Page 245 of 285 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4267
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/brian-michael-be...han-interview/

New interview about the fallout of Event: Leviathan. Here's the parts that we care about:

"Yeah, any character that was touched by this story, there's going to be fallout from," Bendis explained. "This mystery is solved but, past the mystery, a lot has happened. They were semi-successful in their quest that Leviathan has arrived and is now a power in the DC Universe and that comes with a major shift in how everyone's doing business; so that's number one. Everyone also has to deal with the fact that Leviathan set some of them up, like, why does the Red Hood get set up for **** like this? And that does eat at the character but also lets the character know 'You have a job here. You have to take care of Leviathan because they are coming after you and they've made that very clear and they're doing the opposite of what you want in the world.'"

"As far as Jason goes, I will say I did the most research of all the characters on Jason because I wanted the red herring to be honest and, at the same time, respectful to the character and have the character walk away as almost one of the big heroes of the story," he continued. "If you really look at it, he kind of walks away the most unscathed and it certainly points Jason in the direction of what he has to do next."

TLDR: Sounds like the events of E:L are going to have some sort of impact on Jason going forward, be it in his book or others.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

New interview about the fallout of Event: Leviathan. Here's the parts that we care about:

"Yeah, any character that was touched by this story, there's going to be fallout from," Bendis explained. "This mystery is solved but, past the mystery, a lot has happened. They were semi-successful in their quest that Leviathan has arrived and is now a power in the DC Universe and that comes with a major shift in how everyone's doing business; so that's number one. Everyone also has to deal with the fact that Leviathan set some of them up, like, why does the Red Hood get set up for **** like this? And that does eat at the character but also lets the character know 'You have a job here. You have to take care of Leviathan because they are coming after you and they've made that very clear and they're doing the opposite of what you want in the world.'"

"As far as Jason goes, I will say I did the most research of all the characters on Jason because I wanted the red herring to be honest and, at the same time, respectful to the character and have the character walk away as almost one of the big heroes of the story," he continued. "If you really look at it, he kind of walks away the most unscathed and it certainly points Jason in the direction of what he has to do next."

TLDR: Sounds like the events of E:L are going to have some sort of impact on Jason going forward, be it in his book or others.
    Bendis didn't downplay Jason, at least. I give him that. But, he also wrote his voice pretty generic. Which is better than Damian's and Talia's, but that's not saying much.

That said; no. I don't want Bendis taking over Jason at any point.

Finalized cover of Red Hood: Outlaw #40

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    The hood. The chest symbol. The gun. Is that who I think it is?

DCeased Unkillables

Tom Taylor

Looking forward to this. I was curious what happened to Jason in DCeased after being teased so much

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Sae

@yosuga0101

And since there are some Damian fans in this thread: Seems like Yasmine Putri is working on a cover with Damian on it at the moment.

Yasmine Putri

Ilove her art and at this point she will have done all 4 main robins

Same cover but with more pieces revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

Cool.

I mean I remember thinking that Jason sounded (comparatively) the most in-character out of everyone in the title, and now it feels obvious as to why.

I don't think the power of actually researching a character can be understated, and in this instance, I do appreciate that Bendis actually took the time for it.
    Whether you think he actually 'nailed the character' or not is another matter entirely, but at the very least, he clearly attempted to be both true to the character and in his own words, 'respectful'. At least in Jasons case, I'll give kudos for that.

Now going forth I wonder if Bendis is simply being a little flowery by saying that this event impacted Jason, or if that means Bendis himself is going to write some kind of sequel to further expand into this. Not sure how I feel about that.

Well, I did like what Bendis has done with Jason and I wouldn't mind seeing him writing a mini with him someday because his Batman series has been great.

I'm glad to see more writers interested in writing Jason compared to few years ago where hardly anyone cared besides Lobdell. Now we have three jokers, white knight vol 3 and DCeased 2 to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Well, I did like what Bendis has done with Jason and I wouldn't mind seeing him writing a mini with him someday
    If it's something outside the Leviathan narrative, then I definitely wanna see Bendis write a mini for Jason, especially now since he has already done his research. I'm super curious how he'll approach the character when he isn't being used in a story as a device for another overarching narrative, but more so to something akin to a character study, like Red Hood Lost Days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    because his Batman series has been great.
    Batman Universe right? That one has been so surprisingly enjoyable, I only picked it up on a whim and now it's one of my few monthly titles. Bendis's Bruce in that series feels......for lack of a better word. Younger? He feels like Batman earlier in his career, I don't know if that is what Bendis was actually going for, but regardless the series is pretty fun.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-14-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Official synopsis of DCeased: Unkillable

"The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended?

Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019’s smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC’s hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead—life!"

Will go from Feb 2020 to April 2020.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 11-14-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The solicit

DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #1
    written by Tom Taylor
    art by Karl Mostert and Trevor Scott
    cover by Howard Porter
    card stock variant cover by Francesco Mattina
    The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended?
    Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019’s smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC’s hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead—life!
    3 ISSUES: ON SALE FEBRUARY – APRIL 2020
    $4.99 US (CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $5.99)
    48 PAGES EACH

And a few covers