Page 11 of 265 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 3961
  1. #151
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I have more fics with Jason being something else, but apparently I didn't bookmark them and cannot remember enough information for finding them without investing hours in my inquiry. More recommendations are welcome.
    I feel you. I often forget to bookmark fics too because I think "I'll never forget that great fic." - and then I forget it. And months later the fic is hard to find.

    Which information do you remember? Maybe I or someone else can help.

  2. #152
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,071

    Default

    So, with the return of Young Justice (animated series), browsing Young Justice Fanfics, and in general, thinking about the whole setup, Jason from Earth 16 would have had a closer/better relationship with Bruce, Dick, and Babs than the main continuity version. Along with that, it stands to reason he would have at least had better chances to form bonds with the other teen heroes.

    Which means, if Jason does return, it would be most likely quite a bit different than the revenge driven Under the Red Hood of mainline continuity. I've come across a few such fanfics, but I would still love to see what Greg Weisman and crew could do with such a development.

  3. #153
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I feel you. I often forget to bookmark fics too because I think "I'll never forget that great fic." - and then I forget it. And months later the fic is hard to find.

    Which information do you remember? Maybe I or someone else can help.
    I probably didn't bookmark them because I though they were so-so or weren't finished yet (but forgot to subscribe to). Or I directly forgot to bookmark after kudoing, which is something that keeps happening even with works I like a lot and are finished.

    Memories are fuzzy. I remember a few about Jason being Catwoman's or Ivy's sidekick, another one with him being a cop in Blūdhaven, I remember reading a few in which he works for Talia after coming back from death (one was quite good and I think it was a three parter), another two about him taking into the mantle of Lady Shiva (one of which I liked a lot too, but was short lived, iirc). And at this moment those are the ones that I can remember.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  4. #154
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    How to Read Jason Todd's Journey From Robin to Red Hood

    The article isn't that bad. Although I would have added Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 between Second Chances and Death in the family.

  5. #155
    Fantastic Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    No one is ever expecting Jason/Kyle. My first reaction, when I encountered that pairing in a fanfic for the first time, was "Why?". It's crack and the fan-base is small - but most fanfics about the pairing are surprisingly nice and more on the T-rated side instead of E or M. If I have to make a guess, the fascination for that pairing started with "Countdown" in which Kyle and Jason are on the same team and fight like cat and dog from the get-go. (And two male characters with a tense/conflicted relationship look in general very attractive to slash-writers.) Here's a page from Countdown #33:

    I'm not sure if that was intentional on your part, but good Monty Python reference.
    Oh, I have not read Countdown, though, I have heard of it (and now thinking about it I've seen fanart)--mostly to not read it. Does their animosity turn into a fight(s) over Donna? And also, what even prompted Jason to saying that line in context?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    But if you don't mind the pairing, here's another fanfic in which Jason joins different lantern corps (short stories).
    i deserve that, don't i, some sort of blazing love that i can live with by evanescent

    Some fans of the pairing even make jokes about Jason's quote "I've got no problem with Kyle. He's great. He's dreamy." because out of context it could (obviously) be interpreted differently.
    I have no problem with the pairing, just kinda surprised. Nice to hear there are some nice stories. I'll check out this rec for sure!

    Also, what is the actual context of that panel of pre-crisis Jaspon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I honestly think the JayKyle shipping is especially hilarious when you realize that Kyle is even older than Dick. IIRC, he always has been between the Dick and Bruce generation, even if he is a 90's character. There are not many characters in that range of age, so I guess you have to pair him with someone outside big teams like the Justice League and the Green Lanterns. But even with that in mind, I too think they make fore some interesting dynamic (and it's true that Kyle is dreamy, not so much great: you can bet he will screw up badly something, at some point. He will get very mad too. And even if he's not dumb, he is incredible, unbelievable naive at times—and at other, very distrustful). Lots of potential for good stories there.
    Kyle's older than Dick? I always got the impression he was younger because Wally and Dick seemed to be around the same age to me and I could've sworn it has been said Kyle is (or was at the time) younger than Wally. It has been a while, so I might be remembering wrong.
    I think his dumb/naive moments make him endearing (though he has done some cool stuff). lol Oh man, not the first panel I saw of Kyle, but I always think of the one in GL #94 with Suberboy.
    Not really sure on the potential for good stories between Jason and Kyle, but I'd be interested, especially when I read more on Jason!

    Love those other recs you listed too! They all sound good. I think I need a word document to keep track of all of this.

  6. #156
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Kyle's older than Dick? I always got the impression he was younger because Wally and Dick seemed to be around the same age to me and I could've sworn it has been said Kyle is (or was at the time) younger than Wally. It has been a while, so I might be remembering wrong.
    Mmm... Maybe the dynamics where like that because Kyle was newer in the job. I recall reading somewhere that he was in that range of age (the reason why I said he was); and I think Dick never got to reach 30 before FP. I may be wrong, I'm unsure now. It's not like I've read a lot of cosmic DC (even if I've been trying to catch, because I like it), and the JL books interest me just middly. I think I'll trust you, if you say that you read in some comic that he was actually younger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I think his dumb/naive moments make him endearing (though he has done some cool stuff). lol Oh man, not the first panel I saw of Kyle, but I always think of the one in GL #94 with Suberboy.
    Oh, they do. But they're so palm in the face triggering that one has to point then. He also has cool moments, for sure. I think he has a quite good range of traits that make for an enjoyable character. I'm not a fan, but I like what I've read.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  7. #157
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    How to Read Jason Todd's Journey From Robin to Red Hood

    The article isn't that bad. Although I would have added Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 between Second Chances and Death in the family.
    I disagree in that Jason's really not an important part in The Cult, and lists Brothers in Blood without saying how skippable that book is. It does mention that Countdown is so-so (says you can skip it), but then it doesn't say anything against Battle for the Cowl (which, really, is very, very skippable). And then it mentions that you can probably be safe skipping all Morrison's run in Batman and Robin and Batman Inc. if you're only interested in Jason. I have opinions \o/.

    But overall, I think it could be a very good linkable replacement for the reading guide / recom. reads in the OP.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-08-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Hooo. Makes me want to see Biz and Jason in this style.

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    How to Read Jason Todd's Journey From Robin to Red Hood

    The article isn't that bad. Although I would have added Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 between Second Chances and Death in the family.
    This makes me think... Can we also add links to good articles about Jason on first page? Can help clear up a lot of misinformation for people who don't read material related to him.

  10. #160
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    This makes me think... Can we also add links to good articles about Jason on first page?
    I guess? It's not against this board rules, right? We're linking outside websites half the time.

    Unless, it is against the board rules.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  11. #161
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I guess? It's not against this board rules, right? We're linking outside websites half the time.

    Unless, it is against the board rules.
    I guess it's fine. Just whether you guys think it's worth it to make a new section in the OP for it.

  12. #162
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I guess it's fine. Just whether you guys think it's worth it to make a new section in the OP for it.
    For what it's worth, I think it's a good idea.

    We love reading, it seems .
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  13. #163
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I guess it's fine. Just whether you guys think it's worth it to make a new section in the OP for it.
    Sure. I already had something like that in mind because I saw some nice and fun tumblr posts I wanted to share, like this one for example: Jason Tood hugs (but I wasn't able to find the link to the original post).

    So If you have some interesting/helpful/fun articles to suggest, please feel free to do so. I'll edit the OP accordingly later.

  14. #164
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Mmm... Maybe the dynamics where like that because Kyle was newer in the job. I recall reading somewhere that he was in that range of age (the reason why I said he was); and I think Dick never got to reach 30 before FP. I may be wrong, I'm unsure now. It's not like I've read a lot of cosmic DC (even if I've been trying to catch, because I like it), and the JL books interest me just middly. I think I'll trust you, if you say that you read in some comic that he was actually younger.
    I have read somewhere that he was 24 when he got the ring.

    But pre flashpoint Jason was defintally much younger than Donna and Kyle.

    In Countdown he would have probaly been 18 or 19, and the other two were probaly in the mid to late 20s.

  15. #165
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Now I'm curious, anyone accurately remembers the source? When and where they told us the age in the pages of the comic?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •