Page 13 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Hello again. The Untiring Collector is coming back with a new list.

This time we are going under the theme and title: "Jason becomes his own man", which collects fics that deal with Jason moving on his life after coming back, or after almost dying or after whatever traumatic event has happened to him. He may have left superheroing (or being a bad guy), he may have abandoned his Red Hood alias, or he may have decided to do his own thing as the Red Hood, but away from Batman. I may put here some of the fics that deal with Jason reconnecting with his family, even if I plan to put them in another post too, because they do show Jason moving on.

Recommended by @Sergard or / and @Jackalope89:

Jason Todd - Collector of Strays, by @whatomen. On-going fanfic with over 60 chapters about Jason adopting animals and children while trying to avoid the batfamily.
    —Zaresh here. It's tagged under Mature, but I would say it's pretty safe for teens too. Average canon violence, no sexual content as far as I recall, not a lot of triggers either. It's mostly a mix of fluff, drama, mystery and, well, maybe romance, maybe not.

The Ties That Bind, by @trx (dxs).
    —Zaresh here. Teen audience, and so far, gen relationships. An amnesiac Jason that has work for the League dies again and Talia sends him far from them, to live a new life. He becomes a doctor in the UK, and several years later, Alfred finds him. And then the family he cannot remember starts to look for and reach him. This work is not finished at the time I'm writing this post, but it's regularly updated, and I guess it will be finished within this year.

Recommended by @Arsenal and @JasonTodd428:

From Now On, by @little_wayward_bird. "It's a great story about Jason moving on from all his sh*t and finding a good, happy life for himself in spite of all the trauma he's gone through."
    —Zaresh here. Teen audience, with canon typical violence. Jason reconnecting with his family, creating his own one, and falling in love with an original character. It's heavy in the romance, and could be taken as some soft thriller too. But it's, over all, a musical in text form. The writer clearly loves that genre and indulges themselves on it.

Autumn of Life, by @ofVellichor.
    —Zaresh here. General audiences, general relationships. Jason founds his own merc team and helps the JL, I think? I haven't read it yet, so I cannot say much more.

Jason Todd: The Not-So-Outlaw, by @GoAwayOlivia.
    —Zaresh here. This work is pretty good and entertaining: I highly recommend it as well. Mature audience, because it's a bit on the heavy side of violence in the last chapters. Jason comes back to Gotham after a very painful mission that uncovers his trauma to certain members of the JL, and starts making his own life outside the Batfamily. He proceeds to work on the renovation of his house. He also begins to work helping street kids. But then Tim starts to plot against his intentions of being left alone, and step by step, Jason gets back into having a family that he has chosen and that supports his efforts. Hurt/Confort, Fluff and angst.

Recommended by @G-Potion (iirc)
    Help, by @Loxare. First part of the Hinder series. Jason takes base in Blüdhaven instead of Gotham when he comes back to life and starts doing his thing and, slowly but steadily, becomes the fanfave of the kids from that city. It's a collection of shorts stories. It's warm.

░▒▓▒░░▒▓▒░░▒▓▒░░▒▓▒░

In case you want to add more recs, next lists I have in mind are the ones that collect works under the time-travel and age-deage trope; the ones that deal with family matters (family drama, feels and bonding, with Bruce, Dick, Tim, Damian, or even Talia); another under the pure fantasy category, I guess; and the last one will be an assorted works list with all the other works (which is something you shouldn't do when categorizing, but it can't be helped here) like the ones under the arkhamverse. With time, once we have enough works with a shared theme in that assorted list, I'll branch a new post for them.

Let me know if you have new recs for the lists that have already been written or you noticed I've skipped any. I'll add new ones in those lists too, as I skim over them and learn what they're about (for the sake of backing the rec and adding info).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-11-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Welcome to young justice
    and since when is he the prince of gotham

Hell yeah Young Justice.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/11/...on-todd-alive/

@Rac7d*: It's more like Damned Prince of Gotham but because of character limit on the thread title, it had to be shortened. However he was also called Prince of Gotham by Alfred in the first RHATO series. It's an endearment not official title but it fits the character.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 01-11-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Nice work @Zaresh. I'll remember to bookmark fics I like so that I can contribute to this list. :3

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Welcome to young justice
    Here are the (two) panels in which Jason is called Prince of Gotham. As G-Potion has stated, it's not an official name but it holds a lot of emotional value. And the next story arc of RHatO is called "Prince of Gotham".

And thanks for the information about Young Justice .

You can see how Jason looks in YJ here. Don't know if he'll eventually wear the helmet but looks like DC's sticking to the separate mouthpiece/visor idea for the time being.

http://dailydcheroes.tumblr.com/post/181925544453

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Welcome to young justice
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Yes, yes. Yes. YES!

Nice work @Zaresh. I'll remember to bookmark fics I like so that I can contribute to this list. :3
    Thanks! And that would be prerfect . We can collect and list a few fanartists too: I'm way less informed that any of you in that field (despite me liking to draw, ironically).

You can see how Jason looks in YJ here. Don't know if he'll eventually wear the helmet but looks like DC's sticking to the separate mouthpiece/visor idea for the time being.

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

I didn't expect that this soon. Woah! I'm so happy.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I really like Jason interacting with the Al Ghul family. Ra's, Talia and Damian are such interesting characters.
    And somehow Ra's is way nicer in the UtRH movie and seemingly in the Young Justice cartoon compared to his comic counterpart.
    I'm not so fond of Jason's visor. It looks a little bit like a game-pad. But I love the similarities to Jason's current comic design. That makes we wonder if the similarities are really completely coincidental.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not a fan of the visor, but if it’s the worst thing about the YJ version I’ll glady accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I really like Jason interacting with the Al Ghul family. Ra's, Talia and Damian are such interesting characters.
    And somehow Ra's is way nicer in the UtRH movie and seemingly in the Young Justice cartoon compared to his comic counterpart.
    I'm not so fond of Jason's visor. It looks a little bit like a game-pad. But I love the similarities to Jason's current comic design. That makes we wonder if the similarities are really completely coincidental.
    Yeah I like it mostly because of the similarity to his comic design but still I find it completely fitting that Jason's visor would be just as extra as his personality. ;p

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Keep in mind, that is just LoS gear with a red hood thrown in.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    In the meanwhile, I've been drawing. My initial idea was making this with markers, but I had an accident and had to switch to coloured pencils. It was a rather fast drawing, even if it took several hours to finish it. Here we have the first member of the Red Hood RPG Party: Robin The Druid.

I like this pic a lot. I really love your work, Zaresh. Also thanks for making lists for the fanfic suggestions people have made. That's really helpful.

That's great news G. Thanks for posting that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Damn, I need to watch this. This is so exciting (and straight out of fanfic lol). Talia looks just like her new 52 animated movie-verse design. Jason's design isn't too exciting, but it's not so bad. The set up is cool. We're going to have a Winter Soldier situation I guess. And--the baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Keep in mind, that is just LoS gear with a red hood thrown in.
    My brain is dumb and I read that as "League of 'Sassins" just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I completely missed this somehow. If it wasn't for @JasonTodd428 quoting it.... D: This is a very cool design @Zaresh. I like that the rough and natural feel of the texture of his clothes is just so druid-ish, the color scheme as well. And that headgear is adorable. Are you going to make a complete set for the RPG party? I would love to see.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I completely missed this somehow. If it wasn't for @JasonTodd428 quoting it.... D: This is a very cool design @Zaresh. I like that the rough and natural feel of the texture of his clothes is just so druid-ish, the color scheme as well. And that headgear is adorable. Are you going to make a complete set for the RPG party? I would love to see.
    I'd love to see a complete set of these as well Zaresh. Please say your making one because I'd also love to see it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG