Page 214 of 285 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4267
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeeeeey! I think you're right.
    (I added a new one just when you posted. What do you think about that one?)
    Could be. I read the next one after "Birth of the Demon" as "Damian's born" but the only reason I think that is because under Final Crisis is "Damian debuts"

I can definitely see the "of"

But that sure fits 10 years and if we discount Damian's death for 1 year, he'll end up 13 in Rebirth anyway.

I honestly can't see anything in "Barbara Gordon debuts as Oracle" but it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Could be. I read the next one after "Birth of the Demon" as "Damian's born" but the only reason I think that is because under Final Crisis is "Damian debuts"

I can definitely see the "of"

But that sure fits 10 years and if we discount Damian's death for 1 year, he'll end up 13 in Rebirth anyway.

I honestly can't see anything in "Barbara Gordon debuts as Oracle" but it fits.
    The one about Damian's born, it could be; but I can't see much, to be honest. Sorry :/

I have news: the one about Batman returning in Year 12, is most probably "BARBARA RETURNS AS BATGIRL". Girl, not man, definitely. And the name fits too. So I guess we don't get Steph as Batgirl, but she was Robin instead. Weird.

EDIT: unless they're planning on making her Batgirl again and retire Barbara.

EDIT 2: yeah, the third one in the Year 10 place could be "BATWOMAN DEBUTS," I guess. Long name, a lot of stuff in the middle, which fits a WOM combo.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Didio posted the G4 bit on his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3NnS25B6Hx/

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

The one about Damian's born, it could be; but I can't see much, to be honest. Sorry :/

I have news: the one about Batman returning in Year 12, is most probably "BARBARA RETURNS AS BATGIRL". Girl, not man, definitely. And the name fits too. So I guess we don't get Steph as Batgirl, but she was Robin instead. Weird.

EDIT: unless they're planning on making her Batgirl again and retire Barbara.

EDIT 2: yeah, the third one in the Year 10 place could be "BATWOMAN DEBUTS," I guess. Long name, a lot of stuff in the middle, which fits a WOM combo.
    I was looking for when Barbara return as Batgirl again so I guess that's it. Much earlier than I thought.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Year 15 Dick Nightwing possibly Jason Robin
    Gen 3
    Year 2 Jason Todd murdered
    Year 4 Tim Drake Robin
    Who did this research, Tim becomes Robin (or at lest starts to train) in the same year Jason died. Even in real life there was barley a year between Jasons death and Tims origin story.

Jason&Artemiscosplay.jpg

A pretty good cosplay of Jason and Artemis that I found (was actually looking for fanart).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Who did this research, Tim becomes Robin (or at lest starts to train) in the same year Jason died. Even in real life there was barley a year between Jasons death and Tims origin story.
    Apparently, it's not a research, @Aahz. As far as I can understand the news, it's how they're outlining the past timeline for the current and next years continuity. It still is a draft, apparently, too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Dan Veesenmeyer

My FINAL New York Comic Con Sketch Commission completed.
    LEGO RED HOOD!
    Batman Family of crime fighters.
    As seen in the Lego DC Super Villains Video Game.

fadedwolf_artistry

Extraordinary Member

Apparently, it's not a research, @Aahz. As far as I can understand the news, it's how they're outlining the past timeline for the current and next years continuity. It still is a draft, apparently, too.
    But if they want to return to the time line that is closer to the original, why these changes.

The only reason I can see is that they will continue this wired trend of keeping Tim is his teens and ageing Jason up close to dicks generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But if they want to return to the time line that is closer to the original, why these changes.

The only reason I can see is that they will continue this wired trend of keeping Tim is his teens and ageing Jason up close to dicks generation.
    Why? Because it works better for the characters they're promoting, maybe.
    It ties them better, I guess.

I don't think they're letting Tim being a teen. In fact, I think they'll try to age him a little bit. In that timeline he has been a Robin a whole lot of time, so it will mean that he probably reached 18 when he changed from Robin to Red Robin, from year 4 to year 14.
    They're probably aging Jason a little bit too, and making him stay dead for a little more than originally. That depends on how long he has his Red Hood persona before he shows up officially in the timeline as such, in Year 10. That makes 8 years from his death.

I've put all I could learn from those Bleeding Cool readings and my own in this table for Generation 3 here, in case you want to glance throughout it.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

As some other users mentioned, it's not tying 1:1 year in the metaverse (?) with year in reality, and they're probably going to even short it more with whatever happened with the lost time that Manhattan's stolen. But I'm guessing that the gen 3 is pretty safe regarding how much time we see passing in that chart, and how much time actually passed in the comics. My best clue for that is Damian's age, because he seems to age 13 years from gen 3 up to our* current point in gen 4. I'm nominating COIE for the event that's going to help then de-aging characters and reassessing time.

They said that what we can see is still in the works, so, pfff. We will see next year, I guess. They could end even dropping the whole concept by then.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't think they're letting Tim being a teen. In fact, I think they'll try to age him a little bit. In that timeline he has been a Robin a whole lot of time, so it will mean that he probably reached 18 when he changed from Robin to Red Robin, from year 4 to year 14.
    They're probably aging Jason a little bit too, and making him stay dead for a little more than originally. That depends on how long he has his Red Hood persona before he shows up officially in the timeline as such, in Year 10. That makes 8 years from his death.

I've put all I could learn from those Bleeding Cool readings and my own in this table for Generation 3 here, in case you want to glance throughout it.

As some other users mentioned, it's not tying 1:1 year in the metaverse (?) with year in reality, and they're probably going to even short it more with whatever happened with the lost time that Manhattan's stolen. But I'm guessing that the gen 3 is pretty safe regarding how much time we see passing in that chart, and how much time actually passed in the comics. My best clue for that is Damian's age, because he seems to age 13 years from gen 3 up to out current point in gen 4. I'm nominating COIE for the event that's going to help then de-aging characters and reassessing time.

They said that what we can see is still in the works, so, pfff. We will see next year, I guess. They could end even dropping the whole concept by then.
    However, I think Flashpoint could de-age characters again. So, Tim could be a teenager again.

Of course, it would be contradictory with Damian being 13, but when that have stopped DC.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-05-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, I think Flashpoint could de-age characters again. So, Tim could be a teenager again.

Of course, it would be contradictory with Damian being 13, but when that have stopped DC.
    Let's give them some credit: they're doing this because they want a comprehensive and coherent timeline—or so we're mean to believe. It would be a very bad start if they make some characters de-aging after flashpoint, and not some others. And I could totally see them making current Dick a 30-few year older (if they deage him with COIE to his late teens). He would come across as a millennial, which seems to be what the wanted to do a while back, right?

I mean, if it were me, I would make the whole gen 3 only 10 or 12 years at most. But, eh, whatever.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 03:17 PM.

As some other users mentioned, it's not tying 1:1 year in the metaverse (?) with year in reality, and they're probably going to even short it more with whatever happened with the lost time that Manhattan's stolen. But I'm guessing that the gen 3 is pretty safe regarding how much time we see passing in that chart, and how much time actually passed in the comics. My best clue for that is Damian's age, because he seems to age 13 years from gen 3 up to out current point in gen 4. I'm nominating COIE for the event that's going to help then de-aging characters and reassessing time.

Oh if it's still in the works I'm gonna stop thinking about it. ^^
    I like dissecting and guessing it because I thought it's fixed and they only need to announce it.

I wonder if they're gauging reaction now. See how many people are interested.