Page 170 of 285 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4267
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Oh god, is the "Jason beats Shiva with a punch" nonsense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh god, is the "Jason beats Shiva with a punch" nonsense again.
    I think he will go for "he was trained by the League and Batman and some others", actually. Nothing as radical as that one-time thing (it was in vol.1, right? In Tynion's?). Seems like a reason good enough for Damian to say that, for me (if you don't know many more fighters from the DCU that are better than Jason).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-09-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Calling him one of the great fight masters was a bit much.

But I guess going with something simple like “one of the best fighters” loses its appeal when you realize most of DC’s street level people make that list too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Calling him one of the great fight masters was a bit much.

But I guess going with something simple like “one of the best fighters” loses its appeal when you realize most of DC’s street level people make that list too.
    Ah, right. It was "one of the great master fighters". Eh... Hard to believe he would be called that. But the greater the threat...
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-09-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: hurr durr mistakes were made

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    If Bendis keeps writing Damian as weird as he does...is anyone else worried about the super sons reunion in Superman 16? Sorry for going a bit off-topic.
    I'm not worried. But I'm also not going to read it. I don't like Bendis' Damian. In my own opinion, Tim would have been a better option for the "Robin" role in Event Leviathan because I have no idea what Damian is doing, saying or aiming at.

When I read interactions between Damian and Jason (including but not restricted to Event Leviathan) it often feels like Damian has his own weird perception of Jason - a perception that does not match up with the way Jason is depicted in his own series or in most guest appearances nowadays - but although Damian probably has all those information about Jason, he still sticks with his own perception. And him admitting that Jason is a skilled fighter ("one of the great master fighters of all time" - what a stupid term. On the other hand, there are probably enough people who consider Dick, Tim and Damian one of the greatest master fighters of all time, and that's the same nonsense.) does not even sound like praise - more like Damian trying to find an excuse because he lost. I don't know why writers seem to set Damian up for failure when it comes to Jason (by that I mean how Damian mistreats Jason in general). It annoys the hell out of me. I hate it when Jason gets thrown under the bus for other characters - but that doesn't mean that I want to see history repeat itself with another character.

I normally like Damian a lot. But for the love of God, can he please leave Event Leviathan? His appearance does not do him any favors.
    Last edited by Sergard; 08-09-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm not worried. But I'm also not going to read it. I don't like Bendis' Damian. In my own opinion, Tim would have been a better option for the "Robin" role in Event Leviathan because I have no idea what Damian is doing, saying or aiming at.

When I read interactions between Damian and Jason (including but not restricted to Event Leviathan) it often feels like Damian has his own weird perception of Jason - a perception that does not match up with the way Jason is depicted in his own series or in most guest appearances nowadays - but although Damian probably has all those information about Jason, he still sticks with his own perception. And him admitting that Jason is a skilled fighter ("one of the great master fighters of all time" - what a stupid term. On the other hand, there are probably enough people who consider Dick, Tim and Damian one of the greatest master fighters of all time, and that's the same nonsense.) does not even sound like praise - more like Damian trying to find an excuse because he lost. I don't know why writers seem to set Damian up for failure when it comes to Jason. It annoys the hell out of me. I hate it when Jason gets thrown under the bus for other characters - but that doesn't mean that I want to see history repeat itself with another character.

I normally like Damian a lot. But for the love of God, can he please leave Event Leviathan? His appearance does not do him any favors.
    I don't know if it's true, but I did read that Bendis' favourite Robin is Tim and that he thinks replacing Tim with Damian as Robin was a mistake around the time he announced that Tim would be Robin again for his Young Justice book. If that's true it would explain why he throws Damian under the bus in this event.

Another thing that confuses me: Why did Bruce go through with all of this? And didn't Damian say:"help me prove that Jason Todd isn't Leviathan"? I haven't really paid attention to this event because I'm not a fan of Bendis, so I'm really confused by all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    If Bendis keeps writing Damian as weird as he does...is anyone else worried about the super sons reunion in Superman 16? Sorry for going a bit off-topic.
    Considering he's been writing Jon as bland (at best), among other things, yeah. Not really looking forward to it. At all.

Anyway, another fanfic recommendation; To Wonder On. In this story, when Jason is boosting the Batmobiles wheels, its Diana that comes across him first, rather than Bruce. From there, Diana takes him in as her son, and introduces him to her life and family. Some interesting interactions on Themyscira (meeting not only his grandmother, but Artemis too, which had quite the greeting between them). And right now, the author is doing their version of the Hiketea.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18...pters/43855696
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 08-09-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The way the team looks at Batman while being angry about "fair and square" makes me think Batman sabotage the capture in a way that's not so subtle to the team OR Jason had help. The Outlaws? Traps? Beat here doesn't necessarily mean fighting. It could be that he lures them to his booby-trapped safe house or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The one with Spoiler is specially cool. The other two are great as well, but that one is pretty cool. I dig their style.

I'm noticing in a lot of the fanart here Jason's sporting a shock of white hair - assuming that's comics accurate, when did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm noticing in a lot of the fanart here Jason's sporting a shock of white hair - assuming that's comics accurate, when did that happen?
    Hush, and then a few alternate realities like Flashpoint and, if I'm not mistaken, Mother Panic's future.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

As far as can I remember, it only appeared twice: His appearance at the end of Hush & the “set up” for it in Red Hood: Lost Days.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Is not comics accurate. The only time it appeared was during Batman:Hush and the Batman Annual that recalled Hush's events. In main continuity, Jason has never sported the white streak, and going by Lobdell's words, Editorial doesn't care about it. A few alternative versions like Flashpoint's Father Todd or Comics Injustice 2's Jason do have the streak though.

Personally, I've never liked it.

As the others have mentioned, the white streak only had very few appearances in the old post-crisis continuity and isn't canon in current main continuity.
    But the white streak still has a rather big fan base. A lot of people seem to like the little detail - and I love all the fanart.
    It proves that something doesn't have to be a widely acknowledged detail about a character or even canon in order to attract the attention of fans and especially fan artists.

Just take the Red Hood: Outlaw #33 cover for another example. It shows Jason in a suit and with his red mouth mask and an umbrella.

This design only appears on the cover. It hasn't ever been used in the story. So it's not canon. But shortly after the cover had been released fan artists posted a lot of fanarts using this design because they liked it so much.