Page 163 of 285 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4267
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Pretty cool cover, although it looks like Jason has a luchador mask rather than his usual helmet.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

This cover is a cool poster.

DC should publish an artbook with InHyuk Lee's covers and artworks.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-29-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Aw, is exclusive for a korean event and you have to buy the TPB.

Is mind-boggling how DC has failed to capitalize on making posters out of their covers. Probably because that's what Marvel does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Aw, is exclusive for a korean event and you have to buy the TPB.

Is mind-boggling how DC has failed to capitalize on making posters out of their covers. Probably because that's what Marvel does.
    DC has released a STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU poster portfolio last month. (Also: "Watch for upcoming POSTER PORTFOLIOS featuring the art of Jim Lee, Frank Cho and more!")

And they'll release a YotV poster portfolio in October. So I think DC is realizing that posters and artworks are a gold mine.

Oh, I like that. xD

(source)
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-29-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Speaking of expanding the Outlaws, who do y’all think and who do y’all want added to the team?

Right off the bat, both Roy & Kori are both unlikely since Roy is dead and Editorial won’t let Lobdell use Starfire while she’s in JL:O.
    I like Starfire on JL:O. Her character is great for space adventures. And I still want Roy back - but with his own solo, not as a part of the Outlaws team. They could make Roy a secret agent/spy and also bring Lian back - a solo about a single dad spy. I would read that.

For the Outlaws team: besides the dark trinity of Jason, Artemis and Bizarro I'd like to add Crux, Eddie Bloomberg/Red Devil and Jericho and Rose Wilson.
    And for reoccurring guest appearances I want Connor Hawke (bring him back, DC, god dammit!), Slade Wilson, Silencer, Bunker (Bunker deserves his own mini series at least too), Harvey Bullock, Killer Croc, the Immortal Men - and probably some more that I can't remember right now because it's late and I'm tired. But there are so many cool characters in the DC universe that don't get used or don't get used enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I like Starfire on JL:O. Her character is great for space adventures. And I still want Roy back - but with his own solo, not as a part of the Outlaws team. They could make Roy a secret agent/spy and also bring Lian back - a solo about a single dad spy. I would read that.

For the Outlaws team: besides the dark trinity of Jason, Artemis and Bizarro I'd like to add Crux, Eddie Bloomberg/Red Devil and Jericho and Rose Wilson.
    And for reoccurring guest appearances I want Connor Hawke (bring him back, DC, god dammit!), Slade Wilson, Silencer, Bunker (Bunker deserves his own mini series at least too), Harvey Bullock, Killer Croc, the Immortal Men - and probably some more that I can't remember right now because it's late and I'm tired. But there are so many cool characters in the DC universe that don't get used or don't get used enough.
    Red Devil at least has a history with Jason that could certainly be explored (being an old pen pal), and the Wilson siblings, Rose especially, errs more in the gray area like Jason, then full on "goody two shoes" so to speak.

The rest... I don't see Bunker coming back anytime soon. Silencer has a family to worry about first, before even considering working with a team. Slade mainly works alone. Killer Croc would work better in a Roy series (and I agree about bringing Lian back, and Roy being a single dad, but with his friends dropping by to check up on him).

The Outlaws need people that fit their group, the "black sheep", so to speak. Biz being a clone of Supes, Artemis feeling overshadowed by Diana, and Jason... Well, we know about Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

I don't know about Jericho. Joseph is a pretty neat, very heroic antihero, but as far as I know, he's more associated with Dick. But, eh, with all the bad stuff that keeps happening to him (xd), he could be a great addition to the team, I bet (but I don't think he would work with Jason comfortably. He's the softest of the Wilsons, iirc). I guess Rose too has similar problems, but I don't know why, I see her as more of a free agent, a character that keeps eluding a team/generation (well, I also see her way less heroic), and is mostly associated with her root character's (Slade's) cast. She's probably more suitable for the Outlaws but, eh, I will be honest: I don't like her that much (probably because I've read her in her more ax-crazy takes).

Connor Hawke could be nice too, but like Joey, he's quite heroic as a character as far as I know; so, I don't know. On the other hand, it could bring to the table some interesting stories, because he's or should still be (in this new continuity) Oliver's blood son, contrasting to Roy, when he's a complete stranger to probably the whole of the current hero community, in contrast to Roy as well. Hmmm...

Slade is too big of a character to add him as a regular in any book that isn't his own, I guess. Silencer could work going by what I know about her, but I suspect they're going to let her aside, by herself, or add her to the League and so tying her to Batman (because Batman sells, even if he doesn't sell as well as before). Bullock and Croc are too tied to Gotham to be regulars outside stories in that place (well, Croc was in the SS, right? I guess he could work), but I definitely would love them as additions to Jason's own cast of regulars. Eddie is dead, but that can be easily fixed; count me in. And I know nothing about the Immortal Men, so "shrugs", I guess, sure, why not.

We need a doctor for the cast, and an Alfred of any sorts (but I guess we could let Ma Gunn or her granddaughter fill that role). Some trickster, some magician or thief, could be also a nice addition. And someone from the media, some blogger or some journalist. Crux or some other could be the scientist / tech guy. And let's go crazy, and add a lawyer, regular civilian in, because I want to see what happens (someone has to keep Jason's public façade afloat).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-29-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wouldn’t mind Essence and/or Rose joining the team. Bronze Tiger or Graystone could be options if you wanna pull from Tynion’s RHATO run.

I’d prefer avoiding the “Justice League but Dark/ Justice League:Outlaw” where the team is primarily made up of “darker” (for a lack of a better word) versions of the big 7. The team already has 2 powerhouses in Artemis & Biz so some more mid to low level would help round out the team.

Unless you want the team to be the Jason Todd protection squad where 5 super powerful people focus on keeping him and themselves alive in whatever crazy situation he gets them into.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-29-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Chances are that Lobdell will simply expand upon the idea of "Dark" versions of great DCU heroes and make in essence, an antihero mirror of the JL. But this is also limited to those smaller characters no one else is using, so I doubt there's a chance of Jericho or Rose ever joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Wouldn’t mind Essence and/or Rose joining the team. Bronze Tiger or Graystone could be options if you wanna pull from Tynion’s RHATO run.

I’d prefer avoiding the “Justice League but Dark/ Justice League:Outlaw” where the team is primarily made up of “darker” (for a lack of a better word) versions of the big 7.
    Mmmm, in my case, I'm really not that much invested in a 1 on 1 JL team either, honestly. I'm getting used to have a slightly revolving door cast at this point; and also, because they're not carboon copies of the JL members, putting analogues that would work together (showing some chemistry, creating a nice dynamic) is no easy task to achieve. I'd rather have a team that works well but is not a full analogous. But then, the only JL team I've really enjoyed to thia day was the JLI, so maybe I don't like the cast of the official league as a team themselves.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-29-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Deathstroke is supposed to end at 50 last I heard with nobody lined up for a relaunch so it is possible a Wilson could pop in. Probably not full time but maybe for an arc or 2.

Nah. Lobdell tried it during the first Volume and was vetoed by editorial. I see nothing to think they've eased their stance since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Nah. Lobdell tried it during the first Volume and was vetoed by editorial. I see nothing to think they've eased their stance since then.
    Huh. Wasn’t aware of that.