Page 111 of 285 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There's a Deathstroke Rose Wilson. But Jericho is the one that gets an offer from Lex - and Jericho is shown amongs the heroes Batman wants to recruit.
    I am surprised and confused for this with Jericho and even more with Rose... Slade appeared in the image that Luthor was observing many characters while he was talking with Brainiac.

However, maybe all this starts before Slade "death"..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-01-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The Robin in the preview honestly “sounds” a lot more like Tim than he does Damian.
    I know right? Sounds way more like Tim.

I've been relatively enjoying YJ but this page makes me think that Bendis doesn't necessarily have a unique voice for Tim more so than he thinks that this is just the way ROBINTM talks.

Also that page is almost beautifully stupid in that 'cliffhanger lead up sentence', the more I come across it and read it, the goofier it gets.

The Red Hood.......Your Old Partner.......Jason Todd.

Like Thank God Bendis clarified that. Poor Bruce is a bit of a dunce. I'm sure when Damian said Red Hood, Bruce was thinking of someone else......Like maybe Joker....so its a good thing Damian clarified and said 'your old partner'........But you know just in case Bruce was still thinking it may be another ex partner/robin of his, who is calling themselves the Red Hood, Damian kindly went on further and clarified that he was referring to Jason Todd. Whew, glad we cleared that up. XD

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I know right? Sounds way more like Tim.

I've been relatively enjoying YJ but this page makes me think that Bendis doesn't necessarily have a unique voice for Tim more so than he thinks that this is just the way ROBINTM talks.

Also that page is almost beautifully stupid in that 'cliffhanger lead up sentence', the more I come across it and read it, the goofier it gets.

The Red Hood.......Your Old Partner.......Jason Todd.

Like Thank God Bendis clarified that. Poor Bruce is a bit of a dunce. I'm sure when Damian said Red Hood, Bruce was thinking of someone else......Like maybe Joker....so its a good thing Damian clarified and said 'your old partner'........But you know just in case Bruce was still thinking it may be another ex partner/robin of his, who is calling themselves the Red Hood, Damian kindly went on further and clarified that he was referring to Jason Todd. Whew, glad we cleared that up. XD
    At this point I would have preferred Tim over Damian. It would have fitted his character better to have a bad feeling about something and to be torn between his intuition as detective and his family bonds.
    I also imagine Tim to be more inclined to ask for help than doing everything on his own.

I'm surprised that the heroes spread in DC's Year of the Villain Special (2019-) #1 does not include Young Justice, but the Titans and (half of the) Teen Titans are there.

The Red Hood of Gotham ... did I miss something? Has there ever been a Red Hood of somewhere else? But I know, that's a little nitpicky. YotV is a big event. There'll be a lot of readers who aren't that familiar with the bat family. So all that goofy information is probably very helpful to others.

Spectacular Member

]B]The Red Hood of Gotham... did I miss something? Has there ever been a Red Hood of somewhere else?[/B] But I know, that's a little nitpicky. YotV is a big event. There'll be a lot of readers who aren't that familiar with the bat family. So all that goofy information is probably very helpful to others.[/QUOTE]

Well Jason is the main red hood known all over the world, but there are other's who still use the red hood alias committing petty crime or trying to use the identity to follow in his foot step

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There'll be a lot of readers who aren't that familiar with the bat family. So all that goofy information is probably very helpful to others.
    Of course, but that's like my point.
    Nothing wrong with exposition in and of itself, but, it can be done smoothly where the dialogue feels natural and the lead up feels logical, and it can also be done, like THAT XD.

JJMK-JJMK

Antihero landing
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-01-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    Well Jason is the main red hood known all over the world, but there are other's who still use the red hood alias committing petty crime or trying to use the identity to follow in his foot step
    Do you have an example for that? The last and only time I've seen more than one Red Hood was in a flashback during the old RHatO run which showed the Red Hood gang, and even there I'm not sure if the members were called Red Hoods or not.

Of course, but that's like my point.
    Nothing wrong with exposition in and of itself, but, it can be done smoothly where the dialogue feels natural and the lead up feels logical, and it can also be done, like THAT XD.
    That's true. I wonder if Jason was really the first choice. Everything about that last panel looks so squeezed - Jason and the information. And Talia also being in the panel.
    Maybe the panel changed from only Talia to Talia and Jason with Jason being the main focus. I can't really follow why Damian believes that Leviathan could be Jason. The natural choice would be Talia. She has been Leviathan in the past (and she's leading Leviathan right now in Silencer) and she's Damian's mother. So him wanting to prove his mother's innocence would be understandable.

I think Damian's voice is, as far as I know, the voice he uses for teenagers overall. He uses that too, for some other characters, sometimes characters speaking in the same scene. This is why I said that I dislike the voices he writes: they tend to sound all the same; and that's confusing and breaks my immersion, because, as much as people say that the way he writes dialogue is more natural, I don't feel it (it's not the only writer that writes dialogue in a way that I feel artificial, but I like the others better. Take Aaron Sorkin, for example: no one speaks 24/7 like the characters in The West Wing, but I like how they're written nevertheless). Just my opinion: other people love it. It's a bit divisive, I guess.

There is too, I think, the issue about written language and speech being both ruled by different codes and conventions: their register is different. When you read a dialogue, you expect characters to speak in a certain way; same as when you watch fiction in movies and TVs. And the way they do and how you expect them to is unlike how you usually speak in your daily life. This is something I think many professional writers do instinctively, but it's not an easy thing to do, to be honest. Most of my friends who write have to watch out for this issue when they write dialogue (and they've pointed to me how I often have a problem of exposition when I write); but then, other people just write dialogue right and almost clean on the fly.

But in any case, yep, it's nitpicking. And Bendis is writing what, 4 books each month? (Action, Supes, YJ and that Batman for Walmart). That has to pay and show in his style somehow, because writing takes time (shrugging.gif). And yep, he has to also make clear to readers outside the batbooks, and casual readers, who Jason is; that's a good point too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-01-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: grammar

Extraordinary Member

That reminds me that I really don't like the Red UtRH/OYL Robin Costume. That kind of looks like lung Red Underware, and wearing that as a costume should be left to Supergoof.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. I kind of hope that the Leviathan Guy is the Grant Morrison Incarnation of Jason from the dark Multiverse, and gets in the end his Ass kicked by the current incarnation.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Found this on Reddit: DCeased #2 - Midtown Comics Exclusive by InHyuk Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. I kind of hope that the Leviathan Guy is the Grant Morrison Incarnation of Jason from the dark Multiverse, and gets in the end his Ass kicked by the current incarnation.
    I'd be very disappointed in Barbara if she can't distinguish real Jason from fake Morrison Jason.

Zombie Jason? A bit on the nose, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Zombie Jason? A bit on the nose, don't you think?
    I wouldn't be surprised if DCeased will be similar to Injustice - a lot of deaths but the big "alpha" characters like Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, etc. will mysteriously always survive while Robins, the other Green Lanterns and Co. are dying left and right.