Page 250 of 285 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Peter Panicman (from 2015)

Peter Panicman (from 2016)

Peter Panicman

Paolo Pantalena

This is one of my fav characters from red hood and and outlaws, getting so much fun in rendering it

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    jjmk-jjmk

Age-reversed Damian, Tim, Jason, Dick.

OMG, I love it! I could read an entire Elseworlds story about this!

I watched this week's episode of Titans. The series is getting better with each episode, thank goodness. I can't say I didn't saw the big reveal coming (it was obvious for comic readers I guess), but the other small reveal, it took me by surprise. I still don't like Rose for Jason, but well, we can't always have what we want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Bruce was awesone, in and out Dick's head; and hasn't been a long while since I last said that, sigh.

spoilers:
    And now I have to be more subtle with my not!Jason in my little original series of short stories, because he was tied to a theatre and the work with masks in, behind and over the scene in the fly system (because the people who's going to read it know how much of a fan of Jason I am and come to conclusions). I though it was a neat idea for that kind of character, and I guess I'm not the only one who did.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-17-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Oh that's a reference to Titans season 2 episode 11, right?
    I've seen some comments and screenshots. Seems like Jason and Rose spend some quality time together.
    Their relationship developed very fast. It feels like she's up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Their relationship developed very fast. It feels like she's up to something.
    She kind of was.

spoilers:
    She was the Terra, so to speak. But spending time with Jason seems to have fully flipped her. Though it seems she was reluctant from the beginning.
    end of spoilers

And seeing Jason all himself a thespian, well, it reminded me directly of an ongoing fanfic of Jason's I've been following. Where Jason is actually a theater/broadway nerd (along with being Red Hood), and ends up joining the local theater for their production of "The Greatest Showman". Combined with meeting the other theater people, being a vigilante, and the usual Bat Family drama, its a surprisingly interesting read. Never would have thought they would actually make Jason into a theater nerd in an official adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She kind of was.

spoilers:
    She was the Terra, so to speak. But spending time with Jason seems to have fully flipped her. Though it seems she was reluctant from the beginning.
    end of spoilers

And seeing Jason all himself a thespian, well, it reminded me directly of an ongoing fanfic of Jason's I've been following. Where Jason is actually a theater/broadway nerd (along with being Red Hood), and ends up joining the local theater for their production of "The Greatest Showman". Combined with meeting the other theater people, being a vigilante, and the usual Bat Family drama, its a surprisingly interesting read. Never would have thought they would actually make Jason into a theater nerd in an official adaptation.
    Ah, I remember that fic: "From Now On", I think was its name. I stopped reading it because Jason and the female original character (I keep forgetting her name) were kind of marysue-ish: everything they did, they were right to do it. Almost everyone supports them, make friends with them both, etc, etc. It's an Ok, I can recommend its reading, but, ehh... I think it doesn't have enough conflict or challenge, or even fluff I could enjoy on it: not for me so to speak. Doesn't help that I don't like musicals much and they keep singing and singing songs I don't know or like. The best part for me was the beginning and the part with the city fires. I think it's still unfinished. I wonder if it's on hiatus; I haven't seen* pass through many updates lately.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-17-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah, I remember that fic: "From Now On", I think was its name. I stopped reading it because Jason and the female original character (I keep forgetting her name) were kind of marysue-ish: everything they did, they were right to do it. Almost everyone supports them, make friends with them both, etc, etc. It's an Ok, I can recommend its reading, but, ehh... I think it doesn't have enough conflict or challenge, or even fluff I could enjoy on it: not for me so to speak. Doesn't help that I don't like musicals much and they keep singing and singing songs I don't know or like. The best part for me was the beginning and the part with the city fires. I think it's still unfinished. I wonder if it's on hiatus; I haven't see pass through many updates lately.
    There was an update maybe a week or two ago, actually.

But yeah, that's the one. Mary Sue-ish? I guess. Its at least not over the top like other mary sues I've seen. And growing up with musicals, some of which being my favorites to this very day (like The Music Man), I find it to be a different and interesting take on it. Plus, its overall a more light-hearted story then others. Like say, "Who I am, Who I'll Never Be," which goes full on making Jason one of the world's most wanted men for something he didn't do. He, Biz, and Artemis were framed for a heinous crime that killed quite a few innocent people. Jason was able to get away, but Bizarro and Artemis were taken prisoner, and split up.

There was an update maybe a week or two ago, actually.

But yeah, that's the one. Mary Sue-ish? I guess. Its at least not over the top like other mary sues I've seen. And growing up with musicals, some of which being my favorites to this very day (like The Music Man), I find it to be a different and interesting take on it. Plus, its overall a more light-hearted story then others. Like say, "Who I am, Who I'll Never Be," which goes full on making Jason one of the world's most wanted men for something he didn't do. He, Biz, and Artemis were framed for a heinous crime that killed quite a few innocent people. Jason was able to get away, but Bizarro and Artemis were taken prisoner, and split up.
    Ah, I glanced through that one too. Didn't like it a lot, I found it too edgy (*or maybe the word is angsty*) for my tastes.
    I've a few ones I'm looking forward to, but they're slow and, to be honest, almost all of them right now are JayTim shipping stories; so not a read for most. But they're pretty good, to be honest. I wish the writer were a bit faster (but then, they wouldn't be so good I guess). And the few ones that are not shipping that pairing, are even more rarely updated.

There's one that's about to end that I liked and has zero* shipping that you may like: name is "never be the first to believe". It's pretty good, I liked it a lot, even if I wasn't totally sold by the first two chapters*: it seemed to be Tim-centric, but it was actually very Jason-centric. Even Dick-Ric had more screentime that Tim (*I liked it more that way, to be honest. The writer made a good job*).

Glad to hear that the one about Jason as an musical actor isn't discontinued.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah, I glanced through that one too. Didn't like it a lot, I found it too edgy (*or maybe the word is angsty*) for my tastes.
    I've a few ones I'm looking forward to, but they're slow and, to be honest, almost all of them right now are JayTim shipping stories; so not a read for most. But they're pretty good, to be honest. I wish the writer were a bit faster (but then, they wouldn't be so good I guess). And the few ones that are not shipping that pairing, are even more rarely updated.

There's one that's about to end that I liked and has zero* shipping that you may like: name is "never be the first to believe". It's pretty good, I liked it a lot, even if I wasn't totally sold by the first two chapters*: it seemed to be Tim-centric, but it was actually very Jason-centric. Even Dick-Ric had more screentime that Tim (*I liked it more that way, to be honest. The writer made a good job*).

Glad to hear that the one about Jason as an musical actor isn't discontinued.
    Yep. Been following that one too. Precedent is another, but it focuses on Jason before becoming Robin and interacting with the Bats and other heroes. With a few minor differences. Like Damian is already there (he's like, 6 years old) and the story itself, the author has announced there will be no Jason dying in it. Making it more fluff then angst.

Yep. Been following that one too. Precedent is another, but it focuses on Jason before becoming Robin and interacting with the Bats and other heroes. With a few minor differences. Like Damian is already there (he's like, 6 years old) and the story itself, the author has announced there will be no Jason dying in it. Making it more fluff then angst.
    Oh, I have Precedent in my backlog. You mentioned it a week ago or so, and made me curious about it. So thanks for the recom :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The blonde is Isabel, Jason's on and off girlfriend, and she's seeing Essence's trapped in the blade.
    I was wondering what the status of their relationship was after he left Dog with her.

I wonder if this means issue #42, (the one where Jason and Artemis apparently 'follow up' on that kiss) is not the beginnings of romance like people suspect but will be them just settling as friends, since Isabel is apparently still in the picture.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s hard to say. Unless their dynamic changes, Isabel & Jason can’t ever really be a long term thing as long as he’s an active hero/has his own book. She does like him but seems like she’s already hit her limit of cape antics.