Page 221 of 285 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4267

Also I caught this whilst going back and forth between Rebirth and Post Crisis intro today

Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth issue #1

Batman issue #409

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Did New 52 Willis die? I think I remember Jason mentioned that Willis died in prison, and the one they fought for in Death of The Family is a body double.

The Rebirth Willis is a different character than New 52, right, not just physically different. He takes Jason to the Circus, I can't see New 52 Willis doing that.
    I don't know why you'd think that. The simple fact that the batarang shaped scar is a plot point is proof enough that N52 Willis and Rebirth are one and the same. the only thing is happening is Lobdell expanding his characterization.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 10-09-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I don't know why you'd think that. The simple fact that the batarang shaped scar is a plot point is proof enough that N52 Willis and Rebirth are one and the same. the only thing is happening is Lobdell expanding his characterization.
    Well, first of all, they're physically completely different including in flashback, and during the New 52 back story, I don't remember he did anything good to Jason.

When it's shown at the end of mob boss Jason arc, I just thought it's funny that Willis has a batman tattoo, I thought he's showing his support for Jason that way. I didn't think that it's supposed to be the same tattoo he got in the zero issue, because by that point, looking at how he looks and act I already consider him a different person.

Artists have never been consistent when drawing Jason's parents, Catherine looks different on pretty much every appearance with the only consistent element being her red hair. Now, issue zero didn't show Willis doing anything good but it never showed him doing anything bad either, the worst thing that it showed was arguing with Catherine. And it did make a point of showing that Willis was proud of Jason, something that has been a constant for him through his appearances.

And no, is not a tattoo, is a scar.

DC Universe has put another poll asking if Jason lives or Dies, seemingly related to Titans' cliffhanger.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll...d-live-or-die/

As always, the poll is US only, but so far Lives is winning.

Artists have never been consistent when drawing Jason's parents, Catherine looks different on pretty much every appearance with the only consistent element being her red hair.
    Heck even that wasn't consistent....

New52 Red Hood and the Outlaws #25

The only thing that has changed for Willis was that he assisted Catherine in birthing Jason in their bat tub as opposed to the hospital birth in issue #0.

All in all I agree, these new elements of Willis, such as him taking Jason to the circus and having some desire to provide an income are additions to his character rather than a retcon. Lobdell still displayed him as an abusive father/man regardless of any 'good intentions' and I don't think these actions negate one another.

DC Universe has put another poll asking if Jason lives or Dies, seemingly related to Titans' cliffhanger.

I cannot vote, so, I'm happy that people doesn't want to kill him, again ^______^.

Again? Jeez Louise

Thanks for the update though, I can't access the site myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I cannot vote, so, I'm happy that people doesn't want to kill him, again ^______^.
    That is nice, I mean, I'm sure it's not helped by the people who also want 'Red Hood' to show up in Titans and are happy to off Robin early to get there (it's the most frequent comments I see surrounding Jasons character). What happened to anticipation here folks? Ya gotta build up relationships before ya break em down XD.

Regardless though I don't know why people (who want that) are so convinced that Titans will even have a 'Red Hood' arc if Jason dies. This is Titans, not Batman, there's like several other characters with their own story lines here to adapt.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-10-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    New52 Red Hood and the Outlaws #25
    In my defense, I completely wiped out Tynion's run from my memory.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s pretty close at the moment but lives is still beating dies by 200ish votes
    Last edited by Arsenal; 10-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.

In my defense, I completely wiped out Tynion's run from my memory.
    That's fair

No judgement, it was more in support of the argument that the visual/artistic depiction of Willis and Catherine between new52 and rebirth was not an intentional differentiation to separate continuity, just different artists not paying attention.

This has actually been up like a week. The fact that it took anyone this long to notice says something about DCU
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Other than the All-Blades and his smartass-ery, has Jason shown any other meta abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Other than the All-Blades and his smartass-ery, has Jason shown any other meta abilities?
    Being really, really, really hard to kill counts? Because we've already speculated about that one, even if it's just probably to be expected that he will survive anything without a reason behind because... narrative reasons.