Page 102 of 285 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4267
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The entire New 52 RHATO run DCYou R/A runs are on the DC Universe apps. Issues 1 - 18 of the Rebirth run are on there as well.

While fake, I still think a Saints Row style game with the Outlaws would be pretty right up the same style. Maybe combined with some of the fighting aspects of the Arkham gams?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Look what I found on Reddit.
    Thoughts?

Personally, I prefer Jason and Roy as friends but not as team partners (and I love it in general when Roy interacts with the batboys. There are only a few moments between him and Damian but those few I really enjoyed. I also believe that Roy and Tim could have a really great dynamic.) I would actually exchange Roy with Connor Hawke. I have a feeling that Jason and Connor could make an awesome team-up.

And I think this picture is meant to separate the families in "generations" - but I don't really care about that aspect. I actually dislike the idea that characters have to stick with their age group. (So that's a plus for the Outlaws since Artemis is older than Jason and Bizarro is only like a month old.)

I'd put Kyle or Guy in Jason's line. And call me crazy but I'd also like to see Jason and Jay Garrick interact.

No idea for the Aquaman family.

If this was an extended grid with more family members I'd put Kara and Barbara together - and Batwoman and John Stewart since both have a military background.
    Last edited by Sergard; 04-23-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Thoughts?

Personally, I prefer Jason and Roy as friends but not as team partners (and I love it in general when Roy interacts with the batboys. There are only a few moments between him and Damian but those few I really enjoyed. I also believe that Roy and Tim could have a really great dynamic.) I would actually exchange Roy with Connor Hawke. I have a feeling that Jason and Connor could make an awesome team-up.

And I think this picture is meant to separate the families in "generations" - but I don't really care about that aspect. I actually dislike the idea that characters have to stick with their age group. (So that's a plus for the Outlaws since Artemis is older than Jason and Bizarro is only like a month old.)

I'd put Kyle or Guy in Jason's line. And call me crazy but I'd also like to see Jason and Jay Garrick interact.

If this was an extended grid with more family members I'd put Kara and Barbara together - and Batwoman and John Stewart since both have a military background.
    The Aquaman family needs to be expanded. But having someone like Guy Gardner with the Outlaws would be interesting. Guy has clashed with Bruce a lot, but it would be interesting to seem him interact with Jason. As for a Speedster, what about Jessie Quick? She's not on that list, and would add another woman to the group.

Of course another Lantern to consider could be one from the Jessica Cruz/Simon Baz duo. Both are quite new, and are basically stuck in the shadows of the other Earth Green Lanterns.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Aquaman family needs to be expanded. But having someone like Guy Gardner with the Outlaws would be interesting. Guy has clashed with Bruce a lot, but it would be interesting to seem him interact with Jason. As for a Speedster, what about Jessie Quick? She's not on that list, and would add another woman to the group.

Of course, another Lantern to consider could be one from the Jessica Cruz/Simon Baz duo. Both are quite new, and are basically stuck in the shadows of the other Earth Green Lanterns.
    Speaking of Aquaman generation, how old is Tula? Garth is Dick's generation, Aquababy is basically Damian's, and Jackson Hyde is Tim's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Thoughts?

For the Aquaman counterpart, we could have a girl, for a change (but because I know near to nothing about Atlantis, I cannot give any name). And I don't know, but I wouldn't put Guy with him. Guy's the JLI lantern, he has his "League" team. Kyle, I don't know. Could work with a few tweaks I guess; but I suspect they could clash as much as Jason does with Dick (in any case, both are older than Jason, so not a same-age team, that's for sure. EDIT: wait, was Kyle older? We discussed this issue previously, and the conclusion was that he wasn't much older, right? ikn). For a speedster, I don't know either. Jay's an interesting choice, because let's be honest: badass grampas are cool (and he shares the name with Jason and that's funny). But he belongs to the JSA. I don't like the idea of Goodspeed. I stopped reading Flash because I got bored, and I did it around when that story arc finished. As far as I recall, he was a full-shaped villain, with no remorse or whatsoever about playing with/getting killed/killing innocent lives and stuff. And it wasn't even an original idea either (it reminded me of Zoom a lot). But maybe something else happened afterwards, I don't know. I'm still waiting for them to bring back Max Mercury (who was a very important supporting character for Wally and Bart. Zen elder Speedster), but he doesn't fit this team either (but ah, it's so pulpy...). Maybe we could use Jesse Quick somehow? I think she has been more a support character and a plot tool than anything (as far as I remember from my 90's Flash read. And for what I'm seeing in the wiki, she's mostly that in other books too).

But the thing is that I don't think we need to match the Justice League members. It makes me sad that Jason doesn't have his own counterparts, shows how isolated he has been and still is. But I think that not giving him a clone JL team could be interesting, a fresh read (one I could like as much as I liked the JL team that had Booster, Beetle, Mister Miracle, Black Canary, Guy...). Not every team needs to be a match 1:1. In fact, I think it's better if they're not.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-23-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I like the idea of the Outlaws being a mixed bag of misfits of various ages. Helps them stand out a bit instead of being based around another “generation” of heroes.

Extraordinary Member

About Connor vs. Roy. Connor has the benefit that he is not really close with any of the other Batfamily members (opposed to Roy who is also supposed to be one of Dicks closest friends). It is also kind of fitting since while Jason is the Black Sheep of the Batfamily, while Connor is probably the only Arrow Family member who is not deeply flawed. So he is kind of the opposite of Jason. (But I think Bonnie King like she was written in Young Justice could also be fun, if you want someone older on the team).

When it comes to a Green Lantern I think Gnort could fit. Guy I only know from his appearance in the classic JLI, and that didn't really make me a fan of this character and Kyle belongs more in Dick's Generation, and I at least in Count Down he and Jason really hate each other. (Or one could take someone from another Lantern Corps).

When it comes to the Flash Family, the only one I can come up with is Owen Mercer (Boomeren Jr.). Even if he has only minimal speedster powers, but he is roughly the right age, and was at least pre flashpoint Bart Allens Half-Brother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    About Connor vs. Roy. Connor has the benefit that he is not really close with any of the other Batfamily members (opposed to Roy who is also supposed to be one of Dicks closest friends). It is also kind of fitting since while Jason is the Black Sheep of the Batfamily, while Connor is probably the only Arrow Family member who is not deeply flawed. So he is kind of the opposite of Jason. (But I think Bonnie King like she was written in Young Justice could also be fun, if you want someone older on the team).

When it comes to a Green Lantern I think Gnort could fit. Guy I only know from his appearance in the classic JLI, and that didn't really make me a fan of this character and Kyle belongs more in Dick's Generation, and I at least in Count Down he and Jason really hate each other. (Or one could take someone from another Lantern Corps).

When it comes to the Flash Family, the only one I can come up with is Owen Mercer (Boomeren Jr.). Even if he has only minimal speedster powers, but he is roughly the right age, and was at least pre flashpoint Bart Allens Half-Brother.
    Hey, I LOVE the idea of bringing in Gnort!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    EDIT: wait, was Kyle older? We discussed this issue previously, and the conclusion was that he wasn't much older, right? ikn).
    Pre Flashpoint he was arround the age of Dick (maybe even a bit older). At the moment it is hard to say, since we don't even know the age differnce between Joson and Dick.

Maybe we could use Jesse Quick somehow?
    She was pre flashpoint one of the central members of the JSA, and she doesn't really fit the outlaws imo. But I never read the Flash series, so I have not really an Idea, which of the numerous Speedsters fits into an Anti Hero role, those that I know are either heroes or villains.

EDIT: wait, was Kyle older? We discussed this issue previously, and the conclusion was that he wasn't much older, right? ikn).
    When it was last brought up here, you asked the question in Kyle's appreciation thread. I think the roundabout conclusion was that pre-flashpoint he was definitely in the age range of the original Titans. Someone reading his run said Kyle mentioned being in his early 20's in the earlier issues. Another stated that he was mentioned to be a bit younger than Wally. I'm also pretty sure Donna mentions being a bit older than him at some point.

Connor is kinda unofficially considered Jason's generation so-to-speak and Kyle's older than him, no?

---

Based on what the OP's criteria for the chart was:
    My criteria for this chart was at least some interactions between the members (that’s why I didn’t add Jason-August although I would absolutely love to see them interact)

I basically kept a maximum 1 family member per Batboy that’s why I don’t have Dick-Clark, Tim-Lagoon boy and Tim-Conner.

I also used Roy twice mainly because I feel like he really fits well with both Dick and Jason, he is part of the Original 5 Titans and is Jason’s best friend since new-52.
    Jason should have Kyle as his GL, right? They interacted more than Dick and Kyle did (I only remember the Obsidian Age storyline and Hal's funeral)?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Connor is kinda unofficially considered Jason's generation so-to-speak and Kyle's older than him, no?
    Connor was iirc pre Flashpoint closer in age to the original Titans (while Jason was techincally closer in age to Tim's generation), during his time as main Green Arrow, they did establish a friendship between him, Wally and Kyle.

But Connor and Jason are both in between Dick's and Tim's generation, but that was a gap of at least 8 years.

Extraordinary Member

Some rand thoughts about the chart:

- While Kyle is close with several members of Dick's Tiatans, I can remember that he and Interacted much, iirc Dick was usually not on the team when Kyle was

- Technically Jimmy Olsen is more Dicks counter part in the Superman family, they had even team ups and their own secret base in the silver age

- Tim has technically to Aquaman and two Arrow counterparts, Laggon Boy and Lorena Marquez, and Arrowette and Mia Dreaden

- Wally's kids would actually fit better in Damians generation than Wally II

- Jackson Hyde seems out of place in Damians generation, age wise he seems to belong in Jason's generation

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jason can take Koryak if he ever needs an Aquafamily member. I would rather see Dolphin interact with him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Pre Flashpoint he was arround the age of Dick (maybe even a bit older). At the moment it is hard to say, since we don't even know the age differnce between Joson and Dick.

She was pre flashpoint one of the central members of the JSA, and she doesn't really fit the outlaws imo. But I never read the Flash series, so I have not really an Idea, which of the numerous Speedsters fits into an Anti Hero role, those that I know are either heroes or villains.
    As fa as I recall, she's not an anti-hero, but she has experience dealing with stubborn people (Wally) and people with problems of some sort (Bart). She also seems to have been through a lot, by what I see in the wiki. I don't know. From the Wally run as Flash, and what I read of Rebirth (the stuff I've read with a Flash in there, besides Flashpoint), there isn't a lot of anti-heros in that brand. I guess we can always bring back Walter, but, eh, with the direcion Wally's going now, it would be a bit redundant, I think. If it can be something else than a speedster, pre-FP Pied Piper sort of fit the criteria, I think. But he hasn't interacted with Jason and is older.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-24-2019 at 04:40 AM.