Page 178 of 285 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Not something you hear everyday, and yet, so true. lol

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Paz (@ivokiku)

Esteban Ponciano (based on Event Leviathan #2)

colored version

Paz (@ivokiku)

Esteban Ponciano (based on Event Leviathan #2)

colored version

Wow! I'm following the second artist about right now. That colouring is simple, but very, very stylish.

jjmk-jjmk

The jjmk-jjmk Jason's birthday postcard.

@Redbird: Thanks for sharing all those beautiful artworks.
    No prob, and right back at you Sergard!
    Thanks for always filling this thread with lovely art

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    There is a big Rebirth sale on Comixology right now so I just picked up the latest trade for more than 50 % off.
    I bought it too. (Thanks for mentioning it. )
    I already own a physical copy but it's also nice to have a digital version. Thankfully, there are sales on readDC/Comixology regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    (Brace yourselves! Your typical librarian rambling coming through)

So... I finally bought my Outlaw trade and it seems that the paper is matte instead of satin. Apparently I missed that DC switched to matte paper for their trades about a year ago, somehow.

I wouldn't mind —if anything, matte paper always makes for a better reading. But the thing is... the quality of the paper is worse. I'm pretty sure that the paper now is slightly lighter than previously (when it should be the same or even thicker as far as I know); and no glossy varnish means it's less protected. I'm not complaining much, because those editions are cheap after all, but, eh... I am pretty sensible towards paper quality, because I don't want my purchases to be ruined after a decade because the damage humidity and / or sunlight caused in my stored books.

(Oh, BTW. It seems that the official name for the Su sisters is "Familia de Flores". I guess Lobdell likes Spanish, either that or the Su sisters are hispanic).
    Seems like DC wants to save some money by lowering the quality of their trades?
    The "Familia de Flores" is only mentioned on Rocafort's character design of Suzie's four sisters, right? I can't remember them being called Familia de Flores in the comic.

Another birthday fanart:

no_CH_ka

Seems like DC wants to save some money by lowering the quality of their trades?
    The "Familia de Flores" is only mentioned on Rocafort's character design of Suzie's four sisters, right? I can't remember them being called Familia de Flores in the comic.
    Yeah, as far as I know, it's the only place. But I'm guessing the name came from the writer and not the conceptual artist.

To my knowledge, the name is mentioned at least once in the 2011 run of RHATO, in issue #8.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    To my knowledge, the name is mentioned at least once in the 2011 run of RHATO, in issue #8.

Oops! I didn't remember that. Thanks, @RedBird.

Incredible Member

I bought it too. (Thanks for mentioning it. )
    I already own a physical copy but it's also nice to have a digital version. Thankfully, there are sales on readDC/Comixology regularly.
    Yeah I never pay full price for trades on there because they have sales like all the time.

Regarding the book, a couple of thoughts: I'm not a fan of the new suit, like at all, except the Han Solo pants lol. The story is good though even though I miss Biz and Artemis.
    I don't know if they show up more in later issues prior to their return but I always thought it would be fun if when they reunite with Jason both Biz and Artemis have 2 completely different stories about what happened to them, or that they just keep on babbling on and not making any sense, ending with all of them just shrugging it all off and leaving their "adventure" in mystery.