Page 128 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4267
    Extraordinary Member

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    There are people who know that Jason Todd is Red Hood but don't know that he was Robin?

I didn't know that the phone calls were part of a social experiment. I thought it was just a way for DC to earn some money.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It was, they're just revising things these days to made themselves look better.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I don't always agree with you Dark but I agree with you here.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I still wonder how DC would describe the conclusion of the "social experiment". I think there is a reason why DC has never dared again to let phone calls decide if a character lives or dies.
    I'm not sure if there's even one character in the DC universe that would survive if his/her fate was in the hands of the readers/phone callers. Sometimes it seems that people are more passionate about hating something than about loving something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I still wonder how DC would describe the conclusion of the "social experiment". I think there is a reason why DC has never dared again to let phone calls decide if a character lives or dies.
    I'm not sure if there's even one character in the DC universe that would survive if his/her fate was in the hands of the readers/phone callers. Sometimes it seems that people are more passionate about hating something than about loving something.
    As far as I know, in my experience, they are. It's why bad reviews often have more impact and more visibility than good ones, and why it's more easy to find bad reviews that good reviews, I think.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There was a lot of backlash for them killing "Robin" from people including people outside of comics. Of course people outside of comics thought the Robin that had been killed was Dick but still there was enough of a backlash that I imagine DC thought it best to never do one again. And you're correct in that if they did something similar today there would be no way any character would survive the vote. People love to hate on things these days and now they have more of a platform for that hate with social media and so forth.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Which reminds me... How did the poll for the TV series turn out in the end? The one about Jason, in Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    And you're correct in that if they did something similar today there would be no way any character would survive the vote. People love to hate on things these days and now they have more of a platform for that hate with social media and so forth.
    Thinking about it, maybe the Joker has a chance of surviving.

0022212t: きょうだいらくがき (translated: siblings scribble)

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Awesome. I’m subscribed to their channel, but I haven’t been on YT today.

Tim mentions Dick, Jason and Damian in the preview of Heroes in Crisis #9.
    I'm glad HiC is over. So much potential shredded on the first pages of the first issue.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I will never not be mad at HiC and King by senselessly killing Roy