Page 218 of 285 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4267
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Rocafort is for 3 issues, I think.
    So Messina is the new ongoing artist? Nice. I haven’t seen anything else from him, besides a few images here and there, but I’ve liked them so far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It could work, if his 13th birthday happened shortly after coming into Bruce’s care.
    Yeah but there is at least one comic that indicates that he was still only 12 when was Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    10-12 I want to say?
    I thought so too.

Does anyone remember his age pre crisis?

Cause speaking of Jasons age, I found this post on tumblr a while back from another confused reader which was interesting. It seemed to be implying that Bruce found post crisis Jason when he was 9 years old, which was either, later corrected to 12 OR that there was a time skip between Jason being found and becoming Robin, OR a time skip between Jason training as Robin and later arcs in his story, which doesn't seem to out of the question since this came right after the crisis event and I'm assuming DC wanted to get the backstory done and over with to get back to Batman and Robin tales.

https://jasontod.tumblr.com/post/187...rtant-how-long

Ima have to go back to read my copies to confirm this, cause it just brought a whole nother wave of confusion to me.

I think that the 12yo bit for post-Crisis came from a letter to one of the writers.

I think the abusive part wasn't a thing until Lobdell's first run? Same as the drugs and Catherine. But maybe that part was mentioned before, in some batman comic.
    The drugs were part of post crisis for Catherine. Jason becomes defensive about her death and implies she just 'got sick' but Bruce finds out she was a drug addict that had an overdose.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-09-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Age 9 comes afaik from some Batman Encyclopaedia, and I think the writer made a mistake.

No Idea about the letter columns, I usually don't read them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I thought so too.

Cause speaking of Jasons age, I found this post on tumblr a while back from another confused reader which was interesting. It seemed to be implying that Bruce found post crisis Jason when he was 9 years old, which was either, later corrected to 12 OR that there was a time skip between Jason being found and becoming Robin, OR a time skip between Jason training as Robin and later arcs in his story, which doesn't seem to out of the question since this came right after the crisis event and I'm assuming DC wanted to get the backstory done and over with to get back to Batman and Robin tales.

Ima have to go back to read my copies to confirm this, cause it just brought a whole nother wave of confusion to me.

The drugs were part of post crisis for Catherine. Jason becomes defensive about her death and implies she just 'got sick' but Bruce finds out she was a drug addict that had an overdose.
    Damn, I didn't remember that. It makes sense, I guess, for the 80s, but it didn't stuck in my memory pass the sick part.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Pre Crisis he was 12 in his first appearence (it is iirc one the first page he appears on).
    And by time Dick passed the mantle of Robin on to Jason he was allready 19.
    I think that the 12yo bit for post-Crisis came from a letter to one of the writers.
    I think the abusive part wasn't a thing until Lobdell's first run? Same as the drugs and Catherine. But maybe that part was mentioned before, in some batman comic.
    To be honest, I think that pre-Crisis Jason was a bit older than post-Crisis. Maybe more childlike, but a year or so older. It's a feel he gives me.
    Copied for reference

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I thought so too.
    Yes. That's what I remember. I think it was when Batman followed Jason into his apartment. I also remember Bruce looking up his parents on a... something... not internet maybe.
    I just don't remember if she already died or not.
    In New 52 she already died of an overdose before Jason met Batman, and then turned out it's a drug that's supposed to mimic death administered by Joker for the stupid part of his back story...

Man that link would've been easier to read if I remember which issue contains what

The Age 9 comes afaik from some Batman Encyclopaedia, and I think the writer made a mistake.
    No Idea about the letter columns, I usually don't read them.
    Jason being 15 when he died, is never mentioned in the comics, and imo doesn't really work with the timeline. Since he was proably with Bruce for only 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It could work, if his 13th birthday happened shortly after coming into Bruce’s care.
    Copied for reference

Both Jason kinda looks too old to be 9 so I'm gonna say Pre Crisis is 12 and for Post Crisis follow that link that says he's a 5th grade drop out meaning he's at 10-11, spent 6 month to a year training so he's 12 when he started at Robin, spent 3 years as Robin and died at 15 according his death certificate.

Rebirth continues from New 52 and makes him about 16. Even though he's drawn looking 12 in his New 52 zero issue origin. He's drawn more like 16 in the New 52 Secret Origin.

What's the name of his parents Pre Crisis? I'll look it up, but maybe someone remembers faster and can post it.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-09-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Dexter Soy

Crispy helmets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Both Jason kinda looks too old to be 9 so I'm gonna say they're both 12.
    In his first appearance he was at least in some panels really tiny and looked imo more like 9 year old than like a 12 year old.

For example here:

Yes. That's what I remember. I think it was when Batman followed Jason into his apartment. I also remember Bruce looking up his parents on a... something... not internet maybe.
    In New 52 she already died of an overdose before Jason met Batman, and then turned out it's a drug that's supposed to mimic death administered by Joker for the stupid part of his back story...
    Yeah she was already dead in the post crisis origin, at least within 6 months of when Bruce found Jason.

Issue #409 page 5.
    (and I think, Page 82 in the Second Chances graphic novel, at least according to the actual print pages, not the comixology page browser which is always one off.)
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-09-2019 at 06:24 AM.

In his first appearance he was at least in some panels really tiny and looked imo more like 9 year old than like a 12 year old.

For example here:

Yeah, I'm honestly not putting the 9 year old theory past me just yet, cause yeah, he looks REALLY young and small.

(Plus, like I said, considering this was DC relaying some of their stories and playing catch up to where they were with Jasons Robin tenure, I don't think the time skip theory is too much of a stretch.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah, I remember his size and decided to put him at 10 because the link that includes other panels mentioned he's a 5th-grade dropout.

Joseph and Trina Todd, and Pre Crisis Jason was in junior high when he's Robin.

8699790.jpg

You know it's funny how Pre Crisis Jason's parents were murdered by Killer Croc but in New 52 onwards they're friends through Roy.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-09-2019 at 07:50 AM.

One has to remember with his post-Crisis origins, he was malnourished for an undisclosed amount of time. So him being small for his age (about 12) fits.

Copied for reference

Man that link would've been easier to read if I remember which issue contains what

Copied for reference

Both Jason kinda looks too old to be 9 so I'm gonna say Pre Crisis is 12 and for Post Crisis follow that link that says he's a 5th grade drop out meaning he's at 10-11, spent 6 month to a year training so he's 12 when he started at Robin, spent 3 years as Robin and died at 15 according his death certificate.

Rebirth continues from New 52 and makes him about 16. Even though he's drawn looking 12 in his New 52 zero issue origin. He's drawn more like 16 in the New 52 Secret Origin.

What's the name of his parents Pre Crisis? I'll look it up, but maybe someone remembers faster and can post it.
    Catherine and Joseph, iirc.

EDIT: geez, I should refresh my screem more often. Sorry for being too late.

EDIT: for what is worth, I don't think anyone who is 12 or 14 would be that underweight unless he was malnourished for years and years.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-09-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, this was unexpected. From the YOTV: Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well, this was unexpected. From the YOTV: Joker
    Yeah, it's got a weirdly bittersweet ending too spoilers:
    what with the Robin guy and his mother getting to walk away from the ordeal.
    end of spoilers

Also it's written by John Carpenter if that peaks anyones interest.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-09-2019 at 10:48 AM.