Page 219 of 230 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3450
  1. #3271
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah, it's got a weirdly bittersweet ending too what with the Robin guy and his mother getting to walk away from the ordeal.

    Also it's written by John Carpenter if that peaks anyones interest.
    It peaks mine a bit (what a surprise).
    He was interested in writing some Batman, I think? That could be, heh, fun, depending on which story he want to tell.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  2. #3272
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It peaks mine a bit (what a surprise).
    He was interested in writing some Batman, I think? That could be, heh, fun, depending on which story he want to tell.
    It's another twisted Joker story, but there's almost a weird, dare I say, masochistic element to Joker in the story? One that may border a little too much into uncomfortable territory for some?

    spoilers but
    spoilers:
    Joker drags this arkham patient, Jeremy around, dresses them both up as Batman and Robin (Joker as Bats, the guy Jeremy as Robin) whilst proclaiming that he is making things 'kinkier', then when the Robin guy finds that Joker has his mother tied up, threatening her, he starts choking the Joker, whereupon the Joker takes off the Batman mask he was wearing, placing it on the would be Robins face to emulate Batman choking him and gasps, 'harder' to the guy, which freaks the Robin guy out and then the pages Dark posted which show Joker beating the Robin guy half to death are what proceed.

    He basically constructs a scenario to fulfill some kind of fantasy of Batman killing/choking him.
    end of spoilers


    Also, sorry for getting off topic there.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-09-2019 at 12:05 PM.

  3. #3273

  4. #3274
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    JayKorre

    Inktober Day 4: Freeze!


  5. #3275
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

  6. #3276
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It's another twisted Joker story, but there's almost a weird, dare I say, masochistic element to Joker in the story? One that may border a little too much into uncomfortable territory for some?

    spoilers but
    spoilers:
    Joker drags this arkham patient, Jeremy around, dresses them both up as Batman and Robin (Joker as Bats, the guy Jeremy as Robin) whilst proclaiming that he is making things 'kinkier', then when the Robin guy finds that Joker has his mother tied up, threatening her, he starts choking the Joker, whereupon the Joker takes off the Batman mask he was wearing, placing it on the would be Robins face to emulate Batman choking him and gasps, 'harder' to the guy, which freaks the Robin guy out and then the pages Dark posted which show Joker beating the Robin guy half to death are what proceed.

    He basically constructs a scenario to fulfill some kind of fantasy of Batman killing/choking him.
    end of spoilers


    Also, sorry for getting off topic there.
    Yeah, seems right his alley.
    The end too, I guess.

    I would prefer cheap fun Carpenter instead of serious horror Carpenter, but I guess I'll give it a look, knowing what I'm going to read beforehand.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  7. #3277
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It's another twisted Joker story, but there's almost a weird, dare I say, masochistic element to Joker in the story? One that may border a little too much into uncomfortable territory for some?

    spoilers but
    spoilers:
    Joker drags this arkham patient, Jeremy around, dresses them both up as Batman and Robin (Joker as Bats, the guy Jeremy as Robin) whilst proclaiming that he is making things 'kinkier', then when the Robin guy finds that Joker has his mother tied up, threatening her, he starts choking the Joker, whereupon the Joker takes off the Batman mask he was wearing, placing it on the would be Robins face to emulate Batman choking him and gasps, 'harder' to the guy, which freaks the Robin guy out and then the pages Dark posted which show Joker beating the Robin guy half to death are what proceed.

    He basically constructs a scenario to fulfill some kind of fantasy of Batman killing/choking him.
    end of spoilers


    Also, sorry for getting off topic there.
    I found it to be very similar to Azzarello's Joker, just leaning a bit more into the psychological horror.

  8. #3278
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I found it to be very similar to Azzarello's Joker, just leaning a bit more into the psychological horror.
    You mean his 2008 graphic novel titled 'Joker' yeah? I've had that one in my comixology 'to buy' pile since forever, would you recommend it?

  9. #3279
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    God bless the Internet, that allows you to access almost everything at any given time.

    Well, that was a pretty good one-shot.

    spoilers:

    I wasn't expecting a lot, but it was very good. A lot for it going on in foreground and background, a pretty interesting handle of certain themes, specifically how mental health* is treated (using the poing of view of the blond guy who is not-sane*). It's a comic about how mental health problems can mess you up, your view of reality, your whole life and your family; and how it doesn't have to have a happy, easy way of getting better, or having a happy end (but some things can be fixed or get a better). But also, I found it interesting that, in contrast, it doesn't romanticise Joker, at all, and doesn't draw him as insane*. He knows very when he's doing, and does so viciously. He's cruel, and he knows very well how cruel and twisted are his actions. Which is how Joker is nowadays in the comics, as far as I can see.

    I also saw some light parallels with Jason, besides the obvious one with the beating and the mother. I wonder if it was intentional.
    end of spoilers

    In the end, I don't think it was that much serious horror. It was brutally violent, and heavy on certain points. But it wasn't all serious and the most heavy part was the dealing with the main character's problems, in my opinion.

    I wouldn't mind more like this, to be honest.

    And the art was very, very good.
    And with this, I finish with my part in this off topic XD
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-09-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: vocabulary
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  10. #3280
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    God bless the Internet, that allows you to access almost everything at any given time.

    Well, that was a pretty good one-shot.

    spoilers:

    I wasn't expecting a lot, but it was very good. A lot for it going on in foreground and background, a pretty interesting handle of certain themes, specifically how mental illness is treated (using the poing of view of the blond guy who is ill). It's a comic about how mental illness can mess you up, your view of reality, your whole life and your family; and how it doesn't have to have a happy, easy way of getting better, or having a happy end (but some things can be fixed or get a better). But also, I found it interesting that, in contrast, it doesn't romanticise Joker, at all, and doesn't draw him as ill, at all. He knows very when he's doing, and does so viciously. He's cruel, and he knows very well how cruel and twisted are his actions. Which is how Joker is nowadays in the comics, as far as I can see.

    I also saw some light parallels with Jason, besides the obvious one with the beating and the mother. I wonder if it was intentional.
    end of spoilers

    In the end, I don't think it was that much serious horror. It was brutally violent, and heavy on certain points. But it wasn't all serious and the most heavy part was the dealing with the main character's problems, in my opinion.

    I wouldn't mind more like this, to be honest.

    And the art was very, very good.
    And with this, I finish with my part in this off topic XD
    Sorry to keep it going XD but spoilers:
    I totally agree with your point about it not displaying the Joker in any sort of romanticized light yet his behavior and sick humor still feels true to the character. The story displaying his victim as an individual suffering with mental illness rather than the Joker was also a good point. Outside of some else worlds, I'm not a fan of specifically the Jokers violence and behavior being diluted under the guise of mental illness, it always come across as tasteless to me. I've always preferred the 'sane' take on the Joker, which is strongly highlighted here.

    Also I thought I noticed some parallels as well, with Jeremys constant self doubt, self loathing, the fathers violence too, and with Jeremy forgiving his mother who (figuratively at least) abandoned him. Probably a coincidence but still interesting.
    end of spoilers

  11. #3281
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Yeah, agreed to a T with your post.

    Also, this story made me wonder if both writers are knowledgeable enough about Jason to actually have made those parallels intentionally. If it wasn't just me, it has to be intentional, right? I noticed another a bit less subtle:
    spoilers:
    The moment Jeremy starts to doubt Joker and stops him is the moment the Joker stops playing pals with him and starts to act crude and violent towards him—regardless of the Joker going against his mother before that point, probably. Kind of how Batman works with Jason. Or, well, reversed.
    end of spoilers

    EDIT: or, well, maybe we see those things because we know about him and look for similarities.

    I don't know. This story really got me caught.
    And it even made me laugh once (because it was fun at times*, too).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-09-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  12. #3282
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    EDIT: or, well, maybe we see those things because we know about him and look for similarities.
    Maybe, but whether intentional or not, it still made for an interesting read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And it even made me laugh once (because it was fun at times*, too).
    Yeah spoilers:
    the dog with the gun thing actually got me.
    end of spoilers

  13. #3283
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    I know this kinda random but, it's been a while and I'm curious if there's been any changes to peoples thoughts on rhato regarding the current status of Willis Todd?

    Cause, honestly I'm still not convinced that he has actually appeared in the present day.

    We've had two characters with claims to be Jasons father yet neither make total sense and they kinda contradict each other.

    In the flashback we see Willis was strapped to that machine (the one used in the experiment) with two other people (me thinks that was Solitary and James) and I reckon to some extent they all merged identities or at least memories, and to some extent even *physicality. (*It's comics)

    I'm theorizing Artemis killed the OG Willis, she mentions in issue #25 to Jason, 'Someday you'll understand how much I owe you. The mistakes I made. How much you suffered because of me.'

    James has the Batarang scar, sure, but no one outside of his own perception knows him as Willis Todd, where as Solitary is the one that confronts Ma Gunn who outright calls him Willis, to which I should note that he is surprised by and questions how she could have known, kinda adding to my theory that he doesn't look like Willis all that much since he isn't the OG, but like James he also has Willis's memories/identity and they both at least believe themselves with enough conviction to be Willis Todd, father of Jason Todd. Also I find it quite strange that Jason himself doesn't recognize his father's face in either of these men, again, just another point to my theory.

    Thoughts? Alternate theories?

  14. #3284
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I know this kinda random but, it's been a while and I'm curious if there's been any changes to peoples thoughts on rhato regarding the current status of Willis Todd?

    Cause, honestly I'm still not convinced that he has actually appeared in the present day.

    We've had two characters with claims to be Jasons father yet neither make total sense and they kinda contradict each other.

    In the flashback we see Willis was strapped to that machine (the one used in the experiment) with two other people (me thinks that was Solitary and James) and I reckon to some extent they all merged identities or at least memories, and to some extent even *physicality. (*It's comics)

    I'm theorizing Artemis killed the OG Willis, she mentions in issue #25 to Jason, 'Someday you'll understand how much I owe you. The mistakes I made. How much you suffered because of me.'

    James has the Batarang scar, sure, but no one outside of his own perception knows him as Willis Todd, where as Solitary is the one that confronts Ma Gunn who outright calls him Willis, to which I should note that he is surprised by and questions how she could have known, kinda adding to my theory that he doesn't look like Willis all that much since he isn't the OG, but like James he also has Willis's memories/identity and they both at least believe themselves with enough conviction to be Willis Todd, father of Jason Todd. Also I find it quite strange that Jason himself doesn't recognize his father's face in either of these men, again, just another point to my theory.

    Thoughts? Alternate theories?
    Editorial screwed with the storytelling would be my guess.

  15. #3285
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Editorial screwed with the storytelling would be my guess.
    LOL okay you win XD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •