Page 81 of 285 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I think it may be Jason Bard they are referring to.
    Yeah, I think that is who they are referring to...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Doubt it, is Johns writing it and it would be very unusual to have a non Batfamily member in an issue that it's all about bats.
    It was a passing reference during a conversation with Jim Gordon to a Jason who is Barbara's husband. Could be anyone. Makes more sense for it to be Jason Bard, someone Barbara already had a serious relationship with spoilers:
    Jason, Tim, Dick weren't part of the story, actually....
    end of spoilers

As for a possible Jason/Barbara ship. Just no. I am not a Dick/Babs shipper but I think Jason should be getting his own, original relationship with someone not associated with Dick or Bat-family, maybe even a brand new person. Them all dating the same people would be very much like a page out of those teenage dramas with angsty triangles. Not to mention, icky. And would also make one wonder if Jason has a subconcious obsession with Dick and replacing him... Don't need or want any of that. It is a big universe. Surely they can all find other people to interact with and fall in love with...
    Last edited by Schumiac; 03-27-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Yeah, I think that is who they are referring to...

It was a passing reference during a conversation with Jim Gordon to a Jason who is Barbara's husband. Could be anyone. Makes more sense for it to be Jason Bard, someone Barbara already had a serious relationship with spoilers:
    Jason, Tim, Dick weren't part of the story, actually....
    end of spoilers

As for a possible Jason/Barbara ship. Just no. I am not a Dick/Babs shipper but I think Jason should be getting his own, original relationship with someone not associated with Dick or Bat-family, maybe even a brand new person. Them all dating the same people would be very much like a page out of those teenage dramas with angsty triangles. Not to mention, icky. And would also make one wonder if Jason has a subconcious obsession with Dick and replacing him... Don't need or want any of that. It is a big universe. Surely they can all find other people to interact with and fall in love with...
    Oh, I fully agree. And what's more, Jason getting his Rebirth Outlaws in Bizz and Artemis, 2 otherwise minor characters that rarely see much use in the Super and Wonder books, really works. And whether people ship Jason and Artemis or not, the three do make quite the little family either way. Not only giving Jason his own, original group, but also expanding upon Bizz and Artemis as characters too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Also, Hush is the next animated film

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...oice-cast-news

I wonder if they'll keep Jason role.
    Based on the cast it will be part of their animated universe, and iirc it was said that Tim and Jason were never Robin in that universe.
    I also wonder how they will deal with Harold, who was also not introduced in that Universe (or any other media outside of comics) sofar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    "Legally" for Jason? Eh, I don't know. Legally, until this latest arc, Jason was legally dead. Heavily implying he used faked IDs to go into said bars. Not to mention, trying to get Tim into them.
    Yeah but neither Tim in BRE nor Damian in the last Teen Titans Annual made any remarks about Jason not being old enough,and now he owns the iceberg launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Go by this: Zero Year has Jason trying to tell Talia he's 15, and she pegs him at 12, which was the age he was when his mom died (you'll recall she was alive in that issue). In universe, five (10?) years passed between zero year and the start of Red Hood and the Outlaws in the new 52.
    I think he new 52 starting ages are pretty much out of the window at this point. Based on that Dick was iirc also 16 wgen he became Robin, but post Rebith it seem they have pretty much gone back to the original starting age.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yeah but neither Tim in BRE nor Damian in the last Teen Titans Annual made any remarks about Jason not being old enough,and now he owns the iceberg launch.

I think he new 52 starting ages are pretty much out of the window at this point. Based on that Dick was iirc also 16 wgen he became Robin, but post Rebith it seem they have pretty much gone back to the original starting age.
    Rebirth has taken all sense of continuity and just basically all sense of character development for everyone but Jason and discarded it. That said, I believe the missing ten years are Dick's time as Robin which means Jason was still about 18/19 when the new 52 started. As far as I can tell, except for things pertaining to Kingverse and Tim's age, everything else introduced in Batman and Company comics sans Catwoman and Damian's search for Martha's pearl has managed to stay canon. So Jason was about 18 five years ago in universe. From there, we can tell that he's 23/24 and has figured a work around the being legally dead to legally owning a night club.

If it helps, remember that Future's End was set five years from Damian's death at age 10, and Tim was officially 21 and a bartender at the start of it. Since we're approaching five years from Damian's major death, we know that Tim is....16....and Jason is about 23/24ish and ready to put his MBA from Al Ghul U to use, maybe even his BA in comparative lit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    That said, I believe the missing ten years are Dick's time as Robin which means Jason was still about 18/19 when the new 52 started.
    Dick wasn't Robin that long, some of the years have to go to the other Robins.

Btw. I finally read the last Batman Beyond Arc, it's kind of disappointing that while they reference Death in the Family, and even have flashback with him as Red Hood, we don't learn anything about whats going on with him in the Beyond Era. Interestingly they also established that Gotham did become better after the "Death" of the Joker.

Fantastic Member

Dick wasn't Robin that long, some of the years have to go to the other Robins.

Btw. I finally read the last Batman Beyond Arc, it's kind of disappointing that while they reference Death in the Family, and even have flashback with him as Red Hood, we don't learn anything about whats going on with him in the Beyond Era. Interestingly they also established that Gotham did become better after the "Death" of the Joker.
    Of course! Dick was Robin between ages 12 and 18. That leaves 5, maybe more for the other two.

Maybe in thirty five years Jason has finally killed the Joker, attended some excellent therapy, and has finally achieved the wholesome future he had in Flashpoint.

I read Beyond sparsely. Who gets to kill the Joker in this version?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I read Beyond sparsely. Who gets to kill the Joker in this version?
    spoilers:
    He was thought to have died years ago in a crash during a fight with Bruce, and died because of a hear attack in the final issue of the arc.
    end of spoilers

The feels!! And I love how the room had more stuff after each panel.

spoilers:
    He was thought to have died years ago in a crash during a fight with Bruce, and died because of a hear attack in the final issue of the arc.
    end of spoilers
    Oh, ok. That was unexpected. Thanks, @Aahz.

At least we can still pretend that Jason is fine and alive in the Batman Beyond universe. Maybe he quit vigilantism after Gotham had finally become a better place and left to start a new life somewhere else - with Artemis and Bizarro as his little family.

Some interesting info from the Deathstroke #42 preview about Black Mask in Teen Titans:

spoilers:
    Black Mask is indeed Roman Sionis. So there is a big plot hole between RHatO and TT. And apparently Roman has a kid although he stated in RHatO that he doesn't.
    end of spoilers