Page 147 of 285 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I put the thread on hiatus, at least for a week. End of June is a little stressful for me. But I'd like to continue in July. And maybe until then we have found a better schedule.
    I'm stil on board with the reread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    And on another note: I've read "The Back-up" (part of Batman Annual #12) yesterday. It's an eight-page story about Jason's school life.
    I didn't know that Jason had friends at school (Jason calls them friends in other panels). Were those three ever mentioned in other stories?
    No this is the only post crisis story that deals with Jasons live out side of beeing Ronin, and it is actually Jason's only solo story from his original time as Robin post crisis.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I love those artworks. So many different emotions, atmospheres and styles.

zumaon

Paz

RedRidingHood

Here's a podcast with Bendis. I have only listened to a few parts. According to someone on Reddit Bendis mentions that Event Leviathan #2 will answer the question if Jason is Leviathan or not, although I haven't found that part yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    No this is the only post crisis story that deals with Jasons live out side of beeing Ronin, and it is actually Jason's only solo story from his original time as Robin post crisis.
    That's sad to hear. In Batman #413 was a little glimpse of Jason's school life too.

Jason doing his homework in the batcave is such a nice touch. It emphasizes the point that Jason cares about school but puts Robin first. I also love Bruce' #1 Superhero mug and that Jason drinks a glass of milk (could be water but I prefer to think that it's milk). That reminds me of Detective Comics #570 when Jason orders milk in a bar and doesn't realize that he's talking with a prostitute.

Incredible Member

LOL that grin on Batman's face when talking to Rhonda. I wonder what their history looks like

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    LOL that grin on Batman's face when talking to Rhonda. I wonder what their history looks like
    Who knows. But I like that Bruce doesn't look down on prostitutes. At least in this issue.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I generally expected that Jason'll be stealth-mentoring these youths into something more nuanced then a typical villain and more in like with himself as an Anti-Hero when I first heard of this arc. I'm just shocked to see Reiser among them, haven gone from getting acknowledgement from Superman to apparently being under Lex's purview.
    To be honest I'm not all that surprised that Reiser ended up being under Lex's purview seeing as how Lex is one of Superman's main enemies. I could see someone like Lex being very interested in someone like Reiser and wanting to study him. I could also see him trying to "infect" Doomed with something from the Dark Multiverse. It makes a lot of sense to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy
    Happy to see someone else who enjoyed Doomed. (Though I vaguely recall learning that from you a few years back, actually.) And yeah, again, I'd love this arc to be a way to stealth progress Reiser's story, as much of a, technically selfish, pipe dream that hope is.
    Like I said I'm not expecting that to happen but that doesn't stop me from wanting it to. So much was left unsaid and undone when Doomed was cancelled. I really liked that book a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And I just really noticed Reiser's new Doomed design. Probably why I never even realized it was him in last month's RH:O solicits. The only reason I know it is him now is because the newest solicits refer to him by name.

Originally, Reiser's Doomed form was crimson red with radioactive green highlights like his hands, eyes, and acid. Now, he's this chalky gray color that makes him look more like Doomsday (though still with kryptonite-green highlights/contrasts). Before, he referenced Doomsday, but had a design that allowed him to be iconic to his own self.

Also, it's funny for anyone who's read Doomed, but it seems Reiser finally found some clothes that don't disinterested upon transformation! XD (He used to be naked whenever he transformed back, but now he's got some tailor-made, erosion-proof shorts w/belt.)

IMG]https://i.imgur.com/NkmqHD5.png[/IMG]

I'm looking forward to getting big brother and leader/mentor Jason in this little mini-arc with these teens. I'm all for Jason getting positive portrayals like this. Everyone always sites Dick as the "social one who everyone loves and respects", but that a trait all of Bruce's protege's come to develop over time, from Grayson all the way to Duke. I'm always for Jason getting to embrace that side of himself, in his own Antihero way.
    Yeah, I noticed the new design as well. Not sure if I like it or not. I'm gonna have to see it in action so to speak before making a decision. He does look a bit to much like Doomsday for my tastes though. At least this time he seems to have some clothes that don't get ripped apart every time he transforms so I count that as a win.

However I am very happy to see Jason taking on this type of role, which I think will be very good for him. We already know for his dealings with Biz (and the other Outlaws for that matter) that he has the goods to be a decent big brother/mentor/leader. I'm excited to see it now.

Also some much great fan art. Thanks to all who take the time to find them. I appreciate it.

@Segard: I loved "The Back-Up" but then again I love seeing these sort of slices of life outside of hero work in comics and wish there were more of them in modern comics at least from time to time anyway. I really liked how much Jason loved school in these excerpts. I'd forgotten about some of them.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

From Detective Comics #569:

Detective Comics #569 Jason Todd Gutenberg.jpg

(I love the "Holy Gutenberg!" part.)

And from Detective Comics #570:

Bruce' behavior in the first panel surprisingly reminds me of King's current Batman run. Although here it's really only one panel. Bruce is already back to normal in the next one.

Cool designs! I love how the red bat and white streak are subtly integrated.

Good to know. (source: Jason Fabok on Twitter)

Jason Fabok Three Jokers 25. Juni 2019.jpg

And some information given in the comments: each issue has 50 pages.

Another post:

"YOU KNOW WHO I AM!" #batman Three Jokers Sneak Peak!

Someone asked about the official release date and Fabok answered "we will know soon".

And for people who are curious about the Batmobile design, yet another post:

I posted this once before, but I had such a great response from the Batmobile panel I posted, I thought Id post this again. Here is the 3d model of the Batmobile that my brother Steve built. Steve works for Ubisoft as a character modeler. I might print it on my 3d printer!

That first part is the most important part EVAH!

RedRidingHood

Sammie Zhou

evinist (page 8 of "Detective Pikabat")