Page 184 of 229 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3428
  1. #2746
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,069

  2. #2747
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,449

  3. #2748
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    "Uh, Artemis?"

    "Hush little one. Only a few more jumps until we get to our target."

  4. #2749
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So far I love all the characters and their designs. Lobdell and Rocafort did a great job in creating something modern that feels like a breath of fresh air. There is so much diversity in this group of characters. It's a good mix of different ethnicities, genders, personalities and probably moralities too. But despite or even because of all those differences I feel like this group will have a great dynamic.
    I'm actually surprised that Lobdell made Bunker leave. I feel like Bunker would have been a great addition in the upcoming story arc.

  5. #2750
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    I think Bunker is a good guy at heart and wouldn't have worked with it.

    Also, Cloud 9 full shot :


  6. #2751
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    So far I love all the characters and their designs. Lobdell and Rocafort did a great job in creating something modern that feels like a breath of fresh air. There is so much diversity in this group of characters. It's a good mix of different ethnicities, genders, personalities and probably moralities too. But despite or even because of all those differences I feel like this group will have a great dynamic.
    I'm actually surprised that Lobdell made Bunker leave. I feel like Bunker would have been a great addition in the upcoming story arc.
    No matter what you think about Lobdell, it has to acknowledge him as one of the few creators that create new characters without using pre-existent characters as a crutch. And for the most part, the characters he makes are pretty distinctive and as you point out, diverse. I'd even argue that his creations are more earnest in that front.

  7. #2752
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think Bunker is a good guy at heart and wouldn't have worked with it.

    Also, Cloud 9 full shot :

    I love this design, to be honest. It's fun, silly and flashy: feels as if Harley had passed through a Borderlands universe or something (with some new brand siren powers). Lovely.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  8. #2753
    Mighty Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I love this design, to be honest. It's fun, silly and flashy: feels as if Harley had passed through a Borderlands universe or something (with some new brand siren powers). Lovely.
    AH! That's it! I was wondering what on Earth her design was reminding me off, yeah she does have a kinda borderlands Siren vibe.
    I was assuming she was an empath/telepath based on the name, but I wonder if she has some kind of elemental or weather powers as well, based on that image.

  9. #2754
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    AH! That's it! I was wondering what on Earth her design was reminding me off, yeah she does have a kinda borderlands Siren vibe.
    I was assuming she was an empath/telepath based on the name, but I wonder if she has some kind of elemental or weather powers as well, based on that image.
    I have no idea, honestly. Could be a mixed powerset of both, empathy-esque and weather powers. I was wondering the logic behind the name. Babe in Arms is a wordplay, I guess (because, well, we have a babe in arms but he's also a bellicose baby). I can't think of a proper wordplay behind, but it could be some reference to the Ninth Heaven, I guess.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  10. #2755
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I have no idea, honestly. Could be a mixed powerset of both, empathy-esque and weather powers. I was wondering the logic behind the name. Babe in Arms is a wordplay, I guess (because, well, we have a babe in arms but he's also a bellicose baby). I can't think of a proper wordplay behind, but it could be some reference to the Ninth Heaven, I guess.
    The wordplay is "to be on cloud nine". In the preview Cloud Nine reads a book with the title "Your Romance" (probably a romance book). And she fake-flirts with Red Hood. So I guess she's into romance stuff.

  11. #2756
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The wordplay is "to be on cloud nine". In the preview Cloud Nine reads a book with the title "Your Romance" (probably a romance book). And she fake-flirts with Red Hood. So I guess she's into romance stuff.
    So that's the phrase I didn't know about that was working there. Thanks!
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  12. #2757
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So that's the phrase I didn't know about that was working there. Thanks!
    I had to google it because I was confused too. In my native language the phrase goes "to be on cloud seven".
    And when searching for the origin of cloud nine there are different sources. Some state that it was originally called cloud seven, then later cloud eight and now we have cloud nine.
    Last edited by Sergard; 08-23-2019 at 02:37 PM.

  13. #2758
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I had to google it because I was confused too. In my native language the phrase goes "to be on cloud seven".
    And when searching for the origin of cloud nine there are different sources. Some state that it was originally called cloud seven, then later cloud eight and now we have cloud nine.
    Ha ha. In my own, it's "to be in the Seventh Heaven", which apparently has an almost perfect mirror in English, it seems.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  14. #2759
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    To be on Cloud Nine is to be happy, joyful to the point of being giddy. I'm guessing her powers will deal with some kind of emotional manipulation to make one passive and giddy?

  15. #2760
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    For a short moment I thought the knife in the RH:O #37 preview is the one from #27. But it's a completely different design.







    I also wonder if Jason gave Manhunter's staff back at the end of Event Leviathan #3
    - and if it would be considered cannibalism or not if Devour ate Cyborg's metal parts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •