Page 100 of 285 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4267
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Can you maybe be a little more disrespectful towards the artist?

If you don't like the designs, fine. But there is no need to be so rude/to belittle the artist's work. The only bad thing here is your behavior.

Since when are we criticizing fan artworks on the same level like official DC artworks?
    This artist doesn't get paid to draw Jason. She just loves the character and enjoys making those designs - and shared them on her twitter so that other people can also enjoy them.
    Any work that is put out there to be publicly seen is fair game to criticize. And I criticize official works and fan works by the same standards. If I see something I think is bad or good, I say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Any work that is put out there to be publicly seen is fair game to criticize. And I criticize official works and fan works by the same standards. If I see something I think is bad or good, I say so.
    This is how I view the subject. If you create something you must expect criticism. I've had people use profanity and tell me to literally die in reviews of my different fanfiction stories, but I try not to take any of it to heart. On the flipside, I've received constructive criticism which has helped me improve greatly as an author along with several fascinating ideas I've since incorporated into different works (with attribution of course).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This is how I view the subject. If you create something you must expect criticism. I've had people use profanity and tell me to literally die in reviews of my different fanfiction stories, but I try not to take any of it to heart. On the flipside, I've received constructive criticism which has helped me improve greatly as an author along with several fascinating ideas I've since incorporated into different works (with attribution of course).
    Exactly. Any creative that doesn't receive feedback is in risk of becoming stagnant.

Anyways, Pete Woods give us a look at the work that goes into making an issue of the series

https://twitter.com/thatpetewoods/st...13192730513409

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

@Zaresh: I didn't mean you. There is nothing wrong with your comment.

But I'm completely disagreeing with Dark.

I know there are people on the internet that say horrible stuff like Celgress mentioned and artists have to deal with that. But I don't expect such people here in this thread.
    And writing something like "I am glad DC never cares for fan redesigns because jeez, those are bad." is definitely not "constructive criticism".

In my opinion, it's also BS to criticize official works and fan works by the same standards. An official design always aims to fit the story line and personality of the character.
    You shouldn't look at a fan design and analyze how it would fit in the DC main continuity. The artist here obviously just wanted to play with elements of different franchises and show how that designs look on Jason.
    Last edited by Sergard; 04-19-2019 at 11:18 PM.

As someone who has also shared art online, I do think that we need to take into account that most fanartists do it for fun and don't expect themselves to have to keep improving or measure up to professional standards. Even if I am given criticism, unless it's something easy I can just pay attention next time, I know that I don't have the time and energy to train myself because I have my own profession that takes priority. So constant or harsh criticism on fanartists doesn't help as much as you think it does professional artists and also risks discouraging people from sharing in fear of not living up to your standards, which is bad for any fandom.

Jason's got some moves. And him dancing next to Scarecrow is maybe a reference to Arkham Knight?
    Man-Bat looks surprisingly elegant.

Who says the Dark Knight doesn't dance? Batman celebrated his big birthday this weekend with a blowout featuring friends, family, a Batman-themed cake and a dance party to rival the biggest club in Gotham. Enjoy this special animated anniversary clip featuring some of Gotham's most infamous residents breaking out their wildest moves. Happy birthday, Batman!

And congratulations to everyone for reaching page 100

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Jason's got some moves. And him dancing next to Scarecrow is maybe a reference to Arkham Knight?
    Man-Bat looks surprisingly elegant.

And congratulations to everyone for reaching page 100
    Dude. Bats has been dancing since the 60s!

Last edited by Sergard; 04-21-2019 at 11:38 PM.