybe Leviathan is Jason after all, from another universe.

Honestly, I don't know who could be at this point. It they're not Roy, who seems to be a pretty clear suspect, I'm open to anyone else being them. Someone who's connected to the bats and the arrows and also a bit to the supes somehow, and has been hurt by their association with them. I'm clueless.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Sam Lane?

Bendis seems to be under the impression he's freaking Nick Fury and not just Thunderbolt Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Sam Lane?

Bendis seems to be under the impression he's freaking Nick Fury and not just Thunderbolt Ross.
    He doesn't have the slightest link to Barbara, not even in a threedegree proximity. Hmmm... But at least, Lois and Clark role would made sense. Maybe it's someone from the future? And Bendis wants to link books (ha ha ha, yes, definitely, Lane is Ross, ha!). I don't know. Maybe it's a totally new OC, but I hope it's not.

In any case, eh, I guess we can drop this Earth Roy from the suspects list I guess.

Could be fun, too, if it's an arrow but a different one, like Connor. Him as suspect would have some weak points too, but he could be a nice surprise.

(I wasn't interested in this event, but darn it, I guess I cannot resist a mystery waiting to be solved)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-27-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Degrees and grades aren't the same, geeez

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@Sergard: Loved the "Family Photos" art. I love seeing things like this in fanart.

Also I don't think the fact that Lobdell pitched a Roy resurrection story automatically means that Roy can't be Leviathan. Nor do I believe that the reason Lobdell pitched the idea was because there are no plans in place to bring Roy back. This is comics we're talking about and the dead come back to life with alarming regularity these days so I personally find it unlikely that they will leave Roy dead for to long and actually his being Leviathan would return him to life in a big and very noticeable way. It could also be a case of Bendis just ignoring what's occurred with Roy in recent times and using him in this story without caring what happened beforehand. Bendis does have a habit of ignoring events in a characters history just to make them fit into whatever story he's telling. I guess we'll see what happens though. I could be totally off the mark with my assumptions.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-27-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

My guess for Leviathan is still "Titans of Tomorrow Tim".

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Do you think Artemis & Bizarro will stumble upon Ma Gunn during their journey home?