Page 164 of 285 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Mal Banx Art

Badlemonade (combination of Red Hood and Arkham Knight)

The following artworks are from May, and normally I check Zumaon's twitter page regularly because I love their style. But I can't remember this little Wolf!Jason and Tim interaction. So sorry if this is a double post.

zumaon

Last edited by Sergard; 07-30-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Awesome! He even has a flower haha.

A ha ha ha ha ha. Oh, so cute. And funny. Aw.

I demand at least an Elseworlds where uncle Jason is a thing; uncle to Mar'i, Lian, whatever offspring Tim and Damian have, etc. He would be an awesome uncle.

Astonishing Member

Giant post incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

Red Hood talk starts at 47:45ish mark

Notable highlights. Spoilers for upcoming issues below.
    • He has material up to issue 50 planned. He'll start working on what comes next around issue 47ish
    • Expanding the Outlaws
      - has wanted to do it for years but always gets reeled back in
      - From issue 43 to 50, he's planning/hoping to temporarily expand the outlaws beyond the core 3
    • Details on the Biz and Artemis's status
      - The journey home lasts on the annual + the subplot for 3 issues
      - after that, they have a proper reunion (so it should happen in issue 40)
    • Lobdell pitched a story about Chesire finding Roy's body and throwing him in the Lazrus pit. Was based on the idea of them being the Bonnie and Clyde of the DCU. Reception was mixed.
    • Lobdell plans to stay on the book until it's no longer fun anymore
    • Never wants the Outlaw book to feel like its expected to be limited to one specific thing (Can only do street level stuff or space stuff, etc.)
    • YOTV
      - Jason's main focus is to keep the kids alive. Doesn't care if they are gonna be heroes or villain
      - 5 of the 6 kids he's training are OC
      - He gave some background info on 2 of them (DNA and Ba(b?)e in arms)
    • Lobdell's not allowed to comment on Jason's involvement in Event: Leviathan
    • The book's title is going back to RHATO soon
    • Editorial isn't interested in the white streak.
    Thanks for posting the highlights! Some of my takeaways:

Also good to know that material that far ahead is planned. So we know we're in it for a year more, in the least. By extension, I'm happy to hear Lobdell's in it for the long haul.

I'd love for an Outlaws expansion! In fact, it feels like we always get teased new party members, but then it doesn't happen or something happens that "reneges" on the expansion. I hope it sticks, though, because I'd love for more cool, obscure characters (including some of Lobdell's own) to join Jason's family. I'm still not fond of the reality that Crux isn't a mainstay yet, after all of this time, as an example.

Lobdell bringing Roy back this way would be kind of funny. But also cool. And I'm just enamored with Lobdell's dedication to the character and to the Roy-Jason relationship. Sad about the implications from that "mixed reception" from his bosses.

I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming arc, so happy to have info on it. (I've mentioned or implied this before, but I really miss Doomed and what Lobdell was originally going for, so I'm happy to see Lobdell write Reiser again, even with the apparently changed context of the character's circumstances and characterization.) From what was said here, Jason's not really trying to shape/be a (secret) positive influence to these kids, which is kind of odd. Not too odd, technically, but at the same time, it feels more detached then need be for Jason. Then again, that just might be my interpretation and/or just what was said here and how it was said. It might develop differently enough in practice.

I'm also pleased to know that Lobdell isn't going to allow the book to limit itself, and its characters by extension, in one niche of story-telling. It keep things fresh, allows Lobdell to do likewise, and allows different kinds of stories to be told with characters who couldn't easily see the light of day otherwise, not to mention putting characters in scenarios they'd not get to be in otherwise. Jason going to space is something we'd have never gotten if we were to limit the stories he could be in to "gritty revenge street stories" or some-such.

Lastly, I'm actually glad that the white streak thing is a non-relevance with editorial. Like, it's weird for me to feel this way over something so minute and petty (especially as someone who appreciates as much physical differentiation between Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian as possible), but I don't like that white steak. Moreover, I'm not a fan of how obsessive certain parts of Jason's fandom are over it, especially from the Tumblr side. So, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Speaking of expanding the Outlaws, who do y’all think and who do y’all want added to the team?

Right off the bat, both Roy & Kori are both unlikely since Roy is dead and Editorial won’t let Lobdell use Starfire while she’s in JL:O.
    I like Starfire on JL:O. Her character is great for space adventures. And I still want Roy back - but with his own solo, not as a part of the Outlaws team. They could make Roy a secret agent/spy and also bring Lian back - a solo about a single dad spy. I would read that.

For the Outlaws team: besides the dark trinity of Jason, Artemis and Bizarro I'd like to add Crux, Eddie Bloomberg/Red Devil and Jericho and Rose Wilson.
    And for reoccurring guest appearances I want Connor Hawke (bring him back, DC, god dammit!), Slade Wilson, Silencer, Bunker (Bunker deserves his own mini series at least too), Harvey Bullock, Killer Croc, the Immortal Men - and probably some more that I can't remember right now because it's late and I'm tired. But there are so many cool characters in the DC universe that don't get used or don't get used enough.
    Among new expandee choices, I like some of the ideas in Sergard's post.

For me, Crux is a no-brainer. In my opinion, it should be no-contest that's he part of the main team. I'd also love Eddie Bloomberg/Red Devil. Guy got the short end of the stick during his time, and never got the resurrection and re-powering he was supposed to. He's a cool character and concept, though (in Western fiction, you don't see many heroic characters who go out of their way to seek power, especially non-tech-based power, get it and use it heroically, and not get demonized by the story in some way for having done so), and I'd love to see him fit into Jason's found family of Outlaws. (Or to be used again in general, really.)

For Joseph and Connor, they'd definitely be fun characters to try out. As far as them being "not dark enough", that's not really an issue. Most would say the same for Kori and Roy, but they fit in and bonded quite nicely with Jason and his adventures over time. And Joey's kind of gone dark himself under Priest's pen. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else write the character for a change of pace, to be honest (didn't realize Priest's Deathstroke was ending, tho).

Connor would be cool not only to get him out of limbo, but also because his and Jason's differences, as well as his and Roy's, would make for prime story and interaction material. It'd be worth exploring that interaction, showcasing how they become friends in the process in spite of their differences (as what came to be with Roy and Jason).

Rose would be cool based on how, like Crux, she was teased as a new member that never was. Bunker joining full time would be sweet. And anything for more of the Immortal Men, especially Caden Park. I'd also love for Reiser to become more permanent, but that's pure fanboy greed right there, I'll freely admit.

Most of Segard's other picks are iffy or not to my preference. I can see Jericho or Rose, but not Slade himself. Same for Killer Croc. Silencer? Dunno, really. And Harvey Bullock on a permanent basis? Can't really see it, myself. The occasional Gotham-relevant guest appearance, sure, but nothing more fixed then that.

This pick was mentioned before, I think, but I'd be up for Godspeed/August Heart to join. Williamson does seem to have long-term plans for the character, but not knowing what those are or when they'll come to fruition, I'd love for the character to have a more permanent home with more consistent showcasing and interactions then he is afforded in The Flash. Jason and August gaining an understanding would be just the best, and I'd love for someone to finally delve deeper into who and what August is on the inside, beyond surface-level interactions/reactions with whatever the current story is. (Who August's family is, his ethnicity, who his brother was, how close were they that August would be so deeply traumatized by his loss even years later, whether or not he has feelings for Barry beyond friendship, and other little things Williamson has teased about his character that warrant time exploring them in a more concentrated fashion.)

Barring that, I'd also like to see how Lobdell would handle a resurrected/etc. Daniel West/Reverse Flash. Similar to August, there's a lot of nuance that can be mined for interactions and stories from that character. This could even eventually tie-into Wallace/Kid Flash's character, too. A lot of good stuff possible there. Plus, I'm biased and really like Daniel's character, and his Reverse Flash look is pure unadulterated awesome, in my opinion, especially his Red and Black one.

On the whole, coming from someone who grew to care for a non-entity like Duela Dent/Joker's Daughter thanks to Lobdell's storytelling capabilities, I'm more or less okay and open to whomever joins, so long as it's permanent and treated with the same kind of respect-bonds that Jason/Roy/Kori, Jason/Roy/(and even Duela?), and Jason/Artemis/Bizarro have.

It's true that Priest gave Joey harder, drier, even meaner personality traits; but I think he's still too tied to the Titans and too heroic to work fine as a member of the Outlaws (but I am totally in for him joining). And it's true, as was already mentioned, that he's a "big" character and chances are he's not allowed by editorial. Connor, I could see them though. He's nowhere now, in limbo, and even if he was a main character for a while, it's still "small," I guess.

From the flash family, last time I read that book, Goodspeed was a pretty straight forward villain (hurting innocents and all); but that was a year and half ago and I was told he changed? In any case, yep; seems like he's out of the list if he's still in someone else's plams. Daniel West could be cool; he has enought heroic traits as far as I know, but he's still dead right? And bringing him back in this book could feel kind of rude for the current kid flash fans. What about Pied Piper?

Dexter Soy "Early drawings/design of Artemis and Bizarro before we started RHatO rebirth"

There is a #jayjaychallenge going on. The challenge was started by the artist Fade. The challenge lasts one week (7/29 ~ 8/4) and fan artists and writers are welcomed to create some work with two Jason Todds. So here are some contributions:

nockuth

Whispering Imp

no_CH_ka

inihiu

nockuth (artwork from 2018 re-shared)

There is a #jayjaychallenge going on. The challenge was started by the artist Fade. The challenge lasts one week (7/29 ~ 8/4) and fan artists and writers are welcomed to create some work with two Jason Todds. So here are some contributions:

nockuth

Whispering Imp

no_CH_ka

Hey, I think I may take part in this challenge. I have a nice idea for this. I wonder if I'll be in time. Probably will try for digital colouring after pencilling my pic, for the sake of being faster.