Page 124 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A year or two ago, on America's Got Talent, there was a girl who did that exact thing, and fired the arrow at a target (fairly accurately) for the opening to her later acts. No clue how heavy the bow was though.
    That girl had a different pose. Here's a youtube clip of her performance. You'll notice that her butt is nearly above her head and therefore her center of mass is pretty much above her arms. That's why she can keep her balance in this position. But in the fanart above, Jason's center of mass is probably somewhere behind his arms. So if he'd try to hold this pose for longer than a moment he'd normally loose balance and fall down. A heavier bow would shift the center to the front - but I don't think his toes/feet are strong enough to hold a 50 kg bow like that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, Leviathan is not Jason. They told Plastic Man in their recruitment poster in Newsarama that being born in a broken world almost killed them.

I mean Jason's not dead now, so I guess it depends on how you view things.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-18-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well, Leviathan is not Jason. They told Plastic Man in their recruitment poster in Newsarama that being born in a broken world almost killed them.
    I read that post in Dick's thread. Mmm...
    Mmm...

I may be convinced, but still cannot feel totally safe. Or feel relief, even. I know Ric is not Dick, but, eh... Eh... I don't like the idea either.

As I said, we'll see soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That girl had a different pose. Here's a youtube clip of her performance. You'll notice that her butt is nearly above her head and therefore her center of mass is pretty much above her arms. That's why she can keep her balance in this position. But in the fanart above, Jason's center of mass is probably somewhere behind his arms. So if he'd try to hold this pose for longer than a moment he'd normally loose balance and fall down. A heavier bow would shift the center to the front - but I don't think his toes/feet are strong enough to hold a 50 kg bow like that.
    Exactly what I was thinking

Anyone else hear the theory that Roy didn't actually die in HiC and is actually Leviathan?

How much validity do you think that one has?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Anyone else hear the theory that Roy didn't actually die in HiC and is actually Leviathan?

How much validity do you think that one has?
    The idea crosed my mind. Not that he didn't die, but that he was brought back by a Lazarus Pit. Now, who could do that, I couldn't think about a name. I don't know enough about the Arrow part of the DCU. Besides, he was cremated, wasn't he? But of course, there are ways to skip and go around that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Do these fan news writers normally have any insider information? Seems like this writer at least thinks that Isabel won't last. And although I'm still on the fence regarding her character and her relationship with Jason, I hope she won't get fridged. There is already enough drama in Jason's life and therefore no need to artificially create more drama.

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #37
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    Leave it to Red Hood to get Lex Luthor’s strangest offer of all: to train the next generation of super-villains! Hand-picked for their incredible talents, not to mention their potential to spread villainy and doom across the globe. As the only super-villain in the world to have trained under Batman himself, Red Hood is the ideal instructor. But has Jason Todd fallen so far that he’d take on the task of forging tomorrow’s Legion of Doom or Crime Syndicate—or is he trying to work from within to undermine Lex’s villainous machinations? Even if Red Hood’s heart is in the right place, he still has to butt heads with his powerful and dangerous new pupils. Grab some ammo and settle in for the beginning of the next generation of Outlaws!
    I'm looking forward to Rocafort's art. Judging by the cover he even adapts to Jason's more muscular Rebirth body than the thinner New52 version.
    Seems like we lost Yasmine Putri to Flash. Obviously I'm biased but I prefer Yasmine Putri's batfamily variants over her Flash artworks.
    I'm not sold on Tan's variant. It looks like Jason has fingernails on his finger joints and these fingernails are painted red. But the pose and the idea with the lightning in the background (a classic) are nice.

The next generation of super-villains looks more like a group of troubled teens that somehow ended up in a bad experiment that altered their appearances drastically, and while rejected by normal society they have to look after an infant. Calling Jason a "super-villain" is also a little bit of a far stretch. Even in his darkest hours his actions can't compare tho heavyweights like Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, Lex Luthor, etc.

But altogether, I'm still slightly optimistic that this will be an interesting read. Originally I feared that the current Teen Titans break up and that maybe Crush and someone else will be shifted to RH:O (because of the "Sidekicks…broken, battered and catastrophically dangerous sidekicks. The Teen Titans they’re not!" in the RH:O #36 solicitation). And although I'd like to see Jason and Crush interact, I prefer to see her in Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, I think he is pointing to Jason not being behind Leviathan. Damian is going to attempt to prove that Jason isn't behind, so it's not so far fetched if Jason is actually connected to Leviathan in the end (shock value), or even Leviathan himself (which I think it's a lot less possible at this point, but still not an idea I would disregard yet).
    I agree with Zaresh. That's how I see it too. And it annoys me. Especially since I have been looking forward to the YotV events. There are a lot of villains I like, for example Lex Luthor and Ra's Al Ghul. Even the Black Mask special would still have interested me despite the mentioned plot hole. But the threat of Jason being sacrificed à la Morrison really takes the fun out of everything. Not even the tiny chance of Jason and Silencer meeting in Leviathan #3 can light up my mood. The chances are probably higher anyway that Silencer appears but Jason will only get mentioned. Like in Teen Titans and Damian's "secret mentor". I don't understand why Batman needs so many "detectives" to solve the mystery if he could just go to Jason and ask him if he's Leviathan or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I agree. The original also feels less crowded, somehow.
    I appreciate that Daniel changed Alfred's necktie to a bow-tie; probably because Alfred's pose changed from a half-body shot to a head shot. A necktie in the final version would have empathized the feeling of Alfred being cramped into the background.
    Jason's final pose was originally Duke's. There's nothing wrong with the pose per se but it looks a little strange with Dick and Jason so close together and both stand cross-armed. Duke and Dick had two people between them - and there was more background around Duke so that his pose could "breathe" more while in the final version the focus is more heavily on Jason's chest and arms instead of perceiving the pose as a whole.
    I don't like Damian in either version. He sits either crouched in the front or crouched in the back. Both options aren't in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I've seen those posters. For everyone else: Here's the Newsarama article.

Batman

Green Arrow

Plastic Man

Batgirl

Lois Lane

The Question

Manhunter

To be honest, I can imagine Jason saying some of that stuff. On the other hand, Jason has no real connection to most of these characters. So it would be strange for him to be so emotional towards them.

And so far I haven't seen any real analysis of who Leviathan could be, only guesses and rumor spreading.
    Personally, I'd be thrilled if Leviathan was actually more than one person.

taya (@natchrisart) "Faux trailer for a (coming soon!) fancomic written by @_anelderling and illustrated by me, A Second Darkness. #Nightwing #RedHood"

(Little info: The text is from the "Parable of the Prodigal Son".)

(continuation)

(continuation)

(last page)

I don't know if this is going to be good or not but the preview is intense, you can't argue with that.