Page 146 of 285 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4267

@D J. Guy (MInd if I go with @Guy, for short?), don't worry. I wouldn't stress much about Reiser (or any other of them), not yet in any case. It seems to me that solicits tend to be overdramatic and lie a little bit; and besides, Lobdell could soft-rebooting the character a little bit for reintroduction.

I still think he's going to try some Thuderbolts-esque group with this, but with the teens being strainght antagonistic and gray. I don't know why, but it gives me that vibe.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-22-2019 at 06:46 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    @D J. Guy (MInd if I go with @Guy, for short?), don't worry. I wouldn't stress much about Reiser (or any other of them), not yet in any case. It seems to me that solicits tend to be overdramatic and lie a little bit; and besides, Lobdell could soft-rebooting the character a little bit for reintroduction.

I still think he's going to try some Thuderbolts-esque group with this, but with the teens being strainght antagonistic and gray. I don't know why, but it gives me that vibe.
    I agree. I think the teens here are going to be more gray and antagonistic rather than straight up evil. Sort of like Jason himself. I'm getting a "Jason trains these guys to be more than villains" vibe from this in all honesty. It feels very much like when Deathstroke asked Dick to train Rose back in the day. I could see Jason stealth teaching them to be, if not heroes, then at least something closer to anti-heroes rather than a straight up villains. We have to remember that Jason doesn't ordinarily care for villains and other baddies either and has on various occasions wanted them dead. I'm guessing he's planning to undermine things from the inside and this is just a way for him to get closer to his goal.

Edit: I'm also very glad to see Reiser again. I loved Doomed and was sad when it was cancelled. I'm with JD in that I hope this is a way to push his story along as well although I'm not expecting it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-22-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’d b shocked if Jason doesn’t have some kind of hidden objective by agreeing to train the new kids, be it turn them into anti-heroes, get them somewhere safe or planning to turn them against the forces of Doom.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Maybe Reiser was negatively influenced by the collapse of the source wall, so that he loses control of his powers more often.
    The same is maybe true for Bunker's new black bricks - could be a positive power-up.
    All in all I agree with the others. Those kids don't look like villains. They maybe look a little rough but they also have to protect a little baby. And Jason doesn't look like the nice guy from next door in his MK outfit.

I'm starting my summer job next week, and will also finish some project, so I'll be able to return to the reading group regularly soon. I'll go with whatever you decide in the end .
    I put the thread on hiatus, at least for a week. End of June is a little stressful for me. But I'd like to continue in July. And maybe until then we have found a better schedule.

And on another note: I've read "The Back-up" (part of Batman Annual #12) yesterday. It's an eight-page story about Jason's school life.
    I didn't know that Jason had friends at school (Jason calls them friends in other panels). Were those three ever mentioned in other stories?
    And it seems like Jason would have liked to join drama club but didn't because Robin was more important.

Batman Annual 12 The Back-up Jason Todd.jpg

Astonishing Member

I guess that's fine. Although without the "J. D.", 'Guy' doesn't have as much character. Maybe try JD or J.D. or whathaveyou.

Perhaps I'm worrying over nothing, true, since it could just be solicit hype/exaggeration. It's just that I really enjoyed Lobdell's Doomed. I'm happy to see Reiser again under Lobdell, but I worry that the nuance he was setting up with the character will be lost in transition (accident or purposefully), since this is primarily Jason's story and isn't Reiser's . (Reimaginings/soft-reboots aren't uncommon, but Reiser is someone I feel just needs a reintroduction, and not so much a re-imagining/soft-reboot.)

I'm curious as to how a legit Thunderbolts analogue would work. (I wouldn't count Suicide Squad as one, personally.)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree. I think the teens here are going to be more gray and antagonistic rather than straight up evil. Sort of like Jason himself. I'm getting a "Jason trains these guys to be more than villains" vibe from this in all honesty. It feels very much like when Deathstroke asked Dick to train Rose back in the day. I could see Jason stealth teaching them to be, if not heroes, then at least something closer to anti-heroes rather than a straight up villains. We have to remember that Jason doesn't ordinarily care for villains and other baddies either and has on various occasions wanted them dead. I'm guessing he's planning to undermine things from the inside and this is just a way for him to get closer to his goal.

Edit: I'm also very glad to see Reiser again. I loved Doomed and was sad when it was cancelled. I'm with JD in that I hope this is a way to push his story along as well although I'm not expecting it.
    I generally expected that Jason'll be stealth-mentoring these youths into something more nuanced then a typical villain and more in like with himself as an Anti-Hero when I first heard of this arc. I'm just shocked to see Reiser among them, haven gone from getting acknowledgement from Superman to apparently being under Lex's purview.

Happy to see someone else who enjoyed Doomed. (Though I vaguely recall learning that from you a few years back, actually.) And yeah, again, I'd love this arc to be a way to stealth progress Reiser's story, as much of a, technically selfish, pipe dream that hope is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Maybe Reiser was negatively influenced by the collapse of the source wall, so that he loses control of his powers more often.
    The same is maybe true for Bunker's new black bricks - could be a positive power-up.
    All in all I agree with the others. Those kids don't look like villains. They maybe look a little rough but they also have to protect a little baby. And Jason doesn't look like the nice guy from next door in his MK outfit.
    Would be interesting, assuming Lobdell would want to go in that direction and reference the Source Wall's collapse.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-22-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

And I just really noticed Reiser's new Doomed design. Probably why I never even realized it was him in last month's RH:O solicits. The only reason I know it is him now is because the newest solicits refer to him by name.

Originally, Reiser's Doomed form was crimson red with radioactive green highlights like his hands, eyes, and acid. Now, he's this chalky gray color that makes him look more like Doomsday (though still with kryptonite-green highlights/contrasts). Before, he referenced Doomsday, but had a design that allowed him to be iconic to his own self.

Also, it's funny for anyone who's read Doomed, but it seems Reiser finally found some clothes that don't disinterested upon transformation! XD (He used to be naked whenever he transformed back, but now he's got some tailor-made, erosion-proof shorts w/belt.)

IMG]https://i.imgur.com/NkmqHD5.png[/IMG]

I'm looking forward to getting big brother and leader/mentor Jason in this little mini-arc with these teens. I'm all for Jason getting positive portrayals like this. Everyone always sites Dick as the "social one who everyone loves and respects", but that a trait all of Bruce's protege's come to develop over time, from Grayson all the way to Duke. I'm always for Jason getting to embrace that side of himself, in his own Antihero way.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-22-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I dig this artstyle a lot. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Nice! I guess these arm ribbons will stay loose most of the time in fanarts (and official arts if Yasmine Putri continues drawing RHATO covers).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And I just really noticed Reiser's new Doomed design. Probably why I never even realized it was him in last month's RH:O solicits. The only reason I know it is him now is because the newest solicits refer to him by name.

Originally, Reiser's Doomed form was crimson red with radioactive green highlights like his hands, eyes, and acid. Now, he's this chalky gray color that makes him look more like Doomsday (though still with kryptonite-green highlights/contrasts). Before, he referenced Doomsday, but had a design that allowed him to be iconic to his own self.

Also, it's funny for anyone who's read Doomed, but it seems Reiser finally found some clothes that don't disinterested upon transformation! XD (He used to be naked whenever he transformed back, but now he's got some tailor-made, erosion-proof shorts w/belt.)

IMG]https://i.imgur.com/NkmqHD5.png[/IMG]
    Oh hey, that's Doomsday pants. Same color and even has the cables. Ooh, that's why he's recolored. To fit classic Doomsday.

He also has a different expression. More evil. I only remember Doomed Doomed looking confused.

Yeah, the one from uth69 went over my head. Anyway;

44 seconds, some first and second Robin bonding. In its own way.

Mia