Page 225 of 285 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4267
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Fade (birthday gift for JJMK)

remina (Dick and Jason)

I really want to make a lewd joke on fade's work but can't think of a really good one. Like I wanna make one about cherry but that's strawberry.

Remina's work, they look like shojo manga princes. Their hair is black but uncolored, and with that style, they remind me of those neat and curly-haired blonde brother princes or young noblemen love interests.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Javechan (for Fade - sorry, I got it wrong in the last post. It's Fade's birthday, not JJMK's)

Artwork was inspired by Fade's Siren!Jason.

Fade

Sae (adult Damian and Jason)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

With the rumors for 5G growing stronger, what are you guys hopes (and fears) for Jason's future?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    With the rumors for 5G growing stronger, what are you guys hopes (and fears) for Jason's future?
    Hope: Red Hood/Outlaws won't be influenced (too much) by all that big changes going on.

Fear: Morrison 2.0 trainwreck

Hope: Red Hood/Outlaws won't be influenced (too much) by all that big changes going on.

Fear: Morrison 2.0 trainwreck
    Pretty much this. I fear that they make back Jason into his take pre-FP. But I don't think that will happen.
    If there's some serious timeskip, maybe they may associate him to other character, like they did with Batwoman in Detective Comics. Not that I'm enthusiastic with him sitting in the back as a supporting of other character, but it could be way worse. Look ad Bruce in Batman Beyond: that's not a bad place to be.

I'm not really following the 5G discussions. Is there already a rumor for the next Wonder Woman?
    I'm scared that Artemis has to leave the Outlaws because she'll be a supporting character in Wonder Woman.

I'm not really following the 5G discussions. Is there already a rumor for the next Wonder Woman?
    I'm scared that Artemis has to leave the Outlaws because she'll be a supporting character in Wonder Woman.
    Rumor, yes. Artemis, no.
    And its not Donna or Cassie either. The biggest rumor is that its some new rando in her comic that's supposed to take over.

I don't know if is that I've grown jaded, but this whole 5G idea fails to interest me. When I want to read Batman or Superman, I want to read about Bruce and Clark, not about any rando they picked up from a hat.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Hopes: Once the 5G stuff is done, Jason/the Outlaws end up better than they were before

Fears: We end up with something that's worse than TentaTodd or Morrison's Red Head Marketing Major

I don't know if is that I've grown jaded, but this whole 5G idea fails to interest me. When I want to read Batman or Superman, I want to read about Bruce and Clark, not about any rando they picked up from a hat.
    I feel you. No one can really replace Bruce as Batman, Clark as Superman, etc. in main continuity. DC could retire the current Justice League and re-brand Dick's Titans the new Justice League with the respective changes in identity and it would still feel wrong to me.

But concerning this topic I've seen this comment in the DC 5G discussion thread. And it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Some of the fans here don't seem to understand the purpose behind this. This isn't meant for classic comic book readers. Like ANAD, which help Marvel branch into finally producing semi-successful to successful new characters for Marvel, this is meant to attract new readers with a diverse setting of new characters that aren't given the chance with the current reading demographic. Now if some classic fans actually enjoy the new books that they would release from 5g, more power to you, you break the mold. But DC definitely isn't doing this for classic readers, they know full well that classic readers prefer the status quo. But that same status quo is limiting the ability to reach new audiences and is causing their sales to be even worse than when it was during New 52.

So it's perfectly understandable to be upset about your prefer characters being replaced (though it sounds like the books will continue to be release, it's just more like a JSA based universe while 5g would be the current universe) but let's not pretend like 5g is meant for the classic comic book fan. It's not.

Gonna quote myself from that thread

I don't follow Marvel closely, but a quick glance at last month's solicits shows me that all the classic characters are back already, headlining their usual books. And this is after what, Marvel's fifth rebranding in the last eight years? Using a stablished character as a crutch to introduce more diversity or variety in the roster has been proved to never work in the long term and in the current status quo of DC, where no one is really happy with their direction, this will only further alienate the core fanbase for a spike in sales that will plummet in a few months. It happened with DCYOU already, it happened with most of Marvel's relaunches, it will happen again.

You want to diversify your characters? Appeal to a new fanbase? Then diversify your output with new books, new lines. DC's recent approach with subsidiary lines for young adults and kids is the perfect way to reach a newer audience, replacing a well-known character for literal unknowns, is not.

Spectacular Member

Yes, but the real value of these characters isn’t in the year or two they will be headlining so-so selling comics. It’s the IP they generate out of it. It’s Natalie Portman as Thor and the Batwoman and Falcon Captain America series. DC and Marvel need to generate IP to remain viable. Batman only really generates an adaptable story every couple of years - look how often Under the Red Hood gets retold - and don’t have the infrastructure to tell brand new stories with new characters the way say Shōnen Jump does, so they’ve got to keep putting new twists on old characters to make money. ‘What’s it like to be black Batman?’ is an easy hook for adaptation that doesn’t need masses of lore to back it up, in the same way ‘what if Robin went bad?’ is.