Page 121 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4267
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    But what the hell are those things ?
    The sidekicks mentioned in 36 solicit.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Can Tom King please stop using Jason?
    I dunno, I feel like King got the whole Bat family dismissing Jason’s legitimate gripes with Bruce because of the latest crisis of the week dynamic pretty well.

I took a glance to this week's issue of Batman after seeing that panel, and remembered why I stopped reading it again. It was so void, of everything.

I don't know. I remember reading The Vision or The Omega Men, or the three issues I've got to read of Mister Miracle, and those books worked fine in issues (not as stand alone, but every issue gave me something). I didn't feel the same with this issue in Batman. That whole issue could be contained in 8 pages, and you could even take a lot of space for pretty art and some quipping and whatever. I guess writing a regular series that's released every two weeks has to be harder than writing for a monthly limited series. I know, reading an issue alone, in the middle of a story arc is an idiotic choice and clearly I'm missing a lot of what I should feel; but still, eh...

Jason, well, at least he's harmless here. Just a panel, and it doesn't go against what we are having in RHATO. His voice? It's the usual for King when he writes Jason: it sounds off, sort of shallow and meant to sound fun. But I can say the same for Barbara's voice or most of the other short lines that most of the characters throw. But with how decompressed the issue was, and how little dialogue you can read there, it's to be expected, I guess. It's just a panel, a very quick reminder to Batman's readers of where Jason is and how he's standing in relation to Bruce now. No reason to go nitpicking.

I don't mean to sound too critical, or to trash King's work (no way I would to that: he can be a great writer) or anyone who is enjoying this work's taste. I liked some of his books too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-15-2019 at 07:38 AM.

So that's what Rocafort has been working on.

Source
    I have no idea what is going on but this looks cool regardless. If those are the sidekicks, man do I love their designs and the potential for horror elements they can bring to the book.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 05-15-2019 at 07:43 AM.

So that's what Rocafort has been working on.

Source

Looks like the most wild remake of '3 men and a baby' I've ever seen

Are these original characters or have they appeared in DC before? I can't really recognize any of them but the one with the big chompy lower jaw seems familiar, I feel like I've seen that design before.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Jason made the right decision tbh
    I don't mind his decision. I'm okay with the part that Jason didn't want to join the others. I take offence that King made Jason talk to Barbara in this way.
    Jason telling crowbar jokes or similar stuff to Dick or Tim would have been fine. But to Barbara, who was also tortured by the Joker and who has been treated with more respect by Jason in the past than some other batfam members - this rudeness doesn't sit right with me.

Tom King doesn't understand Jason's character and the dynamics he has with others. So I'll be glad if we see as little as possible of Jason in King's stories.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Are these original characters or have they appeared in DC before? I can't really recognize any of them but the one with the big chompy lower jaw seems familiar, I feel like I've seen that design before.
    At first glance, because I didn't immediately notice the huge jaw, I thought that's Sideways.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Any chance that the baby the blue one is holding is Liam Harper?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    While that would be awesome, that would also raise SO many more questions.

The three characters (not the baby) look like some kind of zombie thing, to be honest. They're weird.

The one who is holding the kid looks like a zombie cyborg ninja. The one who is biting the logo looks like some kind of alien. And the one in white has some kind of symbol in their mask and seems to be casting some spell with their hands.

And the fourth character in the front isn't weird?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Not the jaw... but the overall aesthetic reminds me of that cyborg woman Manchester Black has as a bodyguard when facing Tim's Teen Titans. Also drawn by Rocafort.

Oh and that jaw one reminds me of Duela Dent for some reason.

And the fourth character in the front isn't weird?
    I thought it was some kind of gargoyle XD. Literal gargoyle, like some decoration element. I didn't realize it was an actual character until now.

Welp, I'm blind.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-16-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That cover is so chaotic I didn't even notice the masked one with white hood and cape.

Oh, and the character in front reminds me of the alien design from Species. Just a little bit more stone-like.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Gonna go out of a limb and say, less than zero.